Reviews for Snapshot
Antoine chapter 19 . 5/1
The opening of this chapter was quite exciting. I suppose I had never really thought about what Locke's perspective would have been during this first part of the game, had never really drawn that connection between Terra and Rachel which, now that you bring it up, seems obvious and powerful.

The battle gave quite a visceral impression, and it contrasted very starkly with Locke's tenderness with Terra immediately afterward, which was good.

Your interpretation of the "slave crown" is especially brutal, which I think is an appropriate physical manifestation of the soul-crushing brutality of stealing someone's will.

That final scene with Alma provided a genuine feeling of relaxation after such tension.

Thank you, again, for updating the story! I really enjoy it, and I am glad that I subscribed to it!
Antoine chapter 18 . 4/30
Thank you for returning to this story! This was a really bittersweet look at a poignant moment in the game.
Swordust chapter 19 . 4/29
You're back! And with another great one-shot for Locke and Terra. Those crazy killer Moogles. I love your take on the opening events of the game. Please keep it coming!
Antoine chapter 17 . 4/27/2015
This was another nice, little chapter! I enjoyed the somewhat more somber and serious tone of this one; it makes for a nice contrast against the super sweet and cute chapters, which I also love greatly!

I like Locke's skill at reassuring Terra, and I can understand her desire to learn more about her origins and about those of her parents.

It is a bit of a shame that I know how her attempt to contact the espers turns out. Thank you for another great snapshot!
Antoine chapter 16 . 4/27/2015
This chapter was so brief, there is not much for me to say, except that it was just absolutely sweet and adorable, just like most of these snapshots are! Thank you so much for brightening my day! :)
The Sacred and Profane chapter 16 . 4/21/2015
Yay! I knew waiting would pay off! Thank you so much for remembering this request and I look forward to any other drabbles you'll be doing for this pairing.
Antoine chapter 15 . 4/20/2015
I was very pleased to see a new chapter to this set of snapshots after over a year! I remember how sweet all of your previous shots had been, shatteredjewels, and this was no exception.

I really felt charmed by Relm's little sketches racing across the floor!

I love these little slice-of-life shots, with the magic of Final Fantasy VI blended seamlessly with the reality of home life!

Thank you! I look forward to the next chapter! :)
Antoine chapter 14 . 3/7/2014
I do not know what theatrhythm is, but I liked this. I see you have not updated in over a year, but I think it would be great to continue, sometime! This was a wonderful set of snapshots, and I thank you very much for all of it!
Antoine chapter 13 . 3/7/2014
This was nice and sweet, like the other chapters.

However, I do find myself a bit confused again. Lydia calls Locke by his first name, which suggests to me that he is not her father, and Locke has apparently not yet confessed his love to Terra until this story, so it seems to indicate that he might not even be Katarin's father. I might surmise that Katarin, Lydia, and all of their brothers and sisters are the orphans for whom Terra was caring in Mobliz, not her biological children, but there was that previous chapter (8. Create (Beautiful)) wherein Terra was giving birth to Katarin, so, if Terra is Katarin's mother, I wonder who could be her father?

Anyway, I really loved the family dynamic I observed between Locke, Lydia, Katarin, and Terra, and I also loved the little poker game between Locke and Setzer. This was quite an enjoyable chapter, and I look forward to more!

Thank you.
Antoine chapter 12 . 3/6/2014
This was very lovely and sweet. I must admit, I was a bit confused at the beginning, however. In chapter 8. Create (Beautiful), Locke is present as Terra gives birth to Katarin, implying that he is Katarin's father and that he and Terra are together at that time. As of the beginning of this story, it appears that they do not live together, that they are living separate lives, for the most part, but there is no mention of them ever having separated in the intervening years or why they might have done so. I inferred that there was some sort of separation after Katarin's birth, and now Locke is starting to "court" Terra again.

Anyway, it was very, very sweet, and I felt my own eyes "tickle" a little at the grand, beautiful gesture of Locke attempting to create this new memory for Terra, fashioning it after an older memory from her forgotten past.

Thank you!
Antoine chapter 11 . 3/5/2014
I agree with the review by "The Sacred and Profane". I think that could make for a wonderful idea! It appears to be a sort of alternate universe without the war against the espers. I would love to see more of that! :)
Antoine chapter 10 . 3/5/2014
I agree with Girl-chama's review for this chapter. While the style, progression, and format were a bit unusual, it successfully conveyed to me the subjective feeling of being under the influence of those agents manipulating Terra's mind. I like the way you dig into the details of the world that the original game would sometimes leave somewhat vague, such as how, exactly, it feels to be under the influence of the slave crown.

Thank you for another great chapter!
Antoine chapter 9 . 3/5/2014
I absolutely love this chapter!

It was lacking a clear dividing line separating the body from the closing author's note, but I really appreciate romantic stories that feature more than two people without glorifying jealousy and possessiveness. I feel that I understand situations like this, in a way, that, though I love my wife dearly, in a way, I will never stop loving my last girlfriend, and that in no way diminishes what my wife and I share, and vice versa.

Thank you for such a nice chapter!
Antoine chapter 8 . 3/5/2014
It is such a short chapter, it really does not leave much room for a long review, so I will simply say:

Awww :D
Antoine chapter 7 . 3/5/2014
This was quite intense!

I love the way this scene really comes to life in a way that simply was not fully realizable on the simple hardware of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

Thank you for bringing this important scene to life!
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »