Reviews for Membrane's Christmas Carol
MissBliss8527 chapter 3 . 1/22/2012
I almost didn't review (shame on me), but then I saw your author note and recognised the word babel fish. XD I liked this story, it was really interesting. Thanks for the read, see you around, merry christmas. (Even though it's January. :P)
hfhksdhjfoejhie chapter 2 . 9/14/2011
truthfully i don't like that he can grab his kids
For Sanity's Sake chapter 3 . 1/14/2011
Don't worry, I write murder scenes, too... and I'm PERFECTLY SANE! Also, I thought everyone was very in character, except Membrane, 'cause we really don't know that much about his personality so we really can't write him well.

Just remember: I'M SANE!
UGX7 chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
A suprisingly good idea, and well executed.
FireFriday chapter 3 . 7/21/2010
Heyyyyy. Great story, I really liked the ending. Anyway, keep writing!
Iruka Sensei871 chapter 3 . 12/10/2009
I love it when people write Membrane as a sympathetic character. Extremely good work. Keep writing. This is professional grade work.
JoeMerl chapter 3 . 11/6/2009
Oh, nice twist there! One would expect Membrane to see his OWN death, and switching the culprit from Zim makes this work so much better for this story. It's hard to say if Gaz was OOC in the future...it's always hard to figure out the exact right level of any emotion with her, but I would have had her hide her grief a LITTLE bit better. And I like Zim showing up at the end-actually him and Membrane interacting is just a fun idea, especially since we see them chatting happily in the Tak episode.

Anyway, this story was great! Hope you write something else soon! :-D
JoeMerl chapter 2 . 11/6/2009
For some reason I read the first stave last year but never found the time to finish this story. It is time to finally right this injustice!

Anyway, Mr. Slushy was an interesting choice for the Ghost of Christmas Present-logically it seems like he should be the Future one, but his affable personality works better here. I like how Membrane both starts to believe in his delusions ("...Did I really say that?"), but also remains logical enough to just grab his kids and kick the control panel. And the humor here is great; Mr. Slushy still referring to Zim as a "nuclear mole" was a nice touch (though shouldn't he be "Zam" or whatever then? ;-)

I wonder how this story'll end...well, onward to find out!
ArmoredSoul chapter 3 . 8/23/2009
X3

That ending had me in stitches from laughing so hard.
ArmoredSoul chapter 2 . 8/23/2009
It's nice to see the Professor actually cares.

Took him long enough!
Invader Johnny chapter 3 . 7/20/2009
Heh such a cool X-Mas fic, it even had murder in it! NEAT!

I think it was a bit of that Prof. Membrane didnt seemed too shocked aboyt FINALLY realizing Zims an alien.

Invader Johnny Signing Off.
Famelia Ly chapter 3 . 12/20/2008
Yeahh... I liked this final chapter, but I think the first two were even better. Maybe because it all happened too fast. And I wish Zim had had a bigger part in it. Oh, well. But it was still nice.

¡Felíz Navidad para vos también!¡Y felíz Año Nuevo!
Dibsthe1 chapter 3 . 12/20/2008
Christmas came early to MY house! Gaz should only taste her own medicine more often. It is such a relief when someone else gets it that even if Gaz thinks she has a reason, she goes much too far with it.

We've never seen Gaz cry before, but that doesn't mean she won't cry if she's challenged enough. (You have no doubt noticed this fandom has no problem whatsoever when it comes to challenging DIB.)

It's always amusing to see Membrane's reactions when confronted with hard evidence of that in which he does not believe. "This is why I hate time travel." "I must admit it can't be explained by Science." Even when he's being the straight man the Professor can still be funny.

I'm okay with reading A Christmas Carol over and over again, provided it's different enough, and this one certainly is. All the others simply confront the Scrooge figure with his own death. Your version is delightfully original!

If you need to see a psychiatrist over this, a long line of people need to be there ahead of you for how much THEY all enjoy writing Dib being murdered.

I don't speak that much Korean yet, but my fellow teachers assure me that you got it right! It's pronounced something like this: Cheur keo oon seong tan!
killerdoodlebug chapter 3 . 12/19/2008
I liked this story. The characters were in-character pretty well. Although, when I first started reading it, I was thinking "oh no, this is going to be another one of those 'evil Zim' stories that stray so far from his actual character", but I think it turned out nicely. Gaz was done well. It really shocked me when she turned out to be the murderer, but I was happy for that since I love the unexpected. Good job and Merry Christmas!
Liani Risate chapter 3 . 12/18/2008
This was great! Everyone seemed in character to me. Happy Holidays!