Reviews for Encroaching Madness
Arkytior S chapter 20 . 6/19
This is probably the fouth or fifthtime i've read this story and i still love it.
I love how Nine fought regeneration itself in order to keep his promise to Rose, that absolutly broke my heart and made me love him all the more.
But i hated how the Doctors tortured themselves with possiblities and memories.
It also scared me how close Nine came to becoming the Valeyard( lemme tell ya, he's terrifying) and how he might have hurt Rose.

But all in all i loved this story and i loved how you brought back a villain from Classic Who.
vulnercse chapter 20 . 3/10
this series was brilliant and I'm crying tears of joy because everything punched me in the heart and soul. keep up the good work sweetheart!
The ending of that was disturbing. I really don't know which is which.
arans chapter 20 . 8/11/2016
"and its gonna be fantastic"
oh boy
RaziOUAT chapter 20 . 3/27/2016
Read the 1st story and this one.. Weird but I loved it.. What a way to have the 9th and the 10th doctor to fight it out.. Well done dear.. You should do more Doctor Who stories..
Annarova chapter 20 . 2/1/2016
Wow, what a story! Amazing build-up, the characters are so realistic and the ending made me melt! Love it!
Thanks for the amazing read :)
Grex chapter 20 . 11/27/2015
That was... spectacular. It was so surprising I forgot to breath. :)
Stormcutter684 chapter 20 . 11/12/2015
And that's a wrap? The end? Wow! This story, and The Darkness Within was super good! A wild ride indeed!
A crazy psychopath ninth doctor, trying to posses the tenth doctor? Wow! How crazy! Complete pandemonium!
Saving Rose from the parallel dimension! I like how Rose was rescued ... But the crazy Doctor's absolute determination to find Rose, and keep her as his own? It was spiralling out of control.
I was practically screaming throughout this who story, "ROSE! ITS NOT HIM! ITS NOT THE REAL DOCTOR! It's the ninth, not the tenth! The tenth is kidnapped inside his own mind by his other self which is the ninth doctor who somehow managed to stay in the tenth doctor's mind through the regeneration and is now impersonating him and obsessing over you!"
It's a crazy plot ...
And then the two of them were beating each other up! It was a dramatic fight to the death! Only one would make it out alive! Two minds, one body! Not enough Room! And poor Rose almost had to choose!
Thank Doctor Who that the tenth doctor emerged victorious.
And yes, thank you also for adding Jack getting his mortality back. It is kind of sad how Jack got stuck with immortality by Rose.
Anyways, an absolutely FANTASTIC story! I love it! It's so crazy, unique, and it's absolutely BRILLIANT! A great job! 3
Guest chapter 14 . 5/7/2015
Good God. I feel so, so terrible for them both. Mind raping yourself (though to be fair they should probably be considered different people). Now that just takes things to a whole new level of scary.
Kira chapter 17 . 1/4/2015
I cried so hard knowing one of my two favorite doctors would die. Good work making be sob like when 9 regenerated or when rose got left in Doomsday.
SoranoHonoKHR chapter 20 . 12/9/2014
Beautiful job! I love the whole battle that the Doctor literally had with himself. Excellent work with portraying Ninth and Tenth. Especially love the last line. Personally I think the Doctor did merge together because, the Doctor's first rule? He always lies. Hehe.
lunae lecem chapter 20 . 10/7/2014
When I started this, I thought "9 and 10 battling each other? Sounds like fun." What I got was one of my favourite fictional character(s) fighting for Rose, who seems to have become a sort of prize (sorry, I've got a bias against Rose), and some level of intimacy which I really don't appreciate. Nevertheless, your writing is terribly good, I did enjoy the two Doctor's heated exchanges (though the same could not be said for the subject of their argument)

I must compliment this piece of work, although it isn't my cup of tea. Good work.
fieldsoffebruary chapter 20 . 6/16/2014
OH MY GOD that ending! This was such a great story! I absolutely love the Ninth Doctor in the series (I apparently have a thing for the broken morally gray kind of characters) and I like the Tenth Doctor well enough, and I just adored what you did with this story. Everything was just brilliant and amazing. I was sort of rooting for the Ninth and Tenth melding instead of just one of them winning out, but I actually think the Tenth emerging the victor would have been more plausible. The Doctor would have, ultimately, done what was right, and the Ninth has had his time and it has ended. Love how you gave this an open ending too! It was devilish and I love you for it. Honestly, I think it was just the Tenth teasing Rose, playing with her little ape mind. But, of course, as open endings go, this could go either way, really. xD Bloody fantastic.
ran0neechan chapter 20 . 4/4/2014
Fantastic? Oh, that is just evil...
fruitsmoothy chapter 20 . 2/26/2014
Just so beautifully written. I am most curious about what happened between the two doctors when they decided to pick who would 'win' :) I also loved the last line. Perfect and leaves the audience wondering...