Reviews for Deep Lacerations
Mellia Bee chapter 32 . 7/7
Good story. You did a nice job making Gracy an actual character instead of a Mary Sue. Very well-rounded.

It just occurred to me to check the publishing date of this story, and I realize there's a distinct possibility you won't ever see my reviews - a lot can happen in nine years. Regardless, I figured I'd let you know that I liked it a lot - and if there's anybody else reading the reviews while trying to decide whether to read it or not - well, stop reading the reviews and start reading the story. It's a good one. :)
Mellia Bee chapter 26 . 7/7
Okay, I was going to wait for the end of the story before reviewing, but Gracy's speech to Gibbs at the end there? Well, I'm sitting in the middle of a professional conference right now, but if I weren't, I'd be on my feet clapping. Some speech!

And while I'm here, I might as well let you know that I'm enjoying this story and it really feels like the tv show. Well done. :)
AlaskanFan chapter 32 . 9/9/2016
WOW - that's a really powerful story. Chilling circumstances. Your writing is excellent!
prince-bishop chapter 32 . 8/21/2015
I really enjoyed this story, not much of Tony and Ziva but what there was was good.
Maunzeli chapter 31 . 12/13/2012
Current novel is all I have to read now, so I decided to start over again. Reads just as good as the first time around. When are you going to write/publish another book?
eva-david chapter 32 . 10/23/2012
I liked this. In a kind of weird way. I mean this story is basically based on a woman who had to perform her husbands autopsy in front of her daughter who was damned close to getting shot to death, so what's not to like... but yeah... I liked it. Probably because I like your writing style.

Gracy kind of reminds me of Abigail Borin from CGIS. The dynamic between her and Gibbs/her and Ducky...

I'll definitely read the sequel to this. I know that there are quite a lot of continuations after this story and I hope Sonja will be in them!

Btw; your German translations are really good, although sometimes you confused the male and the female form of a word. Why did you chose to make them half-German anyway? Just wondering.

See you in my next review, I guess? :)
Maunzeli chapter 32 . 8/10/2012
'Twas even better the second time around. Thanks again for sharing it.
Amaryllis12 chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Your writing is so knowledgable and well-structured that parts I would otherwise think boring are a joy to read! I love the realistic vibe. Keeps me coming back for more!
AnisRocks chapter 32 . 3/1/2012
Awesome! Oooooh I love this story!
JET1967 chapter 32 . 12/14/2011
I just discovered your stories and spent most of my free time today reading this one. I think Gracy is one of my all-time favorite non-canon characters. In fact, I'm skipping to Lethal Fractures to read more of her.

I noticed that you haven't written anything in awhile. Are you still writing on FFN?

Jsne
headoverhook chapter 12 . 7/6/2011
I just started again to reread all of your stories because I wanted to reread how Tony and Ziva became a couple. :D I have serious withdrawal symptoms and I love your stories. I only found one little mistake in this chapter. We german would say "where is the verdammte sheet". With an "e" at the end not "verdammt". I always wanted to ask you where all your german expressions are from. Because they are very accurate. I would definitely say the same in this situations. I'm just curious.
alix33 chapter 32 . 6/16/2011
"Sergeant?" she called out. A head peaked out from behind a partial wall, reminding Gibbs, strangely enough, of Jimmy Palmer. "Ma'am?" "Do we have any cases?" "Um, no, ma'am," he replied. "I can, uh, check through your messages from the clinics and other hospitals…" "No, Sergeant, that won't be necessary," she said with a wave of her hand. "I need to discuss a case with Agent Gibbs, so why don't you take the afternoon off?" "The Littlefield case?" She looked at him sternly. "Oh. Right. I'll, uh, be going now." Gibbs couldn't help but smile as he scurried away. "Is there some autopsy assistant catalog that you guys order from?" he asked. She rolled her eyes. "It takes a special sort to be a pathologist's assistant," she replied dryly." - "autopsy assistant catalog", hehehe.

"I flew all the way here from Washington, and you already solved my case?" She grinned. "Well, I learned from the best. Anyway, why do you think I've been so eager to get hold of Agent Stowe for the last week?" He just shook his head. "You're a medical examiner. Don't go giving Ducky any ideas, or he'll start thinking he can investigate our scenes and solving our crimes." She laughed" - Hehehe.

"tell me about the team." He rolled his eyes. "Ziva and DiNozzo are sleeping together, but they're doing a good job of keeping that under wraps. What?" he asked, misinterpreting the puzzled expression on her face. "You can't tell me you didn't see that coming." "No, it's just...I thought they already were sleeping together. Never mind. Why does it matter if-oh. It's one of those rules, isn't it?" "Number twelve: never date a co-worker." She rolled her eyes. "Right. Heaven forbid you get involved with someone you already know and trust." He smiled slightly." - I have never thought of it that way, hehehe.

"For a minute, he studied the black-haired girl, a set of dogtags-likely Scott Gracy's dogtags that McGee had tossed across the bullpen on that last day-hanging over her swimsuit. "They look look happy," he finally said. "They are," she said with a nod. "Maddie's doing well. Most days, she's just your typical eight-year-old." She rolled her eyes. "Eight, going on eighteen. You have any advice for surviving the next decade before I can legally kick her out of the house?" "Sorry," he said. "My parenting expertise ends at eight." She grimaced. "Sorry, Jethro, I wasn't thinking." - AW!

"That lock of hair had gotten loose again, falling in front of her face. Without thinking about it, he reached over and tucked it behind her ear, which made her laugh. "Thanks, Gunny, for making sure my hair is regulation, even when I haven't showered in two days." He chuckled as he lowered his hand." - AW!

"You look good, Sonja," he finally said. She rolled her eyes. "You're not the first Marine to try to hit on me in the middle of a warzone, but I didn't come to Iraq to find a boyfriend," she joked. "I meant-wait. I'm not the first—what?" She laughed at his confused expression." - And those paragraphs were totally funny.
alix33 chapter 31 . 6/16/2011
"Oh, those books are in the bottom drawer." "Oh! I completely forgot." Gracy reached into the bottom drawer to remove two copies of Rock Hollow. "These will be the best Mother's Day gifts ever. Thanks, McGee." "The McNovel?" DiNozzo asked with a frown. "Best Mother's Day gifts ever? And why two?" "Mother, mother-in-law," she replied, holding them up in turn. "Or mother-in-law, mother. I'll be sure to check the signatures before wrapping them up. They're both huge Thom E. Gemcity fans." - Those two fans must envy their daughter and daughter-in-law hugely, then, as she actually worked in the same building as their favourite author.
alix33 chapter 30 . 6/16/2011
"You're still a bastard." "Mommy!" Sonja Gracy looked up in surprise, her expression quickly replaced by one of guilt. In all of the excitement of the day, she had completely forgotten that she had left her children in the squad room under the care of McGee. "Hey, Affe," she said with a laugh, bending down to pick up her son, who had immediately run from wherever he had been hiding toward the elevators. "Were you being good?" "Yes, Mommy," he said, nodding seriously. "Lügner," Maddie muttered from her position behind DiNozzo's desk. Gracy gave Nate a stern expression, making him squirm uncomfortably until she placed him back on the ground." - Cute nickname for Nate. I am sure MY mom called either me or my sister a little baboon once or twice when we were about his age, and definitely "aapstert" ("monkey's tail" in Afrikaans, my mother tongue, which, you could reason, is just another version of "monkey") more than a couple of times. I know she has called my niece, her one and only grandchild "aapstert", and Ine (said niece) cannot be the only child my mom has ever called that.

"Gibbs stopped outside Observation and lowered himself to Maddie's eye level. "Are you sure?" he asked again. When she nodded, he explained, "You're going to be able to see him, but he can't see you. He is in NCIS custody, and he doesn't have any weapons, and he'll never be able to hurt anybody ever again. Do you understand?" "Yeah," she said, her voice carrying just the slightest tremor. He nodded and pushed open the door to Observation. She followed him in. His eyes focused on the small girl, he didn't look through the two-way mirror until he heard her gasp. Still slumped in the chair, his arms still held behind him, was Musawi. New were the cuts on his forehead and a black eye that was nearly swollen shut. Leaning causally against the door, examining her fingernails, was Officer Ziva David. Gibbs smiled thinly; apparently, she had taken his command to make sure Musawi knew who he was dealing with seriously. Maddie's eyes were wide, still fixed on the terrorist in the middle of the room. Gibbs bend down and picked her up, using both arms to balance her on his hip. "He can't hurt you anymore," he repeated. "He can't hurt anybody. He's going away for the rest of his life, with people with big guns guarding him to make sure he doesn't get out. It's over." She nodded before burying her face in his neck, her eyes peeking out just enough to watch Musawi, memorizing the broken, caught man to replace her memories of the man who held a gun to her head, making her scream and making her mother cry. Gibbs didn't know how long they were standing there in Observation, neither saying anything as they both watched the unmoving scene in front of them. He hadn't been sure coming down here was such a good idea; seeing a beaten terrorist wasn't on the top of his list of activities to do with seven-year-old girls. However, most seven-year-old girls hadn't faced the kinds of terrors that this one had. The last seven-year-old girl he had held in his arms had lived a happy life, playing with friends in the backyard and learning how to sand a boat in the basement. Kelly's life had been free from terrors—right until the last few seconds. He used his free hand to stroke Maddie's hair, beginning to feel her relax in his arms. In the back of his mind, he wondered if his reasons for bringing her down here weren't more selfish than he initially thought, as if helping one little girl would make him feel less guilty about the one he couldn't help. Any such concerns were erased a moment later. "Thank you, Agent Gibbs," Maddie whispered. "Thank you for getting the bad guys." - AW!
alix33 chapter 28 . 6/16/2011
"The inside stained was with blood." - "inside was stained".