Reviews for Out of Touch
Liafrombrazil chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
You did it again. This little fic is heartwarming and hopeful. When you write we can see their friendship's so intense and it is really awesome. How Sam's actions in the end gave Dean the last bit of courage he needed to come back to his brother! I love when Dean shows the closeness they had in their childhood and during their whole lives. It's scary knowing "The Grand Duke of Hell" thinks Dean Winchester is a fair game. Although I still believe the love will make everything right.
bhoney chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
Wow, this literally brought tears to my eyes. It's like Dean got a small taste of Heaven. And then to have it ripped away... *tear*

Loved "the victories that looked like losses" and how Dean finally had clarity in that moment, understood all of it (the important parts anyway)-reminds me of the verse that says now we know in part, but then we shall know fully, even as we are known. And you did a great job of showing how your body would seem like a "flesh prison" after having such an experience, and then having to come back.

Loved this too: "What he’d lost was indescribable and made him want to scream for the loss. But what he had here…that was priceless in its imperfection." As always, loved the comfort, and Sam trying to be Dean's shields for him.

Very poignant, very deep and moving, lots of depth to this piece. Excellent job! It's going in my faves.
sylia91 chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
Beautiful fic. Dean was given the ultimate knowledge and enlightenment but would trade it at any time for family. Family trumps everything in Dean's eyes. Great job! I am loving this season so far except I need the boys together emotionally and things seem to be setting up for some major confrontation and shifting alliances. Your fics always comfort me with wonderful brotherly moments. Keep it up please!
RedDragen chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
A nice short story
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
Wow.

Just. wow Kati-I really am at a loss for words.

But I know you like them, so here I go...

Such beautiful prose. The way the words flowed, and your descriptives almost overshadowed the beauty of the story. Almost ;) But didn't because you managed to infuse such emotion in what was happening that it in itself, was extremely powerful, and SO beautiful.

You know how I love your brothers, but this one took it to a new level. I ached for the desperation Dean was feeling, without even hearing it from him in words, only emotions-that was some incredible writing btw. And Sam trying so hard to fix him, with love, and comfort, and everything that makes him so strong-Gawd, that just gave me goose bumps.

What an incredible piece you did here.

I am so amazed, and feel like I must go and read it again...

Wonderful work!

Lily xo
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
So great! Loved it!
Muffy Morrigan chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
This was perfect. I miss this dynamic so much this season and you have captured it here so perfectly. Sam and Dean before everything, or maybe after everything. The emotions, the images hit every note! Just lovely! I couldn't ask for more!

Five freshly waxed, lovingly detailed Impalas with a new box set of music, all the food they could ask for and Sam and Dean happily cruising inside!
luvjase chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
Once again you just totally amaze me. This was just so awesome. Loved Sam being Dean's shield and Dean finally reaching for him. Honestly, you leave me speechless. LOVE the new icon! It's perfect! Thanks again! :D
Visionairy chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
That was great! It was one of those stories I had to read twice to get all of it, but it was very well done - unique and intriguing.

Of course I loved the ending. I particularly liked the line, "What he’d lost was indescribable and made him want to scream for the loss. But what he had here…that was priceless in its imperfection." That is excellent! Thanks for posting!
TraSan chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
Excellent story.

Dean, lost in a whirlwind of chaos in his mind and the only thing that can bring him back is Sam.

Thanks for sharing.
amyblair chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
Hey, K -

Totally dug your description of what Dean was seeing - the colors, the rush and then the cold and the empty.

I loved how Sam reacted, the hopelessness and then not being able to take it anymore and just relying on the only thing he could think of - his brother, wrapping him up and finding hope again.

Pretty neat fic. It makes me wonder about the next two episodes with Sam's reveal and then Dean's. I wonder how they are going to deal with not just the facts, but with the pain that they went through.

Nice job.

~B
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
That's just like Dean, to throw himself infront of Sammy to make sure he wasn't the one that would go thru hell from the demon' touch. Loved the way that Sammy pulled Dean into his embrace and Deanw as able to sense it and take comfort in it!
irismay42 chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
Aww... Sam will always come to Dean's rescue. And vice versa, hopefully. (You listening Kripke?)
lili20 chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
One word: Beautiful ;)
PADavis chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
Incredible view of loss and redemption and insanity. Gorgeous - Sam's dialog so perfect, and what Dean gives up to have it back.

Phoebe