Reviews for Salt and Burn Him
kalina-blue chapter 1 . 11/25/2008
Great inside into Sam.
Twinchy chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
Intense and moving story about Sam's personal hell.

I agree on your theory of the younger hunter ditching his phone to ensure Bobby wouldn't find him despite his best efforts. And I don't believe we really have to argue about the older hunter's determination to keep an eye on Sammy and hold true to his promise to Dean.

That said, I'm sure it hurt Bobby beyond words to get left behind like that by Sam. On the other hand, Bobby certainly understood the boy's motives if not his means (that's why he probably forgave him eventually) - and would gladly have kicked Sam's behind time and again to help him find his purpose in the world.

You also offered a great description of the younger Winchester, caught in his hunt for revenge and generally mirroring his father's obsession to the T, down to his pushing away everyone he holds dear.
Dawn N chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
:-) Enjoyed the one shot! Also, looking forward to the sequel for "Dancing in the Dark"

Thanks!
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
You did confuse me, because i didn't think I had a Smarley on author alert, but it doesn't matter. Your writing is still as good as it was before that's what counts. Great story. Love Sam trying to keep Bobby save. Just sad that he had to be so alone during the four months. Can't wait for your next story. Hugs, Vonnie
Kellbella chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
That was a really good one-shot. Dark, angsty Sam was perfect, a little disturbing, but perfect. His double-edged sword of not wanting Bobby to get hurt and hiding his demonic gift was well done. Great job. :)
FraidyCat chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
Plot hole: Dean and Bobby found Sam because Dean had the GPS in his phone traced. If Sam threw away his phone and got a new one, there would be no way Dean could have done that. Hence, no showing up for Sam's surprise party. I'm a stickler for needing to be able to believe a story - up until that point, I was very interested, though! Definitely will be checking out future stories.