Reviews for Snapshot
Antoine chapter 15 . 11h
I was very pleased to see a new chapter to this set of snapshots after over a year! I remember how sweet all of your previous shots had been, shatteredjewels, and this was no exception.

I really felt charmed by Relm's little sketches racing across the floor!

I love these little slice-of-life shots, with the magic of Final Fantasy VI blended seamlessly with the reality of home life!

Thank you! I look forward to the next chapter! :)
Antoine chapter 14 . 3/7/2014
I do not know what theatrhythm is, but I liked this. I see you have not updated in over a year, but I think it would be great to continue, sometime! This was a wonderful set of snapshots, and I thank you very much for all of it!
Antoine chapter 13 . 3/7/2014
This was nice and sweet, like the other chapters.

However, I do find myself a bit confused again. Lydia calls Locke by his first name, which suggests to me that he is not her father, and Locke has apparently not yet confessed his love to Terra until this story, so it seems to indicate that he might not even be Katarin's father. I might surmise that Katarin, Lydia, and all of their brothers and sisters are the orphans for whom Terra was caring in Mobliz, not her biological children, but there was that previous chapter (8. Create (Beautiful)) wherein Terra was giving birth to Katarin, so, if Terra is Katarin's mother, I wonder who could be her father?

Anyway, I really loved the family dynamic I observed between Locke, Lydia, Katarin, and Terra, and I also loved the little poker game between Locke and Setzer. This was quite an enjoyable chapter, and I look forward to more!

Thank you.
Antoine chapter 12 . 3/6/2014
This was very lovely and sweet. I must admit, I was a bit confused at the beginning, however. In chapter 8. Create (Beautiful), Locke is present as Terra gives birth to Katarin, implying that he is Katarin's father and that he and Terra are together at that time. As of the beginning of this story, it appears that they do not live together, that they are living separate lives, for the most part, but there is no mention of them ever having separated in the intervening years or why they might have done so. I inferred that there was some sort of separation after Katarin's birth, and now Locke is starting to "court" Terra again.

Anyway, it was very, very sweet, and I felt my own eyes "tickle" a little at the grand, beautiful gesture of Locke attempting to create this new memory for Terra, fashioning it after an older memory from her forgotten past.

Thank you!
Antoine chapter 11 . 3/5/2014
I agree with the review by "The Sacred and Profane". I think that could make for a wonderful idea! It appears to be a sort of alternate universe without the war against the espers. I would love to see more of that! :)
Antoine chapter 10 . 3/5/2014
I agree with Girl-chama's review for this chapter. While the style, progression, and format were a bit unusual, it successfully conveyed to me the subjective feeling of being under the influence of those agents manipulating Terra's mind. I like the way you dig into the details of the world that the original game would sometimes leave somewhat vague, such as how, exactly, it feels to be under the influence of the slave crown.

Thank you for another great chapter!
Antoine chapter 9 . 3/5/2014
I absolutely love this chapter!

It was lacking a clear dividing line separating the body from the closing author's note, but I really appreciate romantic stories that feature more than two people without glorifying jealousy and possessiveness. I feel that I understand situations like this, in a way, that, though I love my wife dearly, in a way, I will never stop loving my last girlfriend, and that in no way diminishes what my wife and I share, and vice versa.

Thank you for such a nice chapter!
Antoine chapter 8 . 3/5/2014
It is such a short chapter, it really does not leave much room for a long review, so I will simply say:

Awww :D
Antoine chapter 7 . 3/5/2014
This was quite intense!

I love the way this scene really comes to life in a way that simply was not fully realizable on the simple hardware of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

Thank you for bringing this important scene to life!
Antoine chapter 6 . 3/5/2014
This was good, too!

I love the concept of taking a rather quirky aspect of the game's system (similar to the tents in an earlier chapter) and making it more real through these descriptions.

This also touches on another weird little quirk of human emotion. Sometimes, laughter is an important way to relieve stress, and finding the ludicrous aspect of a stressful situation that one has safely survived can be the key to helping people to relax! I can see this happening, here.

Thank you for another nice snapshot! :)
Antoine chapter 5 . 3/5/2014
There really is no sugarcoating the tragic loss of a lover, even years after the prime of the relationship. Those emotions continue to live in the hearts of those who love, sometimes slumbering out of consciousness. However, in the hearts of those sensitive to them, they never really die.

I am glad, at least, to know that Locke is able to move on eventually.

Even so, this is a wonderful, deep chapter that, despite its brevity, gives us an accurate glimpse into that sorrow, that loss.

Thank you for another great snapshot!
Antoine chapter 4 . 3/5/2014
This was a clever, very word-efficient chapter!

I admit, at first, I had a bit of difficulty figuring out whom Locke wished to forget, who had haunting dark eyes, dark hair, and pale skin. I thought Rachel had blonde hair, but, thanks to the magic of the Internet, I looked it up and was reminded that Rachel has deep violet hair. The image in my mind was likely that of Daryl.

I do really enjoy the comparison of Locke's and Terra's motivations!

Thank you, shatteredjewels, for another nice chapter!
Antoine chapter 2 . 3/4/2014
I agree with the review by Lirillith. This was wonderful and oh, so sweet! I wondered for a while about them having twelve kids, considering that to be quite a high number of offspring, but then I considered the orphans of Mobliz to whom Terra had been a guardian, and it seemed less weird to me. ;)

Thank you for this wonderful, sweet snapshot!
Antoine chapter 1 . 3/4/2014
I read some of this story a long time ago, and I recently started going back over stories I reviewed positively but realized that I never finished reading, so I am back, reading from the beginning again, and I am reviewing!

I agree completely with Salty Mog's opinion of this story. I love the way the three characters mentioned come right to life, and it makes me feel warm and happy!
MoogleTerra chapter 14 . 2/17/2013
I haven't played theatrhythm yet, but this chapter was adorable! You write Locke and Terra so well, and it makes my heart burst! :D I look forward to future installments!
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »