Reviews for Albatross
IVIaedhros chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
Good stuff. Short, punchy and good emotion.
SuperNerdTeru chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
Cried a little-I loved the candid hint of selfishness laced through the thoughts of honor. Thanks for sharing.
inactive17 chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
I think, amazingly enough, this story has made me love Ashley. I've never liked her. But if I can keep this in mind when I play the game - well, I think I'll respect her a lot more. ) This story is amazing.
Bearit chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
So, Ashley my favorite, and I think you did her a whole load of justice with this story. It was absolutely wonderful. It felt like Ash-it was her voice, her emotions, her everything. Thank you for this great, great story.
C. Dawgz chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
Good job, the choice on Virmire is definitely a fascinating juncture for Mass Effect. Coincidentally, reading your story forced me to play my favorite song of all time, Iron Maiden's Rime of the Ancient Mariner. Good job with the Coleridge.
Skykhanhunter chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
Nice oneshot. Something I never got to see in my own playthrough, but something I would well have imagined. I wrote one for Kaidan called Kaiden's Last Stand. I know I spelled his name wrong, but I know better now. Anyway, great work. Loved the Rime of the Ancient Mariner references as well.

regards Skykhanhunter
Chosen of Mythal chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
Never had much love for Ashley, but you've done a fantastic job of fleshing her out and making her a truly sympathetic character. I really like the harsh realism and unexpected cynical humour, particularly the integrated theme of the Rime of the Ancient Mariner. Loved the ending as it was crushing but strangely hopeful (i.e. release). Brilliant. :-)
Fegli chapter 1 . 11/14/2008
Wow! Great job! I really love this kind of look into the characters' heads and you captured Ashley wonderfully!

And also: Shepard better save the damn universe. If he didn’t, Ashley was going to give him hell when they both got to Heaven.

Genius! So smart, so clever, but most importantly so WILLIAMS! And even though she mostly uses an assault rifle, the thought of Ash dying with a shotgun cradled under one arm is just so iconic!
elcor hamlet chapter 1 . 11/14/2008
Wow. Very moving, and very her. Thanks for this. I especially like the Rime of the Ancient Mariner throughout. And your last line is perfect.
Hesquidor chapter 1 . 11/14/2008