Reviews for Birds
CinderpeltCat chapter 1 . 12/28/2014
I HATE BIRDS I still love hummingbirds
Leili chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
xD Oh, wow, I love this! It was so adorable!
Thundercatroar chapter 1 . 12/2/2008
AHAAHAHAHAHAHA! I swear you made me laugh and I needed to laugh!

Just the other day my husband and I were trying to figure out how many times Helga had been pooped on in the show.

Great story! ;D
Shahrezad1 chapter 1 . 11/12/2008
This was rather enjoyable to read. Because, well, it's unexpected, but it definitely touches some of the nuances of Helga and Arnold's personalities.

Plus, I understand the thing about birds. *shivers* The one I have a hard time with is ants. Even thinking about it gives me the willies.
Sapphyre Snow chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
“Pigeons are birds. And I hate birds. They’re essentially, rats with wings, and I hate rats too.” Helga explained.

Pretty much my favorite line! This was cute! And I liked that they were in their usual 9 year old selves! I liked it! :)
Jae B chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
This wasn't a bad oneshot. I think you could use a little more description in the ending, but it turned out good. Poor Helga and all that bird poop! Keep up the great work.

Hellerick Ferlibay chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
I'm surprised that you don't like birds. I mean for a person who likes as ugly creatures as dogs it would be quite natural to like flying rats as well. Okay at least we have on thing in common. Now let's try yet one thing: do you like spiders? They are so beatiful in their eightleggedness...

And when I challenged you two write a 'kid fic' I did not mean a fic in which Helga gets pooped on.
Dark Lady of the Sith chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
Poor Helga. XD

Y'know, that flock of birds you saw kinda reminded me of a dream I had a few days ago. There was a positively huge flock of birds, hundreds and hundreds of them. It was scary for some reason, and I like birds. _
NeoNails chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
Don't worry. I have the same exact aversion to birds, but I just dislike them in general. My mother is terrified of them, because practically every times she drives there will be some bird (occasionally several) that will fly out in front of her car or at her, and generally freak her out. I guess you could say it's genetic.
RAM chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
I read your 'philosophy' at the end, and I want you to know that one of the first things I noticed about your one-shot was how well it was written: much better than most of the other fanfics I've read.

First of all, despite being about a cartoon it wasn't immature and condescending. Instead, it casual in a very typically HA! way.

What I really liked was that you didn't go into long explanations about very obvious things. I've seen this in many HA! fanfics and it really gets on my nerves. The stories are dumbed down because people try to explain why the characters act the way they do, and how the relationships work. I find this annoying because the chances are if I'm reading a HA! fanfic, I'm already well aware of ALL the background details. You were very good at avoiding these unneccessary descriptions, which made the story much easier to read, and also more interesting, because it was all YOUR story and not pre-established backstory.

You also really seem to understand the material. The tone, the atmosphere, the relationship and the dialogue all fit in perfectly with what I've seen on HA! and made it seem like a real clip from the show.

All in all: very enjoyable!
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
Yeah, Helga is like a magnet for birds' waste.

If replying please do it by e-mail. Thanks.

Keep the good writing.
Vinyaya chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
Yay! I love your work. I love how you have Helga so awesomely in character, and this is my favourite type of Helga, the at-a-loss-for-words version she becomes around Arnold. Hee hee. So FUN.
Lotusnapper chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
Quite funny, good. :D
Toni America chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
lol. that reminds me of a jodie call from ROTC... Good times... lol... I've never been pooped on by a bird, and i don't think I want to be... lol. *Cute story. lol

'birdie, birdie in the sky

white wash falls right in my eye

it wasn't rain, it wasn't spit...

OMG it's birdie S*it'

lol... Good times. Sorry.