Reviews for Not My Kink
Kagetora no Tsume chapter 8 . 11/11/2011
I can never get over how amazing your writing is...

It must take you forever to come up with all the riddles, and all the angrams for everything...it's insaine how good this is.

As usual, a wonderful read.

(I laughed so hard at that last part...)
Chikiko chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
I've been meaning to write to you and let you know how much i love your stories. I normally read them from you website but i just happened to be hear so i figured i'd send you a quick note and add you to favorites and alerts while im here. I began reading this story must have been sometime in january and pretty much did just kept reading straight till about till about somewhere in mid-late april. i seriously couldn't put it down, it was just too good.

and it was all thanks to a picture based on this particular story. i forget who drew it, but was off this story with selina alone in the cave writing her logs i would imagine. i've found it on deviant art but have since seen it in your fanart section. anyway it's an amazing story and i look forward to reading more.
Kelana-ti chapter 8 . 3/9/2011
That was great. Interesting, reading it from logs and journals. I really enjoyed the last chapter.
Hitman of Gotham chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
What can I say? Great stuff as always. I particularly liked the bedroom banter at the end. It was so Selina. The little peccadillos of both characters were portrayed to perfection throughout and you make me believe in them as a couple.
Leila Winters chapter 6 . 8/27/2009
I'm sad to have discovered your work so late. But I have to give you insane props to your attention to detail. Not just anyone can write The Riddler and I suspect it's the reason he's not prominently featured in the comic-verse, as a main attraction OR as a sidekick. The Riddler's intellectual antics are only as good as the writer who conjures them up and not many would be willing to step into those shoes...and I must say, your Eddie is so very provocative...

I've been a lifelong Batman/Catwoman/Bruce/Selina fan, since before I could read. To me, there has never been a worthy rival for either hero/ine. I steadfastly refuse to acknowledge Talia as ever being in the running and while Dick was an amusing diversion, we all know it would never happen (nor would we really want it to). Still...you've introduced something I haven't considered in an embarrassing hunk of years...an intriguing TRIANGLE. Eddie seems just the right "great (but demented) detective" mixed with a bit of malice, and a lot of quirk to contrast with Bat's cold stoicism and unwavering devotion to The Mission. While he can't compete in Pure Man, he's genial and honest (something Bats really isn't). Not that I think Eddie would ever WIN, but I'm just saying that it's excellent food for thought: TWO brilliant men the Cat can flirt with because she wants one bad and is friends with the other (and both are oh so fun to tease). Tho, what's in it for Eddie? Aside from her stunning good looks, the Selina you've written has brains that-while not MATCHING Eddie's-can properly take apart and understand some part of the mastermind...as well as the incomprehensible Jervis XD Eddie'd never go for a witless bimbo who'd trip and choke on her own feet trying to keep pace with him.

I've already finished the fic and loved it (haven't laughed like that in awhile either), but chapter six I really found to be a defining point in the story, so decided to leave the review here. There's something about The Riddler acting like an abandoned lover that's just all kinds of charming. Really, loved every second of the poor, hurt, kicked puppy with fangs routine. I wanted Cat to just hug him and say "we're still friends, so run before I punch you out."

Also, I really loved the format you've written this fic in. The logs work so well and the commentary is some of the best without revealing too much and being too expository. I'll end the review here, but really, thanks for conjuring this storyline up. I'm sure my mind will be racing a mile a minute for days now, trying to wrap around the concept of "rival" when it comes to one of my all-time favorite childhood pairings. Nice work.
Leila Winters chapter 2 . 8/26/2009
Brilliant! Absolutely fantastic how you weaved all the villains into a whole information network of uneasy allies...

I loved reading about Selina's relationship with each respective villain she talked to. Good stuff. Made me want to see more with Riddler and Scarecrow.
Anonymous chapter 8 . 3/19/2009
I've been skipping back and forth through Cat-Tales for a while now, and just wanted to say they're a ton of fun. Your characterizations are fantastic, you keep the action side of the story going strong along with the friend/romance storylines, and you've got a great sense of humor. The research and thought process is pretty awesome too (Eddie's riddles always drive me crazy). Not My Kink specifically, the character realizations and arcs were pretty spiffy- Batman/Catwoman/Crimefighting new spin, Catwoman/Riddler quarrel...and especially the iceberg chapter. I'm still not completely sure why, just loved it. You did mix a couple of facts (Aries zodiac sign doesn't equal Ares Greek god/Mars, it IS physically impossible to taste bile because it's a liquid used in the liver to help with the blood purification, yadda yadda...) but they're tiny, nitpicky things. Alfred's chapter did seem to overuse the "one thinks/feels/verbs" phrase a bit...again, no biggie. Overall, I think it's really cool that A. it's possible to read these stories out of context while still understanding them and B. that your style gets steadily better with each new fic. Which is saying something, since they're all awesome. And now for a random question:

Having just read What's New Pussycat and Trick or Treat in short succession, a very strange four-in-the-morning type thought occurred to me...how the hell would Scarecrow react if somebody turned up at one of his Halloween parties dressed as Dorothy Gale? Moreover, would anyone be brave enough (or insane enough) to try? Hope the idea amuses you as much as it did me. Looking forward to Demons in the Details!
CRose chapter 8 . 3/19/2009
Oh, I go and think I found an accidental misspelling early in the chapter and it turns out to be intentional. Another great story and I'm reminded of just how much planning goes into these and why I like your stories so much. Excellent job.
K9 the First chapter 8 . 3/13/2009
*sighs* I'm so glad that 'Lina and Eddie were able to make up! _

I look forward to your next tale.
ussentinel chapter 8 . 3/11/2009
Love dimaonds. Ah, a spot of history and reference to start off the fic; good detail! "Arkhamesque (lunacy)" - Congrats! I think you're the first writer to coin that phrase that I think I've ever seen. Everyone doing there thing; you conducting it beautifully. Thanks for the ride!
xt1me chapter 8 . 3/10/2009
I really like your characterisations. It’s fantastic to read. Poor Eddie and his Freudian clues. Brilliant.
t wrecks chapter 8 . 3/10/2009
Once again you make me feel guilty for not buying your story somewhere.
Wispr chapter 8 . 3/9/2009
Damn that was a bloody marvelous journy.

Thanks!

Wispr
ussentinel chapter 7 . 3/2/2009
My favorite scene (and likely one of my all-time ones) was Eddie's meticulous detailing of his options - all in perect Eddie order, all in perfect Eddie voice. I hope at some point your brain and desire finds time to do a stand-alone story or chapter with him on the spotlight. I feel when the dust settles, I'm going to be feeling for him more.
Kimberly T chapter 7 . 3/1/2009
The first full paragraph made me want to reach into the story and give Bruce a comforting hug, and assure him that everyone has impossible dreams; they're part of what makes us human.

"In declining to fight with Bruce, she’s driving her point home with Batman. The only thing I can’t figure out is if it’s intentional. If she’s got that much Machiavelli in her, or if it’s just unconsciously feline logic."

Just chalk it up to feline logic, Bruce; you'll sleep better.

-finishes rereading chapter-

Yep, Eddie's in for a clawing; a really, really bad clawing. But he's not the only one in trouble...