Reviews for Selfish, Helpless, Useless, Arrogant HasBeen!
YamiShiningFriendship chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
*giggles* yay genesis! you got his persona down well! very nicely written
ladycordelia17 chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
I take it you dislike Genesis because you think that, canonically in Crisis Core, he's a good deal responsible for everything going to hell in a handbasket at Nibelheim.

Genesis quotes in one scene, "Three friends go into battle. One is captured; one flies away; the one that remains becomes a hero." By that token, I gather that you must agree with me in thinking that while Genesis fancies himself the hero, he is, in fact, the deserter (in his envy and bitterness he deserted Shinra and his old friends when trying to stop his degradation). Since you blame the manipulative Jenova for almost everything bad that happens-as illustrated in your soliloquy "Mommy Dearest"-you must, by that token (as I do), consider Sephiroth to be the captive (Jenova uses him as a puppet). The "one that remains," therefore, is Angeal, although I don't think he directly becomes the hero-instead, he passes his Buster Sword down to Zack, who then hands it over to Cloud upon being shot down by Shinra troops-and Cloud, wielding the Buster Sword, becomes the hero.

But enough about my theories on that little piece of story. I could totally imagine this story being a Crisis Core cutscene that wound up on the cutting-room floor, the way Genesis rudely interrupted Sephiroth and your OFC, Akalara, in the midst of their interlude. I liked Akalara's verbal beat-down of Genesis, and I liked seeing Sephiroth raise his sword on her behalf (as far as I know, a first in the stories where Akalara happens to feature).

Kudos to your green-headed Turk-to-be for averting the Nibelheim incident, too, btw; if only there was one like her in canon somewhere...
Sussurous chapter 1 . 11/14/2008
Sephiroth/Akalara are so hot. I totally enjoyed this:)
heaven-monument chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
This is...

Well, I don't know what to say exactly, but I enjoyed it very much. I wasn't expecting it to be Genesis, at least. Sephiroth's humanity is astounding, and frankly I prefer him this way, not his OMG JENOVA'S MAH MAMA KILL ALL HYU-MANZ! personality in canon. Good reading.

~HM