Reviews for The Winning Hand
Tyranusfan chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
That's an interesting twist! If the show's writers had thought like this, they could have made a lot more of their opportunity in the second and third seasons!

(I didn't know you were into Supernatural, as well. That's where I cut my teeth here at .) :)
CF Vici chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
This is a bright little gem. Dark, but bright. Like a black diamond. I always wondered if Stark was going to pop up somewhere because her body was never found either. Personally, I'd rather they let Robert die than her. She needed more smacking down.
Laura Harkness chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
this is just astonishingly well written. there are so many little pieces that i want to pull out and say "I LOVE THIS!"

for example:

like watching a flower bloom in stop-motion

but i will resist the temptation to fill your review with your own language.

that being said, you write beautifully. unlike you i'm sure i've not seen this show since it was cancelled (i agree they mangled it after the first year - why would they do such a thing? i wonder).

but the pure writing just blows me away here. wow. beautiful!

and the last two lines: amazing.

laura
shudunedus chapter 1 . 11/14/2008
Very, very slick. Did I say slick? I meant sick... lol!

Nice bit of writing here; you managed to fit a lot of info into a relatively small piece. Definitely the mark of a good writer. I love the mean-ness of Stark. Most people use her as a convenient ''baddie'' without motivation, but this sounds like a woman scorned, (hell hath no fury etc.)

I would have liked to read the story that may/may not have become. Theres some interesting ideas there!
Robin4 chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
Oh, there's a new review button! How nifty.

Now, onto the fic. It's dark. And nasty. And brilliant. Absolutely brilliant, and I adore your Stark. Her insanity is so understated in the show (and I maintain that she was a horribly under-used character), but you hit it on the head right here. You also give her *motivation*, which is absolutely wonderful. She's much more three dimensional this way, and makes this short fic a lovely read.

Well done!
mayoroscommon chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
I liked this little vignette a lot. Hope to see more stries from you in the future.
crock chapter 1 . 11/10/2008