Reviews for The Only Volunteer
Queen-of-Ice101 chapter 71 . 8/15/2016
This story was absolutely amazing. I've always wondered how things would have been different if Joren really had been the only volunteer or if he had been the one chosen. The development of their relationship was realistic while stil gripping and the tension between them had me reading as fast as I could to see what happened next.

I'll be sharing this fanfic with my friends who also are fans of Tamora Pierce and her work for sure as well as adding this to my favourites:)

Again, amazing story and I'll be checking out your other work so see if you write for any other series I'm a fan of. _
Jo chapter 71 . 4/4/2016
Re-read the story, still awesome as ever. Love it! ️
RumorGoddess chapter 71 . 11/1/2015
I truly loved this story! I especially liked the view we got of the gods' interferences and guiding hands.
koare chapter 71 . 7/18/2015
I haven't finished this yet, i'm only on chapter 7 or so, I just wanted to say I LOVE THIS. And by the way, it equal a little over 2, 400 page books. Amazing, right?
LovingFanFiction chapter 71 . 2/4/2015
wow i absolutely adored this story! i love how it follows along with the real story and how you ended it with Kel and her large family and how she was able to have a family and career. Im going to read your other stories now! good job and keep writing- you have a gift!
LovingFanFiction chapter 11 . 2/3/2015
haha i love the part about the pact and wyldons take on the boy pages being interested in kel etc. I never thought of it that way before and i ike how you portrayed it as still accurate but with a new point of view
Dom-Loves-Kel chapter 1 . 11/22/2014
I've heard so many good things about this, and have finally found the time to start reading it! :)
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 12 . 11/2/2014
Honestly, I kind of hope he still dies in the end. Like, this is a rewrite of the series, but he'll end the same way anyway. Or at least, if it follows the whole series, maybe he'll fall in sancra. But so far, he's just kind of sad- I've seen cases like him in real life, and... I don't know. it's sad. and infuriating. :/
But perhaps you'll turn his character around... it'd be OOC of him a bit, but it'd be nice to have some sort of decency to him if he's going to be around for a while. yknow?
I like it so far tho. I hope I will like the ending too-!
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 11 . 11/2/2014
(Ah, I was joking about the all teens being morons thing, SOME are decent.)
...but only some. most have it on the brain. xD Ha!
Heehee, their pact is... *laugh* so nice of them, so nice *snicker* No, no, really, I shouldn't laugh. they're all trying hard. sister... xD heh.
Aah, they're all just under-exposed... they'll grow out of it. xD (unless they're OVER exposed, like Joren probably will be D:)
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 10 . 11/2/2014
*snort* hormones. :P
Ahh, teens really get hit hard, huh... xD morons. the lot of them.
Frankly, Joren is getting just creepy! It's good that he's still acting pre-pubescent a little and not full-on raging hormones, but geez, his father- if Joren was in modern day society, he'd probably end up a player himself, or at least in deep shit... xO kinda sad. :/
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 9 . 11/2/2014
Aww, Piers, kel's father, is a nice guy. :D
And daaamn, buchard is a dick. seriously! Wtf!? bastard. :P
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 7 . 11/2/2014
*sigh*... they're all so oblivious with their tact and compliments. xD they keep making it worse... xD
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 6 . 11/2/2014
I thought Wyldon was too stubborn for his own good, at first- but I warmed up to him later on. I think he's a decent guy, he was just stuck too much on past "proper"ness and all that. :P But I like the spin you've put on him- still doesn't like "the girl," but has the awareness to acknowledge her skill at what she's done so far. :P
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 5 . 11/2/2014
Oooh, I hope she still gives it to 'im! He's a right bastard! xD
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 3 . 11/2/2014
Haha, I'm glad she's still going to be friends with neal. He's fun, and I like how, so far, you're still portraying the other parts of her new life, and not just focusing on Joren stuff. :P Yay neal! :P
1,440 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »