Reviews for The Black Prince
FMAgeek chapter 58 . 10/30/2015
I know you wrote all these stories like 7 years ago haha but I just found them and they are amazing! I really hope you one day decide to follow through on more stories! I can't get enough! absolutely amazing!
FMAsonlyAlice chapter 58 . 3/4/2013
I can't believe what an amazing writer you are. Unbelievable. Thank you for this experience.
Alice out!
Animemad10 chapter 58 . 5/27/2012
Great ending to the series!
Daninuyasha chapter 57 . 1/9/2012
Ahhh... another great story ... I love way you portray the FMA characters in all three stories... You make them grow naturally but they are still mantained as the characters we loved from the manga/anime...Bravo hope there more in the future : )
Affably Evil chapter 58 . 6/28/2011
Your fma stories are some of the best stuff ive ever read. The quality of the story and characters really drew me in making it hard to stop reading. Thank you for the entertaining read and keep up the good work.
Torn Apart Paper Dinosaur chapter 2 . 6/25/2011
Who was it really... and is this going to do with another war. Cause I LOVED the Drachman war one, fabulous!

fanfictionaddict chapter 5 . 6/9/2010
Youpidoo! Ed did the right thing! Fuck those little manipulative bastards!
spazticmangaperson chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
I think that most of the prologue is unnecessary. I know it's annoying when you leave the reader hanging and confused when you jump start the plot, but the whole history thing with Drachma just gets in the way of the basic story and the characters. Then with Xing. He did this. He thought that. I think it would sound better if you had gone right to the main deal, with the character developments and building on the crisis, the juicy part. If you needed to construct the setting, then you could've slipped it in some other couple sentences of the story. Or you could just make it nice and cryptic, and have the reader interpret the bad guy's plans. Bwah ha ha. :)
Uniasus chapter 58 . 4/15/2009
All done! *sniffles* I was going to miss this universe you created within FMA, but what's this about sequels? *eyes gleam* Hohohoho! I would especially enjoy reading about what happened in Xing.

Nice work here, really. I'm glad you didn't have Ed completely leave the military, I can see him going totally bonkers after a while if he didn't have something to keep him busy. Even if he is a teacher now. Are he and Al going to have a month trial period for potential students? There's a forest near Risenbool, right?
Kat chapter 58 . 4/1/2009
I must say, I have very much enjoyed reading all three of these stories. I look forward to updates with a passion, and I adore your writing style. I also LOVE how you portray Edward and how you write him and the other characters, with how they have changed in some ways, but remained the same as ever in other ways. Its a excellent series, and I sincerely hope you write both those stories you are considering, as I'd love both a sequel to this and one the Drachman War.
Anonymous chapter 58 . 3/31/2009
Two possible stories, eh? Why not write both? I love to read them!
Garrus chapter 58 . 3/31/2009
I've left a review for your other two stories so I might as well finish the trilogy.

I have to admit that my opinion of this story is tainted by your far superior "Drachman War." So I apologize in advance for constantly comparing it to your previous story.

There was something far more charming and gritty about it that this story seemed to lack. I think in someways the exploration of the more esoteric features of alchemy were tiresome to read and overly complicated as a plot point, whereas in the Drachman War there was the overarching war that held everything. The motives of the war were simplistic in practice and in that simplicity the Drachman War thrived with various interesting sub-plots that were tied together well by the war.

In The Black Prince I found the plot slightly uninspired. The plot was far more conventional in the sense that there were clear heroes and clear villains. Unfortunately the Villains were lacking in terms of shock value and being plain sinister. I was bored by them to be honest. It felt like it was too easy. I didn't ever get the feeling that the bad guys could actually win.

Also I felt that the ending was a little to happy. I'm not saying the story has to be a tragedy but it felt like everything ended a little to perfectly. I know that they lost the Amestrian form of alchemy but it wasn't so huge a blow seeing as it took Ed only a couple chapters to get over. I'll be honest the ending would have been better if someone had died. I don't even care who. Maybe Havoc, or Mustang, or even Richard. It would have in my opinion enhanced the story.

I enjoyed the story regardless and will be glad to read any future stories you put out. This is really the only Fullmetal Alchemist series I've enjoyed. I really enjoyed reading this portrayal of Ed. Thank you for writing this and I wish you well.
Orange Singer chapter 58 . 3/31/2009
Awesome job with this story! God, Edward...he always DID have horrible tastes.
pknumba1 chapter 58 . 3/31/2009
Great ending to a great story! I loved it. I'm a little sad to see it end so soon, but I'm definitely looking forward to your next stories! :)
LadyWordsmith chapter 58 . 3/31/2009
I like Ed's explanation of what the watch should mean to Richard. :) And his architecture lol. I love grotesques and gargoyles! (They're not all visually unappealing. *smirk*) A very nice place to end it. :)