Reviews for The Secret's In The Telling
Khelc-sul Renai chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
...Soren, Ike is just as bad a hider of things as he thinks, stop worrying about the Company, many of them already know. I really like how Rhys and Oscar reveal that knowing at the end, saying that the two aren't hiding anything, right after Soren talks about how they MUST hide the relationship.

I can see Ike not getting (very) jealous, and Soren having to constantly fight jealousy. It fits them.

I loved Boyd's insistence that Soren was getting married to the book he was actually reading at the time.

Well written. Good read.
Diedre D'Nai chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
They really aren't. Best canon gay pairing ever. huh, I didn't know I would, but I kind of like possessive Soren.
Minikimii chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
Mm... adorable. :)

I can see Soren glaring at the princess from across the ballroom floor. Haha... Soren would so do that while ignoring the maidens that come for his hand.

-Minikimii
aos chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
I think this story is really good. However, the last part is really out of place and serves no purpose at all. That part would be better off interjected somewhere in the middle of the story, rather than at the end. The ending which I suspect you wanted to write(and this is based on pure speculation) should be hard-hitting, not subtle and wishy-washy and devoid of substance.

Other than that, I really enjoyed your story. Good work.
LittleLinor chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
... The talk about books.

PRICELESS!
Lady Nightspike chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
Okay, I love Ike/Soren. I love your work. And I love the premise. But in many ways I think this story fell flat.

*This is nitpicky, but there were at least five typos/grammatical errors that I saw. I don't know if you care about that, but I thought I'd let you know just in case.

The ideas of life at court and Soren's possessiveness are interesting and work well. I really liked the part with Soren married to his books and the follow-up in the actual I/S interaction. But the first and last parts seem rather out of place because in the middle there is ONLY I/S. The part with Boyd was really funny. But the I/S scenes were a bit lacking in character chemistry and flow. It felt stiff and added to the disjunctive feeling of the story in general. I don't think there's anything wrong with the concepts of the interactions; it's just the actual words that you use that seem unnatural. For example, in the very first lines of dialogue they have between them, the "Welcome back" seems very awkward compared to the intimacy and familiarity of, "I thought I told you not to bring books to bed." The story is about Soren worrying about being caught and its ramifications.

Moreover, the part with the ball, the girl and Elincia seemed too much like a plot device rather than an actual scene. The girl only exists to annoy Soren and even then I'm not quite sure what she adds considering that he's already annoyed by Ike's situation. Same thing with Elincia, only on a greater level. She's set up as a shadow rival for Ike's attention at least (if not his affection as well) but she only exists in these shadowy mentions of "Queen Elincia blah blah". Elincia is the best bet as a semi-rival for Ike because she is a powerful woman, she seemed to be into him in PoR, she's beautiful, and she's constantly taking up Ike's attention, even if only indirectly. But you need to do for her what you did for Aimee. Those lines about her were some of the best in the story-in such a small space, you managed to encompass several aspects of her character. I could believe that she was a 'threat'.

Which brings me to the last point. You have two possessive arcs going-one dealing with female attention, the other with the knowledge of their friends, which with the sharing thing becomes a matter of possession. As it stands neither is quite right. I think can do a great job of interweaving the two, it's just a matter of some sharpening. Good luck!

(collapses exhausted)
sindy chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
tee hee poor sorenand ike XD they all know but they are so obvius its so freaking cute! Thank you for sharing
NinjaSheik chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
...Kyaa!Kyaa!Kyaa!Kyaa!This was so cute!Kyaa!I love it!I love it!Kyaa!I'm not a big Yaoi fan,but I'll make an exception!I love Soren so much!Awesome story!