Reviews for Last Possible Christmas
kaitlynchosenisme chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
that was beautiful. the lovely Christmas story is always a fun one to write. i love Ron's reaction to the double PDP i'm surprised he lasted as long as he did. bravo Ron, bravo. i'm happy MrDrP finally got over his stress (a little) about his daughter being engaged and later getting married. it makes the whole family complete. and now it's MrsDrP's turn to freak out over her sons, ahh that will be a thing to see. (evil grin) v

-Kaitlyn
Reader101w chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
Great and sweet story, with a nice dose of humor.

I loved the ending, where the roles were switched.

The contemplations of the family about Kim and Ron were very well done.

keep up the very good writing that you do,

reader101w
KP's Man chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
I love this Christmas Story,Booyah!Will you have a follow up featuring the build upyo and then the wedding?
Joe Stoppinghem chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
One of the strongest Holiday KP stories this year. Great dialog especially with Mr. Dr. P finally accepting the inevitable of life.

Very will done and thanks. Good luck in the contest.
Lady Rhetorica chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
["Mom also pointed that fact out to me. As well as the fact that it'll be the boys' turn soon." "No way," Anne said sternly. "No girls are going to come anywhere near my sons."James chuckled. "Is that really how I sounded?" "I'm being serious! The boys will not date. No girls. I am putting my foot down!" Anne saw the amused look on her husband's face. "You think I'm joking, but I'm not. No girls. Ever." James finished off his eggnog and tried not to laugh at the sudden role reversal. "Why don't we table this discussion for tonight. It's getting late."]

Your story touches on what must be a universal theme of fathers not thinking anyone's ever good enough for their respective kimmy cubs. I particularly liked the scene above because it involves an ironic conflict. If you do a rewrite, that may be a scene to come back to and develop. I can imagine Anne telling Mr. Dr. P. how much he and Ron are actually alike (Father Possible has had his share of doofus moments even as an adult).

As for the implied leopard skin lingerie scene between Kim and Ron, would the story lose much if you took it out and saved it for a Kim/Ron focused story? Since the story is fairly short, it might work better to keep the point of view consistently from Mr. P's point of view. Just a thought.

LR
Thomas Linquist chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
A very good story. I suppose every father goes through this that first Christmas. It's not going to be any easier that first birthday.

On the other hand, the shoe will be on the other foot that first father's day when Ron and Kim have their own little bundle of energy.
VampireNaomi chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
Wow. This story captured me right from the beginning and didn't let go until the end. Everyone was perfectly in character, and your portrayal of the worries/joy everyone was having about the holiday and Kim and Ron's future wedding really struck me. I was particularly impressed by your portrayal of James because I could feel his hesitation and sadness as if they were mine. Very few stories can make me this emotional, so bravo!

Though it was no big part in the story, I was happy to see that Rufus was included as a family member. Too often authors ignore or forget about him, even though he's an essential part of the team. It was great to see him here even now when Kim and Ron are as close as they can be.

To summarise, this is a perfect example of not only a good holiday fic but of a good fic in general. It was filled with happy and tender moments, but at no point did it become sappy. Thanks for writing this.

My apologies if this review appears twice. I was logged out by some bug while I was posting this, and I don't know if it made it or not.
JAKT chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
This tale does a terrific job here of mixing humor with realization in a fun romp of a story that very smoothly incorporates some expanded developments from the TV series while giving us some quality time with our favorite couple.

You do an outstanding job of getting into the hearts and minds of these characters giving us portrayals that are realistic, compelling and deeply human. Plus you manage to include some of your trademark humor, balancing beautifully the more dramatic and intense moments to produce yet another deeply engaging Christmas tale.

Well done waveform. Well done indeed.

jakt
kp83 chapter 1 . 11/27/2008
Awesome story! Poor MrDr. P. I guess all kids grow up at some point and their parents are saddened by it. I know my parents are happy about my engagement, but they still think I grew up too quickly. Props on the realism!
Comet Moon chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
Ok, now you have to do a Tim/Jim first double date.

Maybe an older girl too

Twins

11 months older

Look forward to more

Ja ne
whitem chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
I really enjoyed this... So many 'aww' moments, and the right amount of heart and humor.

In my opinion, every single character here was spot on. Awesome...

Looking forward to what you give us next...
Anabri chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
That really was a wonderful story! Sweet, well-written, and had just the right amount of Christmas spirit. Great work!
LTAOZFAN chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
A well-done Christmas story that avoids most of the cliches of that type of tale! Good job, sir! I like the notion that Nana can tell when and why James is upset without asking him, and the gifts that she gives to Kim and Ron. I also like the way you weave the thread of "what will happen when the Tweebs start dating girls & then get married" through this story. Yes, Anne would have a "no girls!" reaction, just as James had a "no boys!" reaction with Kim.

The business of both Anne and Kim hitting Ron with the Puppy Dog Pout makes me wonder. Is this something Anne taught to Kim, or did Nana teach Anne the trick first? And what if all three ladies pulled the PDP on the same person at the same time? I'll bet they could turn Senor Senior Senior to their will, if they did that to him.

Kim's special present for Ron, and the reaction from Rufus, is fun, as is the bit about the cheddar cheese in the fridge. In the TV series it is clear that Anne understands the relationship between Kim and Ron sooner and more thoroughly than does James, and you bring that out nicely, here.

A good story, and one I will come back to more than once in the next few weeks as the holiday season rolls on.

LTAOZFAN

"Them's my views, amen, so be it."

"Treasure Island," by R. L. Stevenson
cpneb chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
wafeform:

A wonderful holiday tale, you have given us. An excellent portrayal of Nana, complete with skills a mother of James and Slim Possible would have to have.

Anne, with the PDP to get Ron to call her Mom? Nice touch here. Tweebs with girlfriends, Kim already plotting, and Anne now becoming the protective one: excellent.

Nice nod to 'Bad Boy' with the leopard print...wonder if Kim kept the costume...

It's a wonderful tale, waveform, and thanks for sharing it with us.

...cpneb
Slyrr chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
I love a good fluff story. Not too sappy, but not too distant either. Plus an excellent tale about letting go. The only criticism I might level was that James wound up saying the 'I knew it was coming but it's still hard to let go' speech a few too many times, so it kind of lost some of the impact at the very end of the story when he was talking with Anne, when it should have had the MOST impact. That could be easily fixed though.

So all around, excellent stuff! Nice way to kick off the holidays...