Reviews for A Tale of Flowers and the Night
Eternal Love's Eclipse chapter 5 . 12/6/2010
Nice plot, nice flow, and for the most part, nice grammar. Just don't skimp on the proofreading. The errors I saw seemed to be mostly typos. Please update again soon!
Katato2013 chapter 5 . 9/15/2010
Hey! So glad to get an update after so long. :) Sucks about the coke/deletion dillema. I know how that feels... Anyway, I thought the chapter was good. A bit short for my taste though. Some more action would have been nice as well, but not necessarily action in the battle sense. :P Oh well! I don't really remember what happened in previous chapters... I vaguely remember a church and a clearing or something... maybe some fights... But for all I know that stuff is from a completely different fic. :)

Until next time!

Katato2013
SRAS9 chapter 5 . 9/14/2010
This story seems very interesting! I hope you can update soon! Seeing Kaoru fight might be a great surprise to everyone! She probably could take down all the wolves alone and without breaking a sweat! At least that's the impression you have given me, that she is very powerful! I hope I'm right! I love a powerful Kaoru! Great work!
poems2songs chapter 5 . 9/14/2010
great update... seems that kenshin & kaoru went back to the town kenshin came from... looks like a fight is coming... what is kenshin's plan... what's next... update when you can... please and thank you!
poems2songs chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
interesting story... wonder what happens next... update when you can... please and thank you!
Nesloga chapter 4 . 1/12/2009
funny ending...but this si great! countinue and update soon!
Innocent Battousai chapter 4 . 12/28/2008
Very interesting story so far! I like the blending of original content and bits from RK. It's a promising start, so please keep going! .x

Just a couple things I'd like to suggest regarding the writing technique:

In the first chapter that you switched from telling the story in present tense to past after a few paragraphs (though, since you haven't done that recently that I've noticed, I suppose the point is moot?).

Also, there's a few times where you swap character POV in the middle of a scene, which isn't the end of the world, but it does make it a bit more confusing to read.

About the Slayers...if the "complex" idea ties a greater shadowy enemy into the storyline (or some other equivalent that creates more plot conflict later on), I say go for it! Sounds fun!

And, you said you were having problems with the storyline lining up, right? Have you tried writing down basic points that you want to hit in the story and build from that? (Yes, it sounds ridiculously simple and I'm sorry if you're rolling your eyes and groaning "duh!", but some people don't think about it, so I feel the need to at least mention it)

Um, please don't take the critiquing the wrong way. I really am enjoying this story, so please update! *grin*
Katato2013 chapter 4 . 12/19/2008
Hey, thanks for thanking me at the beginning! You made me feel special. Anyway, good story. I am so excited for the next chapter. I loved how Kenshin's handwriting sucked! HA HA HA!
dragonbharg chapter 4 . 12/18/2008
interesting story stubbs, You need to update faster and why the hell does Kenshin has to have a bad handwriting?
poems2songs chapter 4 . 12/18/2008
great update... interesting events occurring... wonder what will happen next... update when you can... please and thank you...
miniwoo chapter 4 . 12/18/2008
Why not just use good ole Sano and Aoshi. Simple and complex-they seem to fit the bill. Sword of the stranger? I'll have to look into that.
Katato2013 chapter 3 . 12/6/2008
Ha, Beowulf. Anyway, it was good. I am so excited for the next part!
gure chapter 3 . 12/3/2008
"He resisted the temptation to prod her unconscious body with a stick. He thought it would be rude"

Those two lines are awesome. I really like the way you're writing Kenshin, and that particular bit made me laugh.

Yay! Very nice chapter. The way you've made the stories surrounding Kanryu as murky as the ones surrounding Battousai is nicely done. I especially like that you have the Kanryu legend getting muddled with the Battousai legends-for example, when you talk about the stories that are passed around of how Kanryu sends Battousai to deal with naughty minions. It reminds me of what tends to happen with urban legends-stories getting mixed and morphed as they're told over and over through the years. It gives a nice feeling of realism to your story.
skenshingumi chapter 3 . 12/2/2008
Interesting that Kaoru seems afraid of Battousai since she really never was in the manga. I like Kenshin pratical streak here, not ruthless exactly but definitely efficient.
poems2songs chapter 3 . 12/2/2008
interesting story... like it so far... wonder what happens next... update when you can... please and thank you...