Reviews for Sol of Luna: Near and Far
Will This Night-Drag-On chapter 11 . 1/16/2012
And thus they became the Fellowship of the Near. XD

I'm sorry, I know that it's against some unwritten rule to review/comment halfway through fics that finished two-three years ago, but I had to say it. So, so sorry.
HeartlessYin chapter 13 . 11/26/2010
Amazing! Wish I could finish it all in one night, but it's already past 12 and I started at 6! Sure know how to keep someone trapped in your FFs!

Can't wait to continue reading, love every word so far! :D
xLunaxNightingalexDuskx chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
this is a wonderful story indeed. i even enjoyed the joke that Matt told the Sphinx about the squirrel and 90 year old man, it was abosutely hilarious.

i can't wait to start reading the sequel.

i also believe that Mello might be Sol and that a respectable friendship is starting to form between him and Near. Maybe even more when the story progresses...i don't know? But continue writing the way you are.

also have two questions:

1) Whatever happened to that demon that Near and Mello have encountered during the story? (You really don't have to answer this question)

2) Will the demon appear in the sequel?

P.S. Keep writing these awesome stories. i am enjoying reading your stories.

Luna Nightingale Dusk
magdilen chapter 27 . 11/24/2009
Hey, that was a lot of fun. I can't wait to see what you do next.

My one critisizm is, I saw a fair amount of typos, mostly switched letters and skipped words. Not the worse I've seen, but more than I like in a serious work like this. Do you have a beta?
Shebali chapter 27 . 11/3/2009
I've just finished reading the story and it's wonderful. It's a marvel, pure and simple. Obvious or not, I hope Mello is Sol though I won't be dissappointed if I'm wrong.

The special scene left me hungry for the next book, even more than the epilogue ;)

Moving to Four Winds now - hope you'll write the true sequel soon!
Shebali chapter 25 . 11/1/2009
I absolutely love this fic! Spent the last night reading it and don't regret it in the slightest :) Looking forward to see how it all works out for kids..
blankdelete chapter 27 . 8/19/2009
The ending is wonderful! Abosultely, positively wonderful Also, after all that they just went through, and with the character of Light added as a neutral figure in the outskirts of the plot, I'm convined he's Sol. It may seem obvious if mello is Sol and Near is Luna, but then it kills the Guildsmen part of the storert. mello grew, no matured as a character through combat, friendship, teamwork, and his ability to accept Near is higher than him and still tend to him as a guardian. Turning him into Sol would be hurtful, I think, and would take away the sheer Mello-ness of the character. it would say that he was born to be volatile, rude, rambunctious, and tempermental. However, if left as he is, it adds more depth to the character and explain development.

Light, however, seems to have been born the way is is. He has very interesting qualitites that can be paired up with the characteristics of the sun. He's calm before the final war, yet ruthless when the time is just right. he's helpful when he needs to be, he's caring when he feels it correct to be, and he does what he needs to do to get what needs to be done. Plus, he embodies the quality of patience, something the sun (or day) very much has. Since most human sleep during the day, it's paitence with the wrongs of man are rather endearing. Then, at night, everything quiets down to a whisper, and Sol can rest. A BIG FAT THUMBS UP FOR YOU!

Now, for that beautiful little surprise you gave us at the end...

Beyond Birthday vs. L. This is it. If this little part is incorporated into the story, I'll love you for it. However, if obssessive!insane!slightinlove!Beyond is also added into I guess hoping for an anvil dies out in chapter 22, but kid, you bring it back like a ton of bricks. Oh Lord, Beyond. I can just SEE a showdown between Light and Beyond for who has the better Shinigami eyes; Light's Ryuk or Beyond's accidental mishap at birth.

Now I'm off to read the prequel. Bless you for writing such a wonderful work of art.
blankdelete chapter 26 . 8/19/2009
Takada's dead, thanks to L's serious skills. Mikami's dead, thanks to Light's rather heartless revenge. This was a well-worked chapter. I like how it flowed with the previous chapter, but most of all... Light. Yes, Light. I assume, no, I think I may have just guessed who are dear and beloved Sol is on all of this. :)0
blankdelete chapter 25 . 8/19/2009
It's war time! Near's in the middle of it all, Light can care less, Mikami's on the verge of a breakdown, I'm still waiting for another Beyond anvil, and L's finally going into arse-kickery mode. Let the battle begin and the hilarity ensue!
blankdelete chapter 24 . 8/19/2009
A dream, an oath, and L. Great weave implantment.
blankdelete chapter 23 . 8/19/2009
I was right! Near is the God! :D Brillaint chapter-work here, kid. I love where your taking it!
blankdelete chapter 22 . 8/19/2009
Finally, they make it out... alive. I love the riddleing scene, very creative, and I like the punchlines you threw from time to time. :D This was a very well-done chapter.
blankdelete chapter 21 . 8/19/2009
No, Mello! Aw, do you have to torture him that much?
blankdelete chapter 20 . 8/19/2009
Gee, L (and I think the guy's really Watari) and the Emerald are being complete SOBs to the kids. Not funny, L.
blankdelete chapter 19 . 8/19/2009