Reviews for Snow Driftin'
Sentinel103 chapter 1 . 7/12/2015
Well one thing..there wasn't as much mayhem as there could have been. Wacky Wallie might have had to look for new employment.

Jp Marshall Law chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
Good story
Mystique84 chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
a very entertaing story to say at the least, i loved how the room keys got mixed up and mostly it was just Shego pissed as hell. I love the feelings that Ron and Drakken portray as they try to figure out their own ways in life now, and i love the whole situation, i could totally see this happening! Very sweet Drakken and Shego...can't say the same for poor Ron and Kim though...nightmares!
RonHeartbreaker chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
I'm just a few paragraphs in and already seriously enjoying this. Loved the awkward moment between Kim, Ron, and the trooper. Plus Ron riding with the grizzly. And the fact that Wade and the tweebs wanted to add a snowplow but didn't. And the Lovers Last Chance. I could totally see it in my head. Those are exactly the kind of throwaways and asides and sly visuals that the show uses to punch up the humor, and that you're so good at reproducing.

OK, LOL now at the Dementor bowling crack. Totally unexpected and perfect!

God, the Shego-Drakken scene in the car is gut-busting.

Finished. A great story! Completely in tune with the show, humor-wise and situation-wise (except for the slight maturity factor) and with a little more thoughtfulness and introspection than is usually found in your light comedy stories. (Drakken's finding the scenario unacceptable is a nice touch.) But mostly what blew me away was how you have mastered the sitcom model. Drakken and Ron accidentally swapping keys, the various reactions, and of course the scene-making "I think I have something that belongs to you."

I've been kind of out of the fanfic loop lately, due to incursions of real life, and reading a story like this is really energizing because it reminds me why I came here in the first place.
kp83 chapter 1 . 11/27/2008
HAHA! This story is Hilarious! Great Job!
MrDrP chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
I want to love this story.

It's well-written, nicely paced and funny.

The characters are all recognizable.

The setting, if risque, makes sense.

Yet I can't quite embrace this tale. Something - the ending to be exact - is off, a bit flat. That said, a good outing from UNT still beats most other fan fic writers' best efforts.
Norwesterner chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
This is probably the funniest KP story I've ever read! The lines and writing were laugh-out-loud priceless!

This makes me wish KP could perhaps migrate over to, and be revived on, Cartoon Network's "Adult Swim", and feature stories with this calibre of hilarity! This would rule that mediocre network! Maybe you should develop and pitch your own animated series — you have a comedic gift here that I would love to see in animation.

GREAT work!
Comet Moon chapter 1 . 11/11/2008

Great to see you back

Another Booyahh worthy fic

Ja ne

Stand Alone Battle A.I chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
That was freaking hilarious! and now im kinda interested to hear about the flagpole incident.
Stubbs101 chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
I had to leave a review for this, Hilarious, the joke with the whip at the end.

What can I say. Nice one shot.

Danny-171984 chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
LMAO! What was awesome. I knew Ron and Drakken would 'exchange' keys by mistake the moment they left the room. I just glad that Shego didn't took Ron's 'baby maker' Until next time.

Molloy chapter 1 . 11/8/2008

It has been claimed that the goal or "point" of writing fan fiction is to answer the question "What if?" And to a large extent, that's what fan fiction stories are: a writer's answer to that question. However, one could argue-I would argue-that the success of a story depends, in part, how closely the answer evokes the spirit of the source material. Mere incongruity between the source characters and their world to the "sitch" the writer has posed in his story-however bold-does not possess charm in and of itself. It may arrest the reader's attention for a moment or two and evoke an "Oh!" or an "Ick!", but it doesn't alone guarantee that the story will "work."

However, incongruity that channels the spirit of the characters and their universe does result in a story that "works." In fact, it does more than that. It expands and broadens the world of the source material. If done really well, it expands the source characters, too.

"Snow Driftin'" does just that. From the opening exchange with the highway trooper, the reader is in the KP world. There isn't a moment, despite the venture into some PG-13 subjects, where the world of the story feels false. A "Love Motel" between Go City and Middleton? Its neon sign seals its KP reality. The slight nod to the behavior in Rm 225 is another perfect example. If such a thing were to be referenced in a KP episode, this is how it would be done.

As to the humorous quality in this story (or episode), I will state that my wife believes the Drakken/Shego pairing is unrealistic and gorchy. However, when I read aloud the lines concerning Drakken and his "A game," she was "charmed" ... to say the least. There are dozens of lines of equal hilarity sprinkled throughout. Ron riding the Grizzly. The awkward silences between himself and the Night Manager. Shego demonstrating to Drakken why they didn't take the hover car.

Of course, one of the chief reasons why this story "works" (as all of UNT's stories do) is because he has gotten inside the heads of the characters. Not only do the Kim and Ron of "SD" talk like the real Kim and Ron, they think and feel like them, too. The characterizations are so good in this story that when I recall their lines I have difficultly remembering what was actually said and what was merely thought by the characters. Equally important, this story, again like all of UNT's stories, is character driven. This is the main reason why the incongruity of K and R in a "Love Motel" and D satisfying S's "needs" does not pierce the sense of KP Reality. We believe in these characters, so we will follow them anywhere the author may take them.

If KP were ever to get a fifth season somewhere down the road, it would be a great disservice if this author was not hired as one of its writers.

Aside from that, I eagerly await the next update to TTC or FF or another one-shot. I would follow this Kim and Ron anywhere this author wishes to take them.
Michael Howard chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
You had this one on the backburner for more than a year? What for? This was terrifically entertaining from start to finish, and has to be one of the finest KP one-shots I have ever read.

CajunBear73 chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
Oy, talk about a mood killer...

While Kim and Ron are figuring out their relationship, Shego and Drakken are brawling and making their own way.

Good little crash at that intersection of their lives.

Shego is so much fun to write, and read, ain't she? Drakken is the perfect foil for all of that and it looks like his partner is driving that relationship.

Now if Kim and Ron can get that image of their former adversaries in their current sitch out of their minds, they may get to where they can consider marriage... But brainsoap or the tweebs may have to help them out first.

Samurai Crunchbird chapter 1 . 11/8/2008

This was a well-told tale from start to finish. The banter at the start easily flowed into the arrival at the motel. As a survivor of a tornado from the 1970s, I concur whole-heartedly with your description of the room.

Shego and Drakken added a brilliant touch to the mix, with Shego and her...urges...and Drakken just wanting a 'time-out' to relax for a change.

The conclusion was utterly priceless as well. I will honor it by not spoiling it for those who read reviews first. I will just say it is worth the price of admission (yes, its free...but you know what I mean).

Congratulations on a job well done.

Your friend in writing,