Reviews for When She's Gone
amyblair chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
I love the "why do beautiful woman always die in front of him" analogy. And really liked Sam stopping Dean from going any further with the "You don't think I get it?"

"God, we're so messed up." This is something that I've been saying to myself when I think of the boys' current situations and their reveals to one another. They're both so messed in the head, the body, the heart... I'm looking forward to seeing how they play it out these next couple of weeks.

Really enjoyed this bit you cracked out. Nice one, K. chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
Awesome. Loved how Dean took the time to take his little brother to a movie and a decent meal, trying to do something nice for him after Madison and have him forget the hurt for a little while. Loved their banter as Dean broached the subject in his typical nonchalant way! And just so Dean, teasing Sam about the movie afterwards!

Perfect ending, the boys relaxed on the front of the impala with a few beers - at least they have each other.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
Ooh, so sad! I can completely see Dean trying to cheer Sam up like that though. As usual, you got the dialogue and the banter spot on, perfect for where the boys were at that point in season 2!
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
Awesome story, as usual! :)
lili20 chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
It was really nice how Dean knew what his brother needed even when Sam himself didn't. Fav. line ā€œIā€™m asking you if you want to see one. Pay attention, Sammy.ā€ That was so big brother Dean, I loved it.
Klutzygirl33 chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
Great story. I figure Dean probably did to help Sam out. He cried in "Heart" because Sammy was crying. He also offered to kill Madison so Sam wouldn't have to. He really does love his brother.
Onyx Moonbeam chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
Nice! I like that as comfort Dean takes Sam out for a movie, dinner and drinks - A date. Hysterical, but rings true, just what Sam needs, one on one time with Dean.

Good episode, and this is a nicely thought out tag for all those emotions. Love the mention of Cassie at the end, they are messed up, but they have each other.
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
That was a wonderful, slice-of-life Winchester moment: Dean in classic big brother mode - loved that he took Sam out for dinner and a movie :) - as Sam was struggling emotionally.

I smiled a lot while reading it - everything from a grin to sad smile because you covered the range of emotions beautifully.

Very subtly written, and more powerful for it. Loved it.

tOrA9223 chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
Another really cute story! Loved it! I love how Dean tries to make Sam feel better. It's adorable.

Dimminished chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
What a heartwarming evening you've been kind enough to give us a glimpse of. I don't think I've witnessed Dean in more of a big brother mode than in this story.

Very well done. Thank-you.
sayrae3times chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
Just love the brotherly moments! This is so Dean! Thanks for the lovely read on a rainy day!
calcium77 chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
That was pretty sweet. I like the idea that they do normal stuff sometimes. (although it seems like it does not happen that often)

I gave up pasta & bread a few weeks ago though...I am really jonesing for it now...thanks a lot! ;-)

NativeStar chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
A lovely little one-shot with Dean being the awesome big brother we all know and love. Thanks for brightening up my coffee break. :)
Rat chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
aww, what a beautiful story! I love when Dean is in full Big Brother mode
PADavis chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
Hey! Always glad to see a post from you - and on episode day, even. What a treat. This was so beautifully done - tender and poignant, the small touches (Jess teaching Sam about putting his knife and fork together), Dean pumping him full of food ... charming, honest, and a little nostalgic.

Hope you are still going to the con this weekend!

50 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »