Reviews for Do I?
Cylor chapter 1 . 4/26/2014
Extremely interesting and thought-provoking. I love introspective pieces like this; excellent work.
PerennialOutlander chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
so sad, so beautiful
KiraJenLove chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
Interesting diversion from the usual! I am a Jen/Kira shipper, of course, but I think Kira is thinking too much. In a situation like the one she's in, where she is the last of her kind and must procreate out of pure necessity, she cannot afford to think about "what if" too much, or if she loved him or not, as if she had a choice in the matter like the rest of us do. I know that if I were in Kira's situation, even if I didn't love "the last man on Earth", I would still fulfill my duty.

Another possibility is for them to together search Thra for Gelfling survivors, but that would take a lifetime, might endanger their precious lives (as the last two of their kind), and even if they did find another Gelfling, how could Kira possibly have the same kind of relationship (or better) than the one she has with Jen? She and Jen have been through an ordeal that no other Gelfling on Thra could possibly hold a candle to. Any other Gelfling suitors would suffer by comparison. If she doesn't "love" Jen, then I don't see any way that she could love any other Gelfling more. What could they possibly have in common?

But your story was very well written, and I enjoyed reading it. Thanks!