Reviews for The Deepest Significance
Gracealma chapter 6 . 8/6/2014
A sweet story about Tony and Jethro realizing their in love.
Guest chapter 6 . 12/17/2013
This was a good story until the very end. Gibbs is always Papa-Bear and Tony is always his son. There is no other way to see their relationship than father and son.
Guest chapter 6 . 6/11/2013
I can understand the love between Gibbs and Tony, but it should be more of a father son relationship than the way you put it with them kissing on the mouth. There should be a healthy respect between the two men. Thanks for the story.
TriggerHappyJax chapter 6 . 5/27/2013
I just read this great story for the second time and realize I have never reviewed. I know this story was written awhile ago but know it is great to receive kudos even if it has been awhile...so KUDOS to you for a really nice read. Thanks!
WereBunny87 chapter 6 . 5/14/2012
Awww they have so many moments! It's so cute! I loved this! Great job!
IGottaFindYou chapter 6 . 12/4/2011
"Like I'm finally getting out of jail," Tony said. "My own bed, my own TV, my own apartment! Can you imagine?"

Her smile grew wider. "I cannot – I could barely stay here overnight."

...Wuss.:P:P:P:P:P

"I am sure Gibbs will have plenty for you to do," Ziva said. "His mood has been extra foul lately – I do believe it is because of you. He is very generous with the head slapping."

...And in "Twilight", Abby mentioned that while Tony was gone, Gibbs had been extra grumpy while Tony had been gone (though she hadn't connected it to Tony's absence), so I guess one's presence really does affect the other one's mood...:):):):)

He knew what it felt like, to save someone out of freezing water and getting nothing in return.

...:(:(:(

When Doctor Pitt came into the room, Tony's thoughts came to a screeching halt.

"Well?" demanded Gibbs immediately.

...somebody's anxious...:P:P:P

"I intend to keep more than one eye on him," Gibbs responded, hovering close to Tony in a way that he never usually did.

...INNUENDO! AWESOME!:):):):P:P:P

"An astute observation," Gibbs said. "I knew there was a reason I made you my senior field agent."

...You mean besides the fact that he's been there the longest?:P:P:P

Tony grinned. "Are you going to take care of me?"

...I smell a situation about to be taken advantage of...:P:P:P

"Until I know that you'll take care of yourself, yes," Gibbs said.

"Aw, it's nice to know that you care," Tony said, tone teasing but the words still true.

...Aw...:):):)

He felt the weight on the couch shift as Gibbs leaned back. "Lucky you think so, since you're staying."

"How long are you going to keep me here?" Tony asked, smiling slightly.

...Now that's an opening...:):P

"How does 'indefinitely' sound?" Gibbs said finally, not looking away.

...Ah, I figured he'd say "Forever", but "indefinitely", works, too...:P:P:P

Tony's eyebrows rose slightly, color tinting his cheeks. "Like a really long time, boss."

...Uh huh, and there's the challenge...:P:)

"Only if you want to, Tony," Gibbs said, voice softer than Tony could ever remember hearing it.

He didn't have to think about the response. "I want to."

At that, Gibbs leaned forward and carefully pressed his own lips to Tony's.

...And here's the ACCEPTANCE of the challenge...!:P:):):):):)

"The last four weeks," Tony said. "Being there. With me. Holding me. Loving me. I couldn't have done it without you."

...Aw...:):)

Gibbs gave a low, rumbling chuckle, and Tony decided that was a sound to cherish.

"Love you too, Tony. Always have."

...AW...!:)

...Amazing story.:)
IGottaFindYou chapter 5 . 12/4/2011
"My—my husband," Reed said. "He told me to call an agent called Anthony DiNozzo at NCIS if I ever got in trouble. One of my husband's friends—you helped him once, and he'd liked Agent DiNozzo—my husband just told me Agent DiNozzo's name..."

...Aw...somebody still likes and remembers Tony...:):) I'm always hoping that Josh kid from "Sandblast" will show up again, or he'll help somebody else like that.:)

Tony's fingers searched for Gibbs' as the doctor pulled out the tube from his mouth.

...AW...!:):):):)

A light spray of blood stained the sheets with every cough and a nurse dabbed Tony's mouth with a napkin.

Gibbs was beside him, holding him up in a sitting position, gently stroking his back.

...Ooh, "SWAK" flashback...:(

There was nothing more important in the world than Tony;

...In general, or just in this situation?:):P

perhaps this was the time to show that.

...AWESOME.:)

Ziva stared through the window at Rosenberg/Williams. The man, with dark hair cut short, was undoubtedly handsome. A strong jaw and straight nose, high cheekbones and what looked like a good body.

...Uh oh...this guy's in trouble...:P:P:P

Ziva wanted to go in and strangle him.

...YEAH, YA DO!:):):P:P

"No, it was the bullet he took when Tony—" he trailed off, unsure of what to say. "It was lodged in his leg. They couldn't repair all the damage."

...AWESOME! Tony got him a cane!:P:P:P:)

Ziva gave another small nod, and looked away from Rosenberg. She would not be thinking about him again.

She would be fine.

...Ah, there's that 'fine' word again...!:P:P:P

He wouldn't have believed it if he had not seen it, but Gibbs had barely left his side in four days. He had sat by Tony's side, in that uncomfortable looking chair, and he had talked to Tony. Tony couldn't recall any occasion on which Gibbs had talked as much as he had in the last few days.

...Aw...:):):)

Gibbs settled against the bed, Tony cradled to his chest. Tony was surprised – Gibbs usually sat back down in his chair – but didn't protest, because why would he?

...Here, here...:):P

"So I'm free to go?" Tony asked, giving his best 'I'll-be-a-good-boy' smile.

...hehehe...:P:P Is he still in the big blue room?

"Tony, I have some bad news," Doctor Pitt said. He looked at Gibbs, who sat beside Tony, listening intently. "Perhaps I should tell you in private."

...Why, are you afraid Gibbs'll kill you once he hears?

"Very well," Doctor Pitt said. "Tony, when I looked at your chest CT – it's not looking good. I'm not sure that you will be able to pass the requirements for active field duty."

...Ah, geez...:(

Tony stared at him, but it was Gibbs who exploded. "What?"

...hehehehehehehe...:P:P:P

"Like I said, we'll have to wait and see," Doctor Pitt said. "I just thought you should be aware of the possibility; you might want to look at other jobs anyway."

... ' .SO!:(

"I'm sorry, boss."

He caught Gibbs' sharp movement out of the corner of his eye. "Sorry? For what?"

...*Beams* Gibbs loves him...:):):)

Gibbs stood suddenly, and walked out of the room. Tony stared after him just as he had after Doctor Pitt, and fought the need to cry.

...Aw, honey...!:(:(:(

"Gibbs, what did you say to him?"

Abby was looking at him, rather accusingly, as though she could read his mind and had realized that he hadn't been the support he ought to have been.

...Uh Oh, when you're in trouble with Abby, you're REALLY in trouble...:P:P:P

Abby took him by the arm and led him towards Tony's clean room.

"Talk—to—him," she said, slowly, making Gibbs feel as though he were a child.

...hehehe...:P:P:P

"Probie," Tony said, pulling the mask down so that McGee would be able to hear what he said, and not get the muffled version. "You come to say your goodbyes?"

...AW...!:(:(

"But you ripped them a new one," Tony said, and it wasn't a question.

Gibbs made a face. "They had it coming."

...they know each other so well...:P:P:P:)

"Damn it, DiNozzo, don't," Gibbs whispered, pressing a kiss to Tony's temple. "I can't lose you."

...AW...!...That's Frickin' AWESOME!

To his surprise, Tony spoke again. The words were quiet and small, and said in a tone that suggested that Tony was almost asleep.

"I just want you to love me."

...AW...!:D:D:D:D

He had no idea of Tony heard him or not; either way, there was no response. So Gibbs sat there, the warm body of the man he loved leaning against him, breathing with the help of a mask. He wondered if it should feel so natural – he couldn't remember it feeling so natural, so comfortable, since Shannon.

He never wanted to leave.

...*Beams Like a Lighthouse*:):):)
IGottaFindYou chapter 4 . 12/4/2011
"He's on a ventilator."

Ducky's words echoed between them, the car filling with the words, deafening in the silence. Gibbs drove even faster than usual, the surroundings becoming a blur outside the window. His face was set, white, his thoughts traveling dangerously away from his driving, to Tony.

"They've confirmed the pneumonia," Ducky said. "They're not giving him great odds."

"He's not going to die," Gibbs snapped.

...May I just say that I am LOVING Gibbs right now? Bravo, my friend who does the writing, bravo.:):):)

Gibbs moved into the bushes too, where he knew it was less likely the shooter would see him.

...Enter SNIPER GIBBS!...That bad guy is TOAST!:P:)

He sneaked around in an extended circle, hoping to catch the guy from behind.

...You mean 'snuck'?

"I called 911," McGee said. "They're dispatching a helicopter. I think they were a bit surprised that we needed one twelve hours after the first one."

...hehehe...:):P

Gibbs hardly dared to touch him. It seemed as though a simple squeeze of Tony's hand might break him, send him over the edge, kill him. It was already Gibbs' fault that Tony was in the hospital – he didn't want to be the final weight that did him in.

"You may touch him, you know," Ducky said over the speakers.

...Aw...Ducky knows...:):):)

He knew the words were good, that the person who spoke was good. Someone to trust, someone to stay for. Someone who was worth all the pain.

...so sweet...:):):)

Gibbs had to remind herself that she had not been around when Tony had first been sick – she had become a part of the team a couple of weeks later.

...It's weird to think that it had only been a few weeks after he had the plague that Ziva came along. Cuz of course, for the rest of us, it was months.:P:P:P
IGottaFindYou chapter 3 . 12/4/2011
When she was ahead of Tony – she could see his back every now and then, his head bobbing up, lifeless – Ziva jumped in.

...I would love to see this happen on the show. He always saves her life, I'd like to see her save him(I don't count the tackling to avoid the explosion in "Dead Air", I want somethin' BIG! Like going across the world to save him out of a terrorist camp - big!:P:)).:):):)

She sat on her knees, the icy wind make her clothes even colder, but nothing made her soul freeze as the sight of her friend, her best friend, laying completely motionless on the ground.

...I like it when people reference him as her best friend...it's so sweet, and probably true.:):)

His wheezing breathing as he tried to get enough air back into his lungs made her realize with sudden clarity that even though he was breathing now, he was far from out of the woods.

...which is ironic, cuz they're still IN the woods...:P:P:P

"Jethro, please – they won't be quicker because you wear a hole in their floor."

...AW...! He's WORRIED!:):):)

When she turned the corner to her desk, Ziva was suddenly enveloped in a hug. She caught a glimpse of black hair in ponytails.

"Abby, I am fine," she said.

...Ah, yes...Dr. Abby needs to check you over, too...:):):P:P:P

She wondered if it was because it was Tony – because she had always had the feeling that he was a bit special to Gibbs.

...I hope she really DOES think that, cuz that would be awesome to hear from her on the show.:):)
IGottaFindYou chapter 2 . 12/4/2011
"There's no evidence that Rosenberg was present when Callahan was murdered," Ziva said.

"There wouldn't be if he framed her, now would there?" Tony asked. "Trust me, I have intimate knowledge with framing."

...The man has a point...:P:P

When he finally went home that night, it was earlier than he usually went home when they had a case. He tried to tell himself that it was because there was nothing to do, not at all because Tony would refuse to leave until Ziva, Gibbs, and McGee had all left.

...Aw...he cares...:):)

For a moment, Gibbs wondered what it would be like to be the object of DiNozzo's attempts of seduction...

...OOH...!:):):):):)

Tony was the core of his team, but telling him so seemed nigh impossible to Gibbs.

...AW...!:):):)
IGottaFindYou chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
"I'm fine, boss."

Gibbs looked doubtfully at his senior field agent. He hadn't asked about Tony's health out loud – he never did – but Tony had read his look and responded, rolling his eyes.

...Aw...they know each other so well...:)

it had been snapped up by the media, because the victim had been a beautiful young woman, with a rather successful modeling career in the making.

Not so much now, although they had taken plenty of pictures of her.

...Ooh...nice line, I like that.

...Wait, so is this gonna be about the case, too? Or is it mostly gonna centre around Tony being sick? I kinda thought it was one of those 'Tony's sick and Gibbs takes care of him' kinda things, but verybody's different, I guess...which is good, don't get me wrong.:):P

He shouldn't worry - it was unlike him and he suspected it would make Tony worry about him, if he suddenly started inquiring about his health.

...so cute.:):P
Monotufu chapter 6 . 11/16/2011
I was in love with this story the whole time! My parents are wondering why I'm squealing at my computer screen. :P Absolutely perfect!
Anni girl chapter 6 . 9/12/2010
Thank you for a nice story. You had me in tears sometimes but you really got your point across without wasting space or becoming tedious. Now to read the rest of your stories!
Fiction Ghost Writer chapter 6 . 8/17/2010
Man I think if we were counting Tony had used up more than his 9 allotted lives (_~) Great story!
Doni chapter 6 . 7/23/2010