Reviews for Pumpkin Patch
TBMom chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
Nicely done.
juho69 chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
Oh, how SWEET! Especially the pumpkins' names!
chocolatelover1 chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
lol Wow... there so cute!

Loved it!
Phx chapter 2 . 7/6/2009
Aw. That was very sweet. I love weeTracy's and, yippee, a weeTracy story with Alan in it - double score. Yeah, I'm an Alan-girl.

Alaina recommended this story to me and I'm glad she did. I do think you're extremely talented and your stories well thought out, but well, like I said 'Alan-girl' so I usuall skim for content (well... Al) and then go back and re-read :P

I was just telling Alaina that my favorite visual from this story is not actually even Alan - shocked! - but of Gordon popping up and down in the patch as he keeps changing up his pumpkins. I have three kids and I can so see this and so feel for Jeff. But he has a wonderful batch of kiddies.

And Scott is just so sweet with his little brothers -

Very, very nice little read.
shallowz chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
Okay, these little Tracys you created are completely huggable! Enjoyed this one just as much as the Christmas fic. Loved the detailed interaction between the brothers.:)

Lowz
cathrl chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
LOL at "pumpkin trauma". I think you are channeling my son, only with him it's Christmas trees.

Very plausible family interactions - and I'd love to see a picture of the end products. Fish pumpkin, with no carving...hmm...
spinningleaves chapter 2 . 11/18/2008
Aww this was so completely and totally adorable! And I just loved the second chapter! Thanks for a great seasonal piece!
eriphi chapter 2 . 11/18/2008
Well done! I love this, and was so excited to see a second chapter - which reads like JK Rowling's mythical beasts.

The family is so well written here, each character nicely crafted and a joy to read. You have captured so many little snippets of their relationships - Scott's patience with them all, John's not so patient big-brotherness, Jeff's love and devotion, and the two little ones just being adorable.

Thank you so much for this slice of life story. Keep up the good work.
Purupuss chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
Now, that is the REAL Tracy family. A close knit, loving group with a father who obviously cares for them all.

A great read as usual, Boomercat, and I loved the explanation about the Pumpkin Elves.
Professor Ali chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
Hi Boomercat,

I’m a recent convert to the fanfics on this site, and have been trying to find the time to review as many of my favourites as I can, and yours are high on my list of favourites – but I thought I would start with this one as it is just up!

I see that Quiller has said that no-one writes the boys as boys like you do, and I think I have to agree with that. The picture painted by all your childhood stories is so believable, it is like being a fly on the wall. This one is typical of your style, the bonds between them are palpable, without being overdone. I always thought that they must have had a remarkably strong family upbringing as children, to have produced such incredible young adults, and somehow you have tapped into that. Thanks very much for giving me (and others) so much pleasure!

Ali
Letting The Rain In chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
That was absolutely adorable. Wonderfully written, entertaining and sweet. Thanks for posting!
minstrelsy chapter 2 . 11/13/2008
A wonderful read - as always, we're dealing in superlatives here. I particularly loved the descriptions of each chosen pumpkin. Pumpkin elves, who knew? Perhaps related to pumpkin pixies? Thank you so much!
ejb chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
I loved this and put it in the same catergory as your other stories, 'The Fair' and 'Cats in the Cradle.' You capture Jeff and his young family so well.

Thanks for a wonderful read.
MitzyTN chapter 2 . 11/11/2008
Ah, I just love your Tracy boys stories. And the pumpkin trauma made me laugh. I remember giving it to a 23-year-old flatmate (half-Muslim, too!) a few years back. Coming to think of it, none of the flatmates would eat any of my pumpkin soup...
Math Girl chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
This was a sweet and wonderful story, Boomercat. You can certainly see the patient and caring man that Scott will evolve into from watching him as a young boy!

We went to the Methodist church lot for our pumpkin, and even though my kids are now 15 and 13, they still hunted like hounds for just the perfect proto-jack o' lantern.

No pumpkin elves, unfortunately, but maybe they're all Baptist. :)

Christine