Reviews for Encroaching Madness
Stormcutter684 chapter 20 . 11/12
And that's a wrap? The end? Wow! This story, and The Darkness Within was super good! A wild ride indeed!
A crazy psychopath ninth doctor, trying to posses the tenth doctor? Wow! How crazy! Complete pandemonium!
Saving Rose from the parallel dimension! I like how Rose was rescued ... But the crazy Doctor's absolute determination to find Rose, and keep her as his own? It was spiralling out of control.
I was practically screaming throughout this who story, "ROSE! ITS NOT HIM! ITS NOT THE REAL DOCTOR! It's the ninth, not the tenth! The tenth is kidnapped inside his own mind by his other self which is the ninth doctor who somehow managed to stay in the tenth doctor's mind through the regeneration and is now impersonating him and obsessing over you!"
It's a crazy plot ...
And then the two of them were beating each other up! It was a dramatic fight to the death! Only one would make it out alive! Two minds, one body! Not enough Room! And poor Rose almost had to choose!
Thank Doctor Who that the tenth doctor emerged victorious.
And yes, thank you also for adding Jack getting his mortality back. It is kind of sad how Jack got stuck with immortality by Rose.
Anyways, an absolutely FANTASTIC story! I love it! It's so crazy, unique, and it's absolutely BRILLIANT! A great job! 3
Good God. I feel so, so terrible for them both. Mind raping yourself (though to be fair they should probably be considered different people). Now that just takes things to a whole new level of scary.
Kira chapter 17 . 1/4
I cried so hard knowing one of my two favorite doctors would die. Good work making be sob like when 9 regenerated or when rose got left in Doomsday.
SoranoHonoKHR chapter 20 . 12/9/2014
Beautiful job! I love the whole battle that the Doctor literally had with himself. Excellent work with portraying Ninth and Tenth. Especially love the last line. Personally I think the Doctor did merge together because, the Doctor's first rule? He always lies. Hehe.
lunae lecem chapter 20 . 10/7/2014
When I started this, I thought "9 and 10 battling each other? Sounds like fun." What I got was one of my favourite fictional character(s) fighting for Rose, who seems to have become a sort of prize (sorry, I've got a bias against Rose), and some level of intimacy which I really don't appreciate. Nevertheless, your writing is terribly good, I did enjoy the two Doctor's heated exchanges (though the same could not be said for the subject of their argument)

I must compliment this piece of work, although it isn't my cup of tea. Good work.
fieldsoffebruary chapter 20 . 6/16/2014
OH MY GOD that ending! This was such a great story! I absolutely love the Ninth Doctor in the series (I apparently have a thing for the broken morally gray kind of characters) and I like the Tenth Doctor well enough, and I just adored what you did with this story. Everything was just brilliant and amazing. I was sort of rooting for the Ninth and Tenth melding instead of just one of them winning out, but I actually think the Tenth emerging the victor would have been more plausible. The Doctor would have, ultimately, done what was right, and the Ninth has had his time and it has ended. Love how you gave this an open ending too! It was devilish and I love you for it. Honestly, I think it was just the Tenth teasing Rose, playing with her little ape mind. But, of course, as open endings go, this could go either way, really. xD Bloody fantastic.
ran0neechan chapter 20 . 4/4/2014
Fantastic? Oh, that is just evil...
fruitsmoothy chapter 20 . 2/26/2014
Just so beautifully written. I am most curious about what happened between the two doctors when they decided to pick who would 'win' :) I also loved the last line. Perfect and leaves the audience wondering...
Grac3 chapter 20 . 2/16/2014
Oh my this was amazing! I'm a little sad that it was Nine that died, though... But anyway, great story! Loved the plot and the last line!
CuratioLethe chapter 20 . 12/24/2013
You seriously could not have ended that on a more perfect note! I have come to the realization that I am in love with your brain, because it writes such amazing things! And you have a great way of keeping everyone in character, for all of your stories.

I loved this concept, and am grateful that you wrote on it, because Nine was my first Doctor and although Tennant did a magnificent job of smoothing into the role of the Doctor, it was still hard for me to see Eccelsion go. Not that its been easy for any regeneration, but Nine was my first and that always leaves an impact. I had the hardest time trying to morph the two into the same character and it was so very hard to let go. I'm thrilled that you expanded on this.

Again, I also love how you ended it and the "open for interpretation" route, although giving enough details to point us to where we all hoped it would lead.
*Hugs You*
brightflare chapter 20 . 11/25/2013
very good story!
batgirl2992 chapter 20 . 10/30/2013
This was brilliant! Thanks for writing!
NabikiB chapter 20 . 9/29/2013
Yup, he blended properly.
Veratican Justice chapter 2 . 9/27/2013
I am rooting for the tenth. Definitely. The way you portray him in your story is just the way I wanted him to be in the actual series... Me and my sick imagination. XD
Kaitie85386 chapter 20 . 6/28/2013
Love it. Everything was absolutely amazing and I don't know how you did it. Wow.