Reviews for Sweating Bullets
Bou-Minisuka-Kaiba chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
magnificent, I really love this fic, I'm really happy to see the Seto that I see written here, his guilt and pain that this brings him, the child unprotected and unloving he is, I really like the interaction you make between him and Sugoroku, well what more i can write, this is just an excellent one shot

congratulations!
ilovemanicures chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
Wow, his nightmare seemed so real at the begining! I thought they all accompanied Gramps on a check up visit or something. I felt so stupid when light was shed and it turned into the nightmare lol

But I'm glad you wrote this. I think it was great of to come down to the Kaiba mansion in the middle of the night just to make sure Seto was alright.

The way Kaiba seems to become more and more openly childish with each installment is extremely amusing ;D

I'm sure you've realized by now that I am completely obbsessed with your series lol xD
mofalle chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
I enjoyed this fic. I enjoy the insight and thought you put into the characters. I've always enjoyed the interaction between Seto and Jichan in any story. I like the conflict between Jichan wanting to comfort/parent Seto, and Seto craving/resisting the role of a child. I also like this fic because it lead me to your wonderful YGO-verse. Thank you for writing.
KedakaiOkami chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
I'll bet that would have brought a bit of a surprise to Mokuba and Noa for Sugoroku to just be there the next morning
YamatosLair chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
This was a great story to read and I really like the way Seto tries to deal with his complicated feelings. It's so like him to have trouble acepting a grandfather. He fears that it would make him look weak and vulnarable.

But I'm glad he was finally able to things through with Sugoroku.
Nenya85 chapter 1 . 11/14/2008
The opening is a really good fake-out. It starts out so matter-of-fact and just tumbles into this nightmare, that really feels surreal the way nightmares do with its abrupt changes. I liked it that Kaiba couldn’t recognize his father or mother, that really said a lot about how alone he’s been and for how long.

I really loved how when Kaiba hears Yami’s voice, he laughs to himself at the thought he’s finally gone officially insane. And I love how childish he sounds while insisting he’s not a child. (And his “I don’t WANT to feel better” line was priceless.)

The scene with Sugoroku and Kaiba was great, and I loved the little exchange between Sugoroku and Yami to end it. I really liked seeing Death-T from Kaiba’s perspective. You can feel his desperation, and it’s easy to see how he could have totally misconstrued everything that was going on. It makes sense with everything that happens later. I also liked the sense in the story that although this was about him and Sugoroku, it was also about all the changes that he’s been feeling, and you can see how opening himself is just still so terrifying. The other thing I liked, although it’s hard to describe is just how cohesive the story is, how it seems to fit together, and how it compliments “Cost” without duplicating it and while still feeling like a complete unit.
dragonlady222 chapter 1 . 11/12/2008
I loved it. Seto is finally accepting that some people other than Mokuba and Yami care for him.
Salkiethia chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
Dunno what to say Miko... Will "Brilliant job!" satisfy you until I'm more coherent?

And why is there a max character limit on the review button now? O.o That makes me sad...no seven thousand page reviews anymore. :(

See you in chat.
barrie18 chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
What a great beginning. . .it starts off so 'normal' and fooled me straight away into thinking that something had happened to Sugoroku. And then the twist, and the true nightmare begins. . .and all the guilt and inssecurities hit the fan. . . you really covered it all.

Yami's ability to enter Seto's dreams is an interesting development. I would guess a combination of the 'link' and his now being aware that Seto suffers from nightmares.

Sugoroku really is the grandfather we all would love to have.

Understanding, reasonable, loving, forgiving and still happy to 'deck' Gozaburo if given the chance.

As to Sugoroku now calling him "Seto" while still calling Jou by his last name, the simpliest explaination is the one that Sugoroku himself stated a couple of lines earlier. . ."What kind of grandfather would I be if I kept calling you by your surname?"

Jou is the friend of his grandchild, Seto is the boyfriend/partner/lover of his 'adopted grandchild'. Two very distinctly different relationships. . . .

I would guess that the moral of this story would be no matter how old you are, to someone you are a child. And there are times a child needs a hug and comfort.

Looking forward to reading the snippet that was left out of this. .

bahen
Deltalight chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
I don't know how I was never curious about Kaiba and a parental family interaction with someone who cared for him. It as always takes a great deal of confusion whenever that concept of someone liking him without a reason comes up, but none the less a great concept to explore and I loved your description of it : )

Thanks for such a beautiful story.