Reviews for Aubade
Lavender Angel-96 chapter 1 . 5/25
I liked your story a lot. I've only recently about 2-3 years ago started reading Hinata x other certain Naruto characters and I love it. I wish there was a sequel to it. I want to know what Gaara wrote her and how Hinata would respond to it. Thank you for a great Gaara x Hinata fic I can add to my favorites list.
SilverMountainHare chapter 1 . 5/8
i don't know if you're still reading reviews for this fic. Okay i just wanna say that i'm completely in love with Aubade. The way you wrote Gaara and Hinata is just so honest and beautiful. Characterization spot-on and both characters developed beautifully. This is the most honest Gaahina fic i've ever read, so it's definitely my favorite gaahina oneshot ever. I wish there was a sequel, i want to know hinata's reaction to to gaara's "book" xD
chichee chapter 1 . 5/4
I know you're probably dead and gone from the fanfic and Naruto world forever, I can only hope that you see this review someday and the sentiments carry.

This is, hands down, my absolutely favourite fanfiction on Gaara and Hinata. No ties. Nothing even comes close. And somehow, the fact that this pairing isn't even one you enjoy all that much is not only ironic but a little painful- the Naruto community has surely lost one of it's best writers.

Your writing from Gaara's perspective- whom I think is one of the most difficult characters is naruto to write- was done goddamn perfectly. I doubt any writer before you had ever taken into account just the degree of disconnection Gaara has with the rest of humanity and his absolute struggle with it. Most people tend to brush it off as something he got over after the Shukaku was removed- which I don't believe is true. The fear of human connection for Gaara come through- that he was both a child in some aspects and a monster in others, but he wouldn't let either be an excuse.

I also adored the tidbits with Hinata and her own fears- being the girl that pined for something she couldn't have- which offered a refreshing switch from Gaara's perspective (I always do like to see both parties sides in a romance)

Their relationship was also by far, not conventional- but REALISTIC (blind leading blind into the dark of his bedroom) and the clinical comments Gaara makes about her appearance (she had skin like a corpse...what did beauty have to do with it?) is honest and brutal, again lending itself to your characterisation. The idea of them fumbling together with intimacy and how neither had some sort of (blatantly obvious) magnetic attraction like a typical romance fic is unconventional and so real it hurts, especially the bit when Gaara was about to walk away from her after she didn't answer his question properly.

Lastly, your writing- jesus. It's the perfect blend of humour and almost a kind of holiness- the intensity of the emotions and tension between them. Your writing style is succinct yet so goddamn accurate (did the soul callous over?) and I don't know how to put it in words but I hope you can still understand. There's a certain quality to it that allows the reader to almost feel exactly what the characters are feeling (he felt something strange in his chest tearing at him, something like the desire to block out the window).

I'm doing my best not to be gushy (but there's no other way to be truthful) I actually hope I can one day write as well as you, and it sounds cheesy- considering that you left the fandom before I had ever even contemplated fanfiction- but you're actually my inspiration for this pairing- to one day write a fic that can equal this masterpiece, which sounds incredibly over-confident now, but I hope one day I can get there.

Well wishes to whatever you are doing, wherever you may be.
elderberrys chapter 1 . 9/7/2017
This is—my favorite Gaara & Hinata fic to be quite honest. It's how well you captured their personalities and wrote them so resolute and cautious, just how they're depicted.
It's refreshing, honestly. The irony that you don't really particularly like them together—but still wrote them anyway is such an inspiration because you wrote them so well. Like it was natural, tbh.
All your fics are just beautiful, and they're old and you'll probably never see this review, but just know I absolutely enjoyed this. Thank you for sharing!
jessica-semnadaprafaze123 chapter 1 . 5/28/2016
Loveeee it!
LayzeeGodzilla chapter 1 . 9/8/2015
Wow. Just as it got good...it ended. Lovely one-shot...I hope there's a sequel :)
Guest chapter 1 . 1/17/2015
Wow. Sad too see it end but very glad you wrote it.
Tamani chapter 1 . 1/10/2015
hina got the book!
eljosa chapter 1 . 12/9/2014
This is so beautiful that the pair can be mistaken as canon. And o love the last line from Hanabi. Good job. Looking forward for your other fic.
Chibi-Kyuubi-Chan chapter 1 . 11/14/2014
Ahaa i loved that last line from Hanabi: "It looks like it came from Suna, and it's practically a book". But wow, well done. That was an amazing read, and you really developed both Hinata and Gaara's characters very well.
Looking forward to reading your other works, and keep up the great writing! :)
FlowerPrincessoftheUniverse chapter 1 . 7/12/2014
Very emotional, very touching...
Guest chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
You did a brilliant job of taking two characters, who should never be together, and making them seem canon.
Mikitsu Silverquick chapter 1 . 4/25/2014
This is so positively awesome! Hinata and Gaara are just adorable awkward dorks and beautiful and just twists my heart in knots of emotion. The ending is also perfect! It makes me want to hop around and screech happy little noises. It's so damn complete but I want more at the same time! All in all excellent work!
kandita chapter 1 . 3/27/2014
This should have a sequel to it
fhclause chapter 1 . 3/1/2014
This is an awesome story. I love it!