Reviews for Conversations Past Midnight
It was nice
Guest chapter 1 . 9/20/2017
I cry
Guest chapter 1 . 4/20/2016
I always appreciate Suzaku and CC interactions as they are an indispensable part of the Zero Requiem. I think it's sad that they only met during grave situations. They might be the only ones who understand Lelouch the most and may help him on his road to redemption. Thank you very much for writing this
bjaxstriker chapter 1 . 5/22/2015
Definitely give yourself more credit this story was so damn sad, sure there were some tense switches but if not for that small thing I would never have seen how this could be rushed. Exchanges and characters were well written. Keeping an eye out for more of your CG work.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/1/2014
This is really beautiful.
TTY7 chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
This was made in a rush? I never would have guessed, everything feels well-placed and the emotion packed into it is heartbreaking. I felt so bad for Suzaku and for C.C. as well, at this point I just feel bad for everyone because we know what's coming and that's heartbreaking in itself. Good work. I enjoyed it.
Sedulously Sadistic chapter 1 . 4/19/2013
I think you actually wrote them all extremely well. I think you did Suzaku well too. Here's the only thing. It seemed to me that Suzaku was very stoic and strong willed before the Zero Requiem. However, in the last bit before we only see snippets of their personal lives and even than really only of Lelouch and C.C. if anything. We don't really entirely know how Suzaku was feeling. He did confront Lelouch rather roughly the one time he seemed to be upset and frustrated but as he stabbed Lelouch he was crying. Also as we see the flashback we see when he accepts the mask from Lelouch. His expression seems soft and I would say maybe even emotional. I think you wrote this very well. I almost cried several times because you wrote it well and I am so attached to these characters an just...the Zero Requiem. I really liked how you have captured Lelouch and C.C.'s relationship, Lelouch and Suzaku's and also how you decided to write C.C. and Suzaku's as well. Even though we really don't see them interact, I presume that it would be quite a lot like you wrote it. Yet another long review...good job and I look forward to any Code Geass stuff you decide to post in the future(which I really hope you do...nudge, nudge, wink, wink)...specifically Lelouch/C.C.. Keep up the good work.
sakaeru chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
I'm going to cry oh my foodness this is the most touching fic I've read about the planning of his death so far. You've captured their emotions quite well and I just... wow. Hope you consider writing another fic like this again!
Ghibli Ninja chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
Serious OOC-ness on Suzaku's part. I mean, you got the basis of the way he thinks down, such as not wanting to kill his best friend; but Suzaku also would not hesitate to kill Lelouch because he saw his death as an "atonement" for Zero's sins and also a way to save the world. Both of these things are beliefs that are held very strongly by Suzaku, even if the person he has to kill was his best friend.
Anyway... I still enjoyed this piece. I think you captured the personality of C.C. to perfection. Like how she is the only person that could have stood by Lelouch's side, and how she was willing to sacrifice her own happiness in order to fulfill the wishes of Lelouch.

I had just been arguing with my sis (who is also a fan of CG) about who Lelouch fit the best with. She argued that Lelouch loved her the most, but she died, so C.C. was the obvious next choice.
I agree that he did love Shirley, but only as a true friend and that was because they had known each other the longest.

However, the question was who fit with Lelouch the best, and the only real answer is C.C. I mean, sure Lelouch liked Shirley and even Kallen, but even if Shirley had lived, she probably wouldn't have ended up with him anyway. After all, Lelouch was out to change and save the world, and to do it, he had to commit the worst crimes. In my opinion, Shirley was too sweet and naive for someone like that and would not have had the strength to stay by his side. Kallen too would probably have left Lelouch, 'cause even though the ends were right, the way he achieved those ends was too cruel for an upright and just character like Kallen.

Anyway... enough ranting (sorry). What I meant to say was that I think you perfectly showed how C.C. stood by Lelouch no matter what, and that was exactly what he needed. He didn't need some nice sweet girl to turn him from his evil deeds, because then, who would have changed the world?! God forbid it would be Schneizel! He needed someone who was willing to commit crimes and follow him to the depths of Hell.

Sorry, that sounded too dramatic. But it's true! (sigh) Just wish I could convince my sister of that. Lelouch x Shirley would've probably been a good pairing for a normal high school love, but CG is not shoujo, and Lelouch isn't a normal, arrogant teenager.

C.C. x Lelouch forever!
Keiian chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
I really loved how you described Lelouch and C.C.'s relationship. I felt bad for Suzaku and C.C. -and yes, it's hard to write about the two of them in a conversation.
DirectionerPIanist16 chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
How come? And it still fits my criteria for a perfect one-shot. It might not mean much, but I hope it does.
Layla chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
hey can you make SuzakuxCC fanfic
Mimiv chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
THAT. WAS. THE. MOST. WONDERFUL. PIECE. I. HAVE. EVER. SEEN.

end comment
mentalmystics chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
I love it so much! Ah, how i want to believe Lelouch is still out there somewhere. D:

Awesome fic.
Annally Tate chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
Currently I'm working on my first fanfic as I type. Writing Suzaku is very tough, but I do it by writing everything in his voice. I catch myself thinking like he is right in front of me. I don't know if this is helping you, but I hope so. Happy New Year and keep an eye out for my first Fanfic.

P.S. Your story was awesome and it's going in my favorites. Thanks!