Reviews for The Only Volunteer
koare chapter 71 . 7/18
I haven't finished this yet, i'm only on chapter 7 or so, I just wanted to say I LOVE THIS. And by the way, it equal a little over 2, 400 page books. Amazing, right?
LovingFanFiction chapter 71 . 2/4
wow i absolutely adored this story! i love how it follows along with the real story and how you ended it with Kel and her large family and how she was able to have a family and career. Im going to read your other stories now! good job and keep writing- you have a gift!
LovingFanFiction chapter 11 . 2/3
haha i love the part about the pact and wyldons take on the boy pages being interested in kel etc. I never thought of it that way before and i ike how you portrayed it as still accurate but with a new point of view
Dom-Loves-Kel chapter 1 . 11/22/2014
I've heard so many good things about this, and have finally found the time to start reading it! :)
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 12 . 11/2/2014
Honestly, I kind of hope he still dies in the end. Like, this is a rewrite of the series, but he'll end the same way anyway. Or at least, if it follows the whole series, maybe he'll fall in sancra. But so far, he's just kind of sad- I've seen cases like him in real life, and... I don't know. it's sad. and infuriating. :/
But perhaps you'll turn his character around... it'd be OOC of him a bit, but it'd be nice to have some sort of decency to him if he's going to be around for a while. yknow?
I like it so far tho. I hope I will like the ending too-!
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 11 . 11/2/2014
(Ah, I was joking about the all teens being morons thing, SOME are decent.)
...but only some. most have it on the brain. xD Ha!
Heehee, their pact is... *laugh* so nice of them, so nice *snicker* No, no, really, I shouldn't laugh. they're all trying hard. sister... xD heh.
Aah, they're all just under-exposed... they'll grow out of it. xD (unless they're OVER exposed, like Joren probably will be D:)
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 10 . 11/2/2014
*snort* hormones. :P
Ahh, teens really get hit hard, huh... xD morons. the lot of them.
Frankly, Joren is getting just creepy! It's good that he's still acting pre-pubescent a little and not full-on raging hormones, but geez, his father- if Joren was in modern day society, he'd probably end up a player himself, or at least in deep shit... xO kinda sad. :/
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 9 . 11/2/2014
Aww, Piers, kel's father, is a nice guy. :D
And daaamn, buchard is a dick. seriously! Wtf!? bastard. :P
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 7 . 11/2/2014
*sigh*... they're all so oblivious with their tact and compliments. xD they keep making it worse... xD
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 6 . 11/2/2014
I thought Wyldon was too stubborn for his own good, at first- but I warmed up to him later on. I think he's a decent guy, he was just stuck too much on past "proper"ness and all that. :P But I like the spin you've put on him- still doesn't like "the girl," but has the awareness to acknowledge her skill at what she's done so far. :P
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 5 . 11/2/2014
Oooh, I hope she still gives it to 'im! He's a right bastard! xD
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 3 . 11/2/2014
Haha, I'm glad she's still going to be friends with neal. He's fun, and I like how, so far, you're still portraying the other parts of her new life, and not just focusing on Joren stuff. :P Yay neal! :P
Geebee10 chapter 9 . 9/9/2014
This is actually my second time reading your story, first time was like in 2011. Anyways, I like this chapter because I find Wyldon, although strict etc with some archaic views had his heart in the right place, and it's nice to read more about why lol.
feathers chapter 16 . 2/8/2014
I really admire and appreciate your writing. It's skilled. If any fic could convince me of a JorenxKeladry, it would probably be this one. I'm not sticking around for it-it's just such a huge squick for me-but it probably would be.
The403yearold chapter 17 . 1/20/2014
omg, I read Fallen too, it was sooo good. I'm really enjoying this too :) I love long completed stories with a good concept. I read incomplete ones which are great, but it's so frustrating because you want to know what happens.
1,437 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »