Reviews for Deep Lacerations
prince-bishop chapter 32 . 8/21
I really enjoyed this story, not much of Tony and Ziva but what there was was good.
Maunzeli chapter 31 . 12/13/2012
Current novel is all I have to read now, so I decided to start over again. Reads just as good as the first time around. When are you going to write/publish another book?
eva-david chapter 32 . 10/23/2012
I liked this. In a kind of weird way. I mean this story is basically based on a woman who had to perform her husbands autopsy in front of her daughter who was damned close to getting shot to death, so what's not to like... but yeah... I liked it. Probably because I like your writing style.

Gracy kind of reminds me of Abigail Borin from CGIS. The dynamic between her and Gibbs/her and Ducky...

I'll definitely read the sequel to this. I know that there are quite a lot of continuations after this story and I hope Sonja will be in them!

Btw; your German translations are really good, although sometimes you confused the male and the female form of a word. Why did you chose to make them half-German anyway? Just wondering.

See you in my next review, I guess? :)
Maunzeli chapter 32 . 8/10/2012
'Twas even better the second time around. Thanks again for sharing it.
Amaryllis12 chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Your writing is so knowledgable and well-structured that parts I would otherwise think boring are a joy to read! I love the realistic vibe. Keeps me coming back for more!
AnisRocks chapter 32 . 3/1/2012
Awesome! Oooooh I love this story!
JET1967 chapter 32 . 12/14/2011
I just discovered your stories and spent most of my free time today reading this one. I think Gracy is one of my all-time favorite non-canon characters. In fact, I'm skipping to Lethal Fractures to read more of her.

I noticed that you haven't written anything in awhile. Are you still writing on FFN?

headoverhook chapter 12 . 7/6/2011
I just started again to reread all of your stories because I wanted to reread how Tony and Ziva became a couple. :D I have serious withdrawal symptoms and I love your stories. I only found one little mistake in this chapter. We german would say "where is the verdammte sheet". With an "e" at the end not "verdammt". I always wanted to ask you where all your german expressions are from. Because they are very accurate. I would definitely say the same in this situations. I'm just curious.
alix33 chapter 32 . 6/16/2011
"Sergeant?" she called out. A head peaked out from behind a partial wall, reminding Gibbs, strangely enough, of Jimmy Palmer. "Ma'am?" "Do we have any cases?" "Um, no, ma'am," he replied. "I can, uh, check through your messages from the clinics and other hospitals…" "No, Sergeant, that won't be necessary," she said with a wave of her hand. "I need to discuss a case with Agent Gibbs, so why don't you take the afternoon off?" "The Littlefield case?" She looked at him sternly. "Oh. Right. I'll, uh, be going now." Gibbs couldn't help but smile as he scurried away. "Is there some autopsy assistant catalog that you guys order from?" he asked. She rolled her eyes. "It takes a special sort to be a pathologist's assistant," she replied dryly." - "autopsy assistant catalog", hehehe.

"I flew all the way here from Washington, and you already solved my case?" She grinned. "Well, I learned from the best. Anyway, why do you think I've been so eager to get hold of Agent Stowe for the last week?" He just shook his head. "You're a medical examiner. Don't go giving Ducky any ideas, or he'll start thinking he can investigate our scenes and solving our crimes." She laughed" - Hehehe.

"tell me about the team." He rolled his eyes. "Ziva and DiNozzo are sleeping together, but they're doing a good job of keeping that under wraps. What?" he asked, misinterpreting the puzzled expression on her face. "You can't tell me you didn't see that coming." "No, it's just...I thought they already were sleeping together. Never mind. Why does it matter if-oh. It's one of those rules, isn't it?" "Number twelve: never date a co-worker." She rolled her eyes. "Right. Heaven forbid you get involved with someone you already know and trust." He smiled slightly." - I have never thought of it that way, hehehe.

"For a minute, he studied the black-haired girl, a set of dogtags-likely Scott Gracy's dogtags that McGee had tossed across the bullpen on that last day-hanging over her swimsuit. "They look look happy," he finally said. "They are," she said with a nod. "Maddie's doing well. Most days, she's just your typical eight-year-old." She rolled her eyes. "Eight, going on eighteen. You have any advice for surviving the next decade before I can legally kick her out of the house?" "Sorry," he said. "My parenting expertise ends at eight." She grimaced. "Sorry, Jethro, I wasn't thinking." - AW!

"That lock of hair had gotten loose again, falling in front of her face. Without thinking about it, he reached over and tucked it behind her ear, which made her laugh. "Thanks, Gunny, for making sure my hair is regulation, even when I haven't showered in two days." He chuckled as he lowered his hand." - AW!

"You look good, Sonja," he finally said. She rolled her eyes. "You're not the first Marine to try to hit on me in the middle of a warzone, but I didn't come to Iraq to find a boyfriend," she joked. "I meant-wait. I'm not the first—what?" She laughed at his confused expression." - And those paragraphs were totally funny.
alix33 chapter 31 . 6/16/2011
"Oh, those books are in the bottom drawer." "Oh! I completely forgot." Gracy reached into the bottom drawer to remove two copies of Rock Hollow. "These will be the best Mother's Day gifts ever. Thanks, McGee." "The McNovel?" DiNozzo asked with a frown. "Best Mother's Day gifts ever? And why two?" "Mother, mother-in-law," she replied, holding them up in turn. "Or mother-in-law, mother. I'll be sure to check the signatures before wrapping them up. They're both huge Thom E. Gemcity fans." - Those two fans must envy their daughter and daughter-in-law hugely, then, as she actually worked in the same building as their favourite author.
alix33 chapter 30 . 6/16/2011
"You're still a bastard." "Mommy!" Sonja Gracy looked up in surprise, her expression quickly replaced by one of guilt. In all of the excitement of the day, she had completely forgotten that she had left her children in the squad room under the care of McGee. "Hey, Affe," she said with a laugh, bending down to pick up her son, who had immediately run from wherever he had been hiding toward the elevators. "Were you being good?" "Yes, Mommy," he said, nodding seriously. "Lügner," Maddie muttered from her position behind DiNozzo's desk. Gracy gave Nate a stern expression, making him squirm uncomfortably until she placed him back on the ground." - Cute nickname for Nate. I am sure MY mom called either me or my sister a little baboon once or twice when we were about his age, and definitely "aapstert" ("monkey's tail" in Afrikaans, my mother tongue, which, you could reason, is just another version of "monkey") more than a couple of times. I know she has called my niece, her one and only grandchild "aapstert", and Ine (said niece) cannot be the only child my mom has ever called that.

"Gibbs stopped outside Observation and lowered himself to Maddie's eye level. "Are you sure?" he asked again. When she nodded, he explained, "You're going to be able to see him, but he can't see you. He is in NCIS custody, and he doesn't have any weapons, and he'll never be able to hurt anybody ever again. Do you understand?" "Yeah," she said, her voice carrying just the slightest tremor. He nodded and pushed open the door to Observation. She followed him in. His eyes focused on the small girl, he didn't look through the two-way mirror until he heard her gasp. Still slumped in the chair, his arms still held behind him, was Musawi. New were the cuts on his forehead and a black eye that was nearly swollen shut. Leaning causally against the door, examining her fingernails, was Officer Ziva David. Gibbs smiled thinly; apparently, she had taken his command to make sure Musawi knew who he was dealing with seriously. Maddie's eyes were wide, still fixed on the terrorist in the middle of the room. Gibbs bend down and picked her up, using both arms to balance her on his hip. "He can't hurt you anymore," he repeated. "He can't hurt anybody. He's going away for the rest of his life, with people with big guns guarding him to make sure he doesn't get out. It's over." She nodded before burying her face in his neck, her eyes peeking out just enough to watch Musawi, memorizing the broken, caught man to replace her memories of the man who held a gun to her head, making her scream and making her mother cry. Gibbs didn't know how long they were standing there in Observation, neither saying anything as they both watched the unmoving scene in front of them. He hadn't been sure coming down here was such a good idea; seeing a beaten terrorist wasn't on the top of his list of activities to do with seven-year-old girls. However, most seven-year-old girls hadn't faced the kinds of terrors that this one had. The last seven-year-old girl he had held in his arms had lived a happy life, playing with friends in the backyard and learning how to sand a boat in the basement. Kelly's life had been free from terrors—right until the last few seconds. He used his free hand to stroke Maddie's hair, beginning to feel her relax in his arms. In the back of his mind, he wondered if his reasons for bringing her down here weren't more selfish than he initially thought, as if helping one little girl would make him feel less guilty about the one he couldn't help. Any such concerns were erased a moment later. "Thank you, Agent Gibbs," Maddie whispered. "Thank you for getting the bad guys." - AW!
alix33 chapter 28 . 6/16/2011
"The inside stained was with blood." - "inside was stained".
alix33 chapter 27 . 6/16/2011
"Nate Gracy giving his sister what sounded like an angry retort in German before emerging from behind Tony's desk in a sprint. Not even hesitating, Gibbs grabbed the boy below the armpits and lifted him to his desk. "Listen to your mother," he scolded the boy before turning to McGee. "You were saying, Elf Lord?" - AW! at Gibbs calling Tim "Elf Lord".

"Mäuschen," - Cute nickname!
alix33 chapter 26 . 6/16/2011
"You haven't taken out any doctors on accident yet, have you?" - "by accident".

"Agent Tim McGee was already seated at his desk in the bullpen when the four arrived. As if sensing her temporary confusion about where to put her stuff without even looking at her, Gibbs said, "Use Ziva's desk for now. Elf Lord, can you watch Maddie and Nate for a few minutes so Agent Gracy and I can check in with Abby and Ducky?" - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it whenever Gibbs calls Tim "Elf Lord", whether it is in the RL show or in fics.

"Nice house." She blinked in surprise. "Thank you?" "It has, what, five bedrooms?" "Four, actually. The study doesn't technically qualify as a bedroom. No closet." She shrugged. "At least, that's what the realtor told me." He nodded. "I guess they were paying Army pathologists more than I realized." She blinked again, frowning as she attempted to process his words. "I got paid a little more than your average O-4 with my years in service, I guess, but that's just because of my specialty pay. It was only about fifteen grand more a year. Why the hell do you care how much I was getting paid?" He slowly turned to face her. "You were a major, your husband was a major, you have two kids to put through college and who knows what after, and you live in a million dollar townhouse with a live-in French nanny and drive a BMW SVU." Her eyes widened as she realized what he was saying. Not even giving herself the time to stop and think about what she was doing, she reached up and slapped him across the face with full force. "You bastard!" she exclaimed, her eyes blazing. "Du verdammt Arsch! It's not enough for you that you have to accuse my husband of folding under torture and giving terrorists information used to kill his friends. I hate, I hate the thought that that could be true, but hell, I'm a doctor, I know what the body can take, I know torture is used because it works, so I can't argue with you, can't tell you that Scott would never—." A small sob escaped her throat, but she wasn't done. "There is no way that Scott would sell anyone or anything for anything. No way. That million dollar—actually, one point three million dollar, if you're interested—townhouse is mortgaged to the hilt, and that BMW is eight years old, a combination 'congratulations on graduating from medical school' and early baby shower gift from my parents, who are German and would never buy a car that wasn't made in Germany." She took a deep breath, her eyes still fixed on him, still furious. "You left the Corps in what? Ninety-one, ninety-two? What was your Serviceman Group Life Insurance then? One hundred fifty, two hundred thousand?" "Something like that," he replied. "Yeah, that's what I figure, since it was a hundred in 1983, when Staff Sergeant Nathan Gracy died while guarding the US Embassy in Beirut. Yeah, the one that was blown up. That money went toward Scott's college fund, which Dr. Aroob Gracy spent the next ten years adding to, and Scott never had to touch, with his ROTC scholarship and all. My parents also spent some time building up a reasonable college fund for me, which a full-ride swimming scholarship followed by the support of the United States Army kept me from using. Scott and I both grew up solidly middle-class, Gibbs, so when it came time to buy our first place after we got married, we took those two untouched college funds and splurged a little. Then, when his four hundred thousand dollar SGLI check came, and I realized I couldn't live in that place and not have a complete mental breakdown, I sold that place that we splurged on together and moved into the most secure area within commuting distance to base." Her eyes narrowed to a glare, her voice low with barely-contained anger. "But I would give it all back—the townhouse with its state-of-the-art security system, the Swiss nanny, the private schools, the Beemer, everything, if I could have my husband back." She reached over and hit the stop button decisively, starting the elevator again. "Don't you ever speak another word to me." - Those paragraphs were IMO some seriously good writing, and yet, I feel awful now I have read them.
alix33 chapter 25 . 6/16/2011
"I offered the medical student a venti triple-shot from Starbucks and breakfast if he skipped your room for pre-rounds this morning. I told him I'd get your overnight vitals." She shrugged. "The last thing you needed was to be woken by a med student asking inane questions about how you're feeling after he wakes you up at 0530." He chuckled lightly, careful not to disturb the sleeping Mossad officer next to him. "I'm a bit concerned that Navy ensigns can be bribed with as little as coffee and breakfast." She grinned. "That's because you've never been a fourth year medical student on an ICU rotation. For the first two days, it's really cool, the feeling that you have control over life and death and your action—or inaction—really makes a difference. Then, after that, you realize you'd be willing to pull the plug on your own mother if it means another five minutes to sleep or eat." He nodded. "Kinda like a stakeout," he remarked. "Only in stakeout, you'd shoot your own mother just to alleviate the boredom." - Hehehe.

"Really, Tony, you don't have to thank me. You would have done the same thing." He chuckled, almost nervously. "I think you're overestimating my altruistic qualities." "Actually, I'm impressed you know what 'altruistic' means." - Hehehe.

"They should be here again in a couple of hours when Gibbs comes by to pick me up." He brightened at that. "We're being discharged today?" "What's this 'we'?" she asked. "I'm being discharged. You're going to be observed for at least another day." "What? Why?" "Because I've never had the plague," she replied simply. "That, and my temperature was up to 97 before I made the intern take out the pulmonary catheter probe, and yours still reads 94." She gave him an exaggerated-thoughtful expression. "Odd, considering your methods of conserving body temperature." "It's because she's completely cold inside," DiNozzo replied, not missing a beat. "You know, the whole unemotional Mossad spy thing." "I am awake, Tony," Ziva commented dryly, her voice still hoarse from sleep, her eyes still closed. "Good luck with that, DiNozzo," Gracy said, smiling slightly" - Hehehe.

"Agent Gibbs?" His reverie was broken by the small yet serious voice. He glanced in the mirror again to see Maddie no longer looking at her book, now studying him. "Are you and my mom working on a case?" "And Agent DiNozzo and Officer David," Gibbs added with a nod. "Are the bad guys after you?" He frowned at her phrasing, wondering if Gracy had mentioned something about the case, maybe to warn her—no, she wouldn't have done that. She was too concerned about her daughter's already fragile state to even hint that the man who killed Major Gracy was still out there and now killing again. Her statement made more sense when he remembered how simple the world was for children; everything was right or wrong, black or white, good or bad. The planet was just one big battleground for the warring armies: The Good Guys and The Bad Guys, an idea enforced by endless cartoons of Superman and Batman and whatever other superheroes were on Saturday morning TV these days. "Yeah," he finally said. "But we're going to get them, Maddie. We're stronger and smarter than the bad guys are." "Do you promise?" He looked her in the eye through the rearview mirror. "Yeah, Maddie, I promise." - AW!