Reviews for To Belong
cool chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
great story!
citrinestone1000 chapter 1 . 12/16/2008
This was a great story on why Regulus joined the DE, and why. I rec. it at The New Library at LJ. Thanks for writing and sharing your story.
Disco Inferno1 chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
Very interesting concept here and I appreciate the insight. I never thought much good about Regulus beyond your writing and that he redeemed himself in the book. But this is very good insight into his character and why he would join the Deatheaters. I can’t imagine how terrible it would feel to be considered a “poor imitation of my older brother.” I love this description of Bellatrix: “Bellatrix had so little shame and self-consciousness that she didn't really have secrets from anyone.” Even though that’s not the case, she can easily present that. I love how Regulus forms his words very carefully to appeal to Bellatrix and her arrogance to get what he wants from her. Very nice introspection: “I gulped and took in a deep breath. Could I really kill someone just to gain the love of my parents? No. But could I live without the affection I so desperately needed? Again, the answer was no, and I knew in the pit of my stomach, I would do anything to gain my mother and father's love. I just hoped, even by joining the Death Eaters, it never came to that.” I like how human you made Regulus in his love for Adaline and wanting to protect because, no doubt, to get to Regulus, Voldemort would have no qualms about using and harming her. Nice line: “It broke my heart to know I'd never get to see her again, to smell the sweet fragrance of her hair, to touch the silken softness of her skin, to hear her amused laughter or to see her eyes brighten with joy.” The ending, while sad, was well done and well written with his last thoughts of Adaline. The imagery was very evocative. Very, very nice. You should check out “Long Distance” by "Lilya" on this website. I think you’ll like it very much.