Reviews for Being There
Iscah McKrae chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
Brilliant. Every word brilliant. I love how you have painted Jess here, and Luke's perception of him. I've never seen a clearer portrait of his many attributes...the ones he'd developed even at the age when he lived with Luke in Stars Hollow. His character developed so much AFTER this point, and he just kept metamorphosizing into a more and more incredible individual, but his mettle, his character - it was there all along. Thank you for writing something that is such a clear tribute to this fact. It's positively beautiful!
Jeremy Shane chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
good story
heartfallen chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
Neat story. It was a pleasure to read
sunny214 chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
I love your story! And I hope that you will continue this. If not I wait for another great Story about Jess and Luke.

I love the part were you wrote Lukes thoughts about Jess. You really capture the true nature of Jess!

Thank you and keep up the great work!
alwaysimagined chapter 1 . 11/14/2008
Wow.. just wow. This story was exactly what I needed after a rough day. You have a gift. Thank you.
writergirl94 chapter 1 . 11/14/2008
aw this was really good.

i could totally really picture luke thinking all that.

great job, as always.

Christie chapter 1 . 11/14/2008
Great story! I thought it was very well written and you did a wonderful job with Luke's thoughts!
Daniela chapter 1 . 11/14/2008
Hey, this is a truly beautiful story you've got here!

I always like stories about Jess and Luke - even more when they've got a good relationship like you show in this. It focuses on just the two of them and shows Luke understanding Jess really well, maybe because in a lot of ways, they are fairly alike.

And it's really sweet and heartwarming to learn why Luke always takes his nephew on these fishing trips, and sneakily turning up the heat in the truck so Jess would fall asleep and get some rest makes you just go "Aw". Just like Jess looking innocent and childlike while asleep is so adorable ...

In short, I really love it and hope you'll write more about them (maybe even a multi-chapter story?)!
Polly chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
This was so sweet and insightful! The image of an innocent looking Jess asleep on Luke's shoulder is priceless. I'd love to be a fly on the wall during one of their fishing trips :-) I like how you've pointed out how Jess helps the town in his own screwed up little way. If only they'd start to realise it! But at least he has Luke.