Reviews for The Family Script
Darth-Taisha chapter 1 . 12/26/2014
I am so glad I read this, it is so touching. Shmi's sacrifice and role in Star Wars is often overlooked and I love how you highlighted her along with Beru who was also an unsung hero. Raising Skywalker boys had to be a tough job. Great writing and sentiment in this story. I have read tons of SW fics over the years and this one, short though it may be, certainly ranks high amongst some of the best I have ever read. My personal favorites have to be the Force Bond series by KittandChips.

Anyway, thanks for a great read!
ILDV chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Very very very GOOD
Kamai6 chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
Beautiful story!

Well done!

Kamai6
Cipher Nine chapter 1 . 11/22/2011
That was beautiful and rather heartbreaking.
zara2148 chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
Why oh why does this not have more reviews? This is one of the best SW fanfics ever written, and it only has 15?
Peace Like a River chapter 1 . 3/29/2009
I cried when I got to the end. And I'm not even sure why. It was just so touching. And I think you captured the characters beautifully. Schmi's diary was an excellent idea.
breakdownohh chapter 1 . 3/4/2009
Wonderful and very moving story. I loved how you interspersed the diary entries throughout the story. You've described Shmi's life as a slave very well. The only thing I wished you would have added is Luke's reaction.
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 3/4/2009
A great story. Very good.
PinkRangerV chapter 1 . 11/28/2008
:O Very haunting.
Cyranothe2nd chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
This is just lovely. So so well done.
Imhilien chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
Very moving and bittersweet, thank you.
KittandChips chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
aw, very moving. Sad yet hopeful. It made me think of my great-grandmother's diary, and the diary of a grandfather I've never met. We have them in doc format as it's very hard to read the handwriting from back then. Very fitting that it ended up in Luke's hands in the end. Curious about what the other 'items' that Vader mentioned were ... maybe the trillion credit fortune? His pad on Coruscant? heh.
Saela chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
That was a beautifull ending. Very emotional as well, if it is like I think it is, and Vader feels the same for Luke as Schmi did for Anakin. I'm glad Beru kept it for Luke to read, and even more glad that Vader was already 'good' again before he left for the Death Star.

This was a great story. I hope you'll write more!
SqueakyDolphin6 chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
That was just beautiful. The ending was heartbreaking. Vader's heart echoed his own mother's words as she let her son go. Masterful. Thank you for another wonderful story.
Mathematica chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
Oh, this is brilliant on so many levels that I don't know how to describe it! I pride myself on eloquence, but you appear to have stolen my words ... CURSE YOU.

I LOVED your characterisation of Shmi and her backstory, as well as Owen and Beru - you so rarely see fics about these characters, which pains me because they have the potential to be so brilliant, as yours are.

Shmi's diary was excellent, and I loved the way you detailed how it was passed on through generations ... I also really loved the touch of her dead lover, because in TPM, she was portrayed as the Virgin Mary or whatever, and it's like, um, she's a slave, she's not exactly going to be lilywhite, is she?

And I loved the way that you wrote Vader as well. "Padme and Anakin's possessions were not his own." That sense of denial of his is awesome ... very IC!

"After all, I have been a slave for so long, it scares me to think of what I would do if I was freed." That line is terrifying, because it is such a TRUE way that Shmi might feel about such things ... actually, I haven't seen any fics reflecting on Anakin's experience of slavery, which would have been interesting, but was mostly ignored due to the large gap between TPM and AOTC ...

Faves :D