Reviews for Monkeychucker
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
Oh, this is so sweet.

How did Dean know which was the 'shifter?
Supernoodle chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
Yay! That was so good. Monkeychucker? Brilliant. For years I watched a VHS copy from ITV of Leathal Weapon which had the word "motherfunsters" instead of that other word... It sounds wrong now when I watch it on DVD and Riggs actually swears. Then there was the whole, "I'm a real cop, this is a real badge and this is a real "firing" gun. So thanks for reminding me of that, and thanks for this great little fic!

TTFN, Supernoodle x
bhoney chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
LOL, this was cute. I have to agree, sometimes the phrases they come up with to replace the bad language just crack me up. LOVED that Dean knew all the different versions, and quoted them, even with the nonsensical words, beeps, or silences in there. LOL Of course, "monkeychucker" is by far my favorite. *snort*

This line was haunting: "An angel is all that can take Dean out of Hell, but apparently nothing in either heaven or earth can pull Hell out of Dean." Wow. Very powerful. That's good writing!

This was so bittersweet: "Dean had always paid attention to the soft sounds of sleep and silence, listened for the telltale catch in Sam's breathing, made sure his little brother was fast asleep before he let himself relax and settle in for the night. Dean was always ready in case Sam said he wanted a juice box, or a guide to the bathroom when they were in a new place and Sam didn't want to have to crack his eyes open against the bright light of a bare light bulb.

And more often than not, Dean's only company against the darkness, against waiting for Dad to come home, was a movie with the sound turned down low, the color moving across his pale face like a shadow." Wow. Such a great picture of Dean's devotion to his brother.

And this just broke my heart: "Sam can't move, can't even breathe; Dean is so close, so much like he used to be before he knew he was God's chosen warrior, before there was an angel who could swoop in and succeed where Sam had failed and failed and failed." Aww, Sammy! And his thoughts on how Dean takes such pleasure in the small things of life...

I liked the little bits of humor throughout, too, like this: "chewing as loudly as possible to keep the dialogue from being tattooed across his brain". LOL Poor Sam!

Loved at the end, that Dean lets Sam know that he trusts him, and that he'll always be his little brother. And that they end watching the show together, just like when they were kids (also, love that Dean remembers this was Sammy's favorite version, growing up).

Great story! Very creative idea, and well done.
PADavis chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
This was such a bright story - the image I have of Dean's face looking at the TV to find BHCop for example - and such a dark one with Sam's memories of growing up and Dean's nightmares. Love the image of Dean running until he drops like a felled tree, gesturing with Sam's burgundy boxers (snort), Sam chewing as loudly as possible to drown out the TV ... brilliant piece.

Phoebe
Nana56 chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
Monkeychucker. I love it! Fantastic word. I really liked the way this fic progressed, too. Sam's feelings and fears and Dean's way of making Sam feel better. It's Dean's life's work - taking care of Sam.

Well done.
Ster1 chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
Wonderful job interweaving Dean's childlike love of the movie, the aftermath of hell, Sam's memories and his feelings of failing Dean. With such a beautifully hopeful ending too!

Just lovely...