Reviews for Kim's in the Kitchen
:) awww very cute
Lumiere Nordiques chapter 1 . 12/20/2011
Aw... :)
sue chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
where was the lima found?
Midgarosormr chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Heh, this was funny. XD I can see this coming straight out of an official KP episode. :)
RabulaTasa chapter 1 . 12/2/2008
Ha! I suppose that's one way to repaint the kitchen. Of course, lima bean green isn't exactly topping the list of "desirable kitchen colors" this year, so doing it the manual way would probably be best... albeit, far less entertaining.

This reminds me of my family's favorite Thanksgiving story, whereupon my father proudly proclaimed that "any idiot can put a turkey in an oven" when my mom said she didn't want to deal with the business of the bird that year. To his credit, he put the turkey in the oven... and to his shame, he forgot to turn it on. Upon the discovery of his error halfway through the allotted cooking time his engineering instincts kicked in, and he doubled the temperature in order to halve the time needed to cook. Makes perfect sense, right?

Of course, now that nobody thinks to ask him to help out in the kitchen anymore, he's free to sit around and read while my sister and I do all the work. Hm...

Katsumara chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
Super late review, but better late than never! Great stuff. Cute story!
Mr. Wizard chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
Cute story. We were lucky with the pressure cooker over the years but they can be literally dangerous for the unwary, or Kimmish. Nice holiday outing.
whitem chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
Actually... all in all... I think everyone was pretty lucky, and the house is still standing.

I've got some pretty good ideas myself where some of those Lima beans ended up. But I'll just keep it to myself.

On the bright side though... Kim did make some spankin' potatoes!

Nice one-shot captain. This flowed incredibly well..
noncynic chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
Very nice. Good Holiday tale. Pressure cooker thing on a gas stove not quite as amusing, believe me. But I did find wax paper in the mashed potatoes the first year my older sister helped with the cooking, but it was a crowded kitchen. Too many cooks, etc...and Kim's one too many in any kitchen, it seems.
Isamu chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
I thought it was hilarious that Kim put the butter in without taking the wrapper off. The pressure cooker thing was also a stich.
Thomas Linquist chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
So Kim seems to have a bit of a learning curve to follow in the kitchen. Then again, don't we all?

Lima beans in a pressure cooker? (note to self, something new to try)

Cute tale.
Invader Johnny chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
Heh, looks like Kim will NOT be able to even SEE a green beab for as long as maybe after she finishes High School or College.

Whenever she can actually COOK and "forget" she couldn't actually DO even the simplest of cooking.

Invader Johnny Sining Off.
charizardag chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
Awesome job. you know, it was too bad that there was no Thanksgiving special for KP, but this is a great substitute. Nice work Cappy
Sentinel103 chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
Thanks Cap, I have seen what pressure cookers can do to. My mom finally had me take the guage assembly off after one of my sister in laws made a similar mistake. I think we had stuff every where too. So yeah, they are dangerous. Nice to see Kimbo getting into the kitchen though. She done god to. My son did his first mashed from scratch last weekend, just a couple little lumps. His wife was feeding the grand daughter, my wife was taking pictures. I was grilling rib eyes. Good dinner.

Thanks again,

Larry (Sentinel 103)
Joe Stoppinghem chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
Great Holiday story, are you planning to add it to Zaratan's Holiday Story Contest? It would be a strong contender.

I'm always teasing my wife on getting a pressure cooker but she won't allow one in the house. Pretty spendy too.

Getting back to your work. It is stories like these that for me, keep the KP universe alive. The TV show might be gone, but the story can continue here.

Thanks for your time and effort.