Reviews for When She's Gone
Ladyhawke67 chapter 1 . 11/14/2008
Another gem from my FAVORITE author! Is it just me, or did I catch the "shout-out" to Starsky & Hutch with the linguini and clams bit? God, I love you girl! YOU'RE THE BEST and you surely make my day with your fiction! KEEP 'EM COMING!

- Hugs to ya

- Stacey Jo
Liafrombrazil chapter 1 . 11/14/2008
I think that episode effected everybody. I enjoyed reading one comforting scene between the boys. Dean is willing to talk to his brother if that helps Sam but not when his own issues are on the table. You lightened a little such difficult events like only you can do! We would like to think this aftermath really happened. "...just don't forget, she was already gone before we got there, Sam." I hope Dean'll always keep the protective big brother thing. Thank you so much!
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 11/14/2008
I enjoyed your tag to "Heart". It was different than many of the others I read after this episode. I started smiling while I read it. You focused on the brothers togather and Dean doing the little things to let Sam know he was there. I loved their conversation.

Dean's line towards the end, "It too soon for the ‘you’re not cursed’ talk?” Perfect.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.
MKofGod chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
This was very... poignant, sentimental, awesome. Any of those three could describe it.

I love how Dean's taking care of Sam. Going to the movies, eating pasta, a six pack. I also love Sam's reference to another time Dean did this - back when he got dumped over a jock. That made me grin.

One of my favorite parts is:

“So.” Dean’s quiet voice sounded loud in the otherwise empty parking lot. “It too soon for the ‘you’re not cursed’ talk?”

Sam’s fingers tightened on the longneck. “Yes.”

“Oh. Couple of days?”

He drank another swig, felt the buzz in the back of his skull. “Couple of weeks, at least. Maybe.”

I love it because it shows so clearly how well the boys know eachother, and how they know what the other person is thinking and feeling. They also know when it's time to come on hard, and when you're supposed to ease up, but they want the other person to know they're there.

The "Cassie" remark had me grinning.

I love this: it's so different than normal Heart fics. It's refreshing and adds a different sadness than the usual story. Thanks for posting!
funkyspunk chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
Thanks for sharing again! I really liked this one - different from many Heart tags out there, but I honestly have to say I don't read many tags to that ep. Great job, I love how awesome you made Dean, what a lovely brother he is. I loved the end, beautiful job.

Thanks for sharing, once again!
Visionairy chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
Very sweet story, thank you! My favorite line was, "It shouldn’t have made things any better, and maybe it didn’t. But somehow it made it all a little more bearable." I really enjoyed it!
Mir chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
You write Sam and Dean so well - perfectly capturing the little personality quirks that always come out between them.
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
OMGOMG!

THIS was abaoloutley beautiful hun...bless

you wrote the brothers relationship perfectly!

and omg...Sam was hurting

i loved it girly

awesome stuff
RedDragen chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
A nice wonderful short story.
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
This was a really sweet, classic brother moment. Loved it.
luvjase chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
This was just beautiful. A nice bonding moment between the brothers that was really needed after Madison's death. Thank you so much for this. :D
bhoney chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
Wow, this was so poignant, so powerful. It definitely made a lump come to my throat.

Loved Dean trying to comfort his little brother, in such a Dean-like way. This line was a classic: “No,” Dean said patiently, fingers tapping the steering wheel, “I’m asking you if you want to see one. Pay attention, Sammy.” Love the memory of how Dean had comforted Sam in junior high, and that he's trying the same thing now. And that Sam admitted it did help.

But my absolute favorite is the last scene, when they're out under the stars, and they're not talking about it. Love how matter-of-fact Dean is with this: “It too soon for the ‘you’re not cursed’ talk?” and the allusion here and earlier ("knowing this rant by heart") to the fact that they know each other so well, and have been through so many things together, that they almost have little "scripts" they run through that are comfort. Love that idea.

And I had to laugh at this: Dean patted his arm, managing to forget to pull his hand back when he was done. “Dude, you know me, I don’t push.” LOL SO Dean!

This was wonderful. I'm favoriting it. One of my favorite post-Heart tags ever.
supernaturalbuffy chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
gotta love how guys deal with grief and the death of relationship. no pun intended. i liked the comraderie between sam and dean and i loved that sam for once out ate dean. LOL good story.
sylia91 chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
Big brother Dean always knows what Sammy needs even if he doesn't realize it himself. Great brother moments.
Maz101 chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
You captured the simple pleasures and the intentions behind them so well. Gives a warm feeling that brotherly stuff.
50 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »