Reviews for Ode to the Concubine
Fenris Jin chapter 2 . 2/19/2014
Brilliant! You actually blindsided me. I didn't realize Enishi was the Emperor who had to send her away. I had thought that it was Kenshin! That was a really good twist. I feel for Enishi too, you wrote him well. But I'm glad you made Himura the Khan. It was meant to be. :)

The bluebird idea was a good one. It established KK as the real pairing.. The nightingale petname from Enishi actually threw me off a bit as both men refer to her as a bird. That's probably why I thought Kenshin was the emperor at first.

I wish this was just a one-shot instead of a 4-shot. KK would be perfect as a stand alone. :)
Guest chapter 2 . 9/23/2011
Wow. I found a gem. When I chance upon this fic. Honestly I hesitated in reading this as I usually base what I read in the review count since most of the time it saved me from a bad read, but the summary of this story enthrall me, and I am glad I did. I also learned a valuable lesson. I wonder how many good stories I missed. Thus from now on I endeavor to review the stories I like (even if I suck in writing reviews) to help my fellow readers in searching for a fulfilling read, and I shall never again discriminate other fics for my reason cited above. Please also forgive my grammar if I confuse you. I barely pass my English.
Jasmine blossom625 chapter 2 . 2/20/2011
This story was amazingly beautiful and even made me laugh in a few places. Thank you for such a wonderful work of art. -
sulou chapter 2 . 8/18/2010
lovely...
skenshingumi chapter 2 . 1/30/2010
I really liked this, it was beautifully written and I love getting a bit of history with my fanfiction! I was very happy with the ending. I think Kenshin as the tribe leader just seems to more IC than having him tied down to court-or maybe I just really want the happy ending to be with Kenshin and not Enishi.

This story recalls to mind a fairy tale that was my favorite as child. I think it was called "The Seventh Princess". In it there were 3 sets of fair, pampered twin princesses and the seventh dark princess who took after her gyspy mother. They were all to grow their hair and the one with the longest hair would wed an important prince. At the great unveiling of their hair, the six princesses all have hair of exactly the same length while the seventh princess whose hair was cared for by her mother, the Queen had hair as short as a boys and was free to roam the world. I may have some of the details wrong now but I always loved the idea of the princess choosing freedom over a life of luxury. I think you created a unique story of your own with the same theme, RuroKen style.
kawaii96 chapter 2 . 1/8/2010
I really like this story. When you first wrote that you'll be writing about the 4 beauties in china I couldn't wait to read them. Good job.

I like the way you portrayed Kaoru as the strong type and how Kenshin seems to carry an air of confidence. (and sexy -)
the.stories.live.on chapter 2 . 1/5/2010
Oh, it was so beautiful. Thank you so much. I, I just can't put it into words, but I loved it, and I would love more. The writing was delicate, and carefully woven, and distinctly beautiful. Well done.
Daisy's Blog chapter 2 . 12/9/2009
it was amazingly good!

i look forward to more Kao X Ken
Brukaoru chapter 2 . 12/9/2009
Oh, this was quite lovely. I love your writing, it's so descriptive, and it feels like I'm reading the works of an author from older times. The way you capture the world of your stories is truly amazing. I love it!
kokoronagomu chapter 2 . 7/31/2009
a lovely and eloquently written adaptation!

i know it has nothing to do with your story but, i can't send you brownies or something to express my appreciation for your work and to encourage your writing -but i did draw kenshin in a kilt at[remove spaces]

kokoronagomu. deviantart. com

not the greatest but he does look good. IMHO *shrugs*

thank you!

delighted,

ginny
JMai chapter 2 . 4/7/2009
Beautifully written. I really loved the way you've portrayed Enishi as the Emperor, protraying a true sense of loss for the one you loved and not merely a loss for a beautiful object. Though I can't say I don't like the way it panned out since Kaoru got to be with Kenshin, whom I'm sure will allow her the freedom she seeks.

Your one-shots really go well with an artwork done by luciole titled "The Four Beauties" on DA (luciole./art/The-Four-Beauties-102056143) - Hopefully the link will show up -

I look forward to reading the other 3 one-shot. Till then :D
Seravia chapter 2 . 1/5/2009
This is so beautifully written. I love the descriptions, and the love triangle. It's nice to see that Enishi has a heart. I'm glad yu went with the KxK romance instead of the other option. Update soon!

RHRF
morning rush chapter 2 . 12/30/2008
Incredibly impressive writing. Reading it was like reading poetry. Feel sorry for Enishi though... (secretly rooting for him, lol)
Katato2013 chapter 2 . 12/30/2008
That was fantastic! I was so happy when Kenshin and Kaoru finaly got together. Poor Enishi, though... I never thought I would feel sorry for him, but I did. Good work.
Kenji-chan chapter 2 . 12/30/2008
I love it, it is great. Thank you for updating.