Reviews for Traveling Soldier
The Arch-Admiral chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
I remember the first time I heard this.

I heard it on the radio, dismissed it, went upstairs, played it on youtube, and promptly burst out in tears.
Mantinas chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
This is an intense, beautiful story. You have a grasp of a reality that not many can understand; not many can do that, so I am glad I stumbled upon this.

M.
Saiyura chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
Wow, that is really sad. I love it, the meaning behind it also is sad, but wonderful. You picked a great song for this story.

Sai kun
RejectedShyRebel18 chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
awesome
Benamyte chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
It's so nice please can you right another one Aoiki! Such good stories...Bevin thank you Aoiki!
KurtFabulous chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
I don't think I've heard this song before, but I'll look it up on youtube.

This story was brilliant and very original, I don't think I've read a story like this before. I hope Kevin came home to Ben alright, but I'll pretend that he did and that they lived happily ever after together.

So was the girl that left crying, the girl in the song, or was she just a random girl that lost the one she loved?

Like I said this story is brilliant and I'll *favourite* so myself and others can read it (again).

Oh and I wouldn't say no to a sequal!
KittyOfDeadlyPoking chapter 1 . 3/18/2009
I was close to tears with this one! It's good and I loved it! I also love 'Traveling Soilder', though I haven't heard the song in a while.
asm613 chapter 1 . 11/14/2008
I absolutley loved this part: ((“Dear Benji,

Sorry but I can’t really write much I’m kinda in a hurry. It is getting insanely rough over here. I mean all I can hear is gunshot; the air and land are always clouded with debris. It’s awful. You know what gets me through all these hard times? I just close me eyes and think of the time we spent sitting on the pier I was so nervous I almost barfed…but you smiled and made everything better. As gay as this sounds its true...I love ya’ Benji. Thanks you don’t know how much you’ve helped me. Don’t worry but I can’t write for a while.

Yours truly, Kevin E. Levin.”))

I hope Kevin came home safe and sound. And I hope he was as gay as his letter sounded; so that he and Benji could live happily ever after. Would love to read about their reunion and their living happily ever after-and then maybe they send their son to the Iraq war_and he leaves much like his father left using the characters of Ken and Devlin playing the modern day roles of Ben and Kevin. Sending emails instead of letters-just a little plot bunny for you.

It was cool the way you contrasted the 2 boys story with the boy and girl story-and the way you brought them 2gether in the end with Ben comforting the girl of the boy who wouldn't be coming home. The story was short and really fluffy and a little angsty-but it was really good. You had a few spelling errors-but they didn't take away from the enjoyment of the story. I'm adding this to my 'faves' list_because it was so original and it touched me. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Midesko chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
I remember this song, it was always so sad even as a kid I would get a bit depressed by it. This is really sweet though.