Reviews for If I Were
Ori Lee chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
This was beautiful and kind of funny...I mean, they're practically thinking the same things; it really is too bad Edward can't read her mind
Sugargirl5 chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
This was wonderful and very different from anything I've ever read. Very, very well written.
nattycullen chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
aww that was really sweet. great job :D
flying vampire monk chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
wow. i haven't heard the song, but this was wonderful. very stirring.

bookish327 chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
YET AGAIN, you have amazing insight. I'd never thought about the duality of them not seeing themselves clearly in each other's eyes. Edward tells Bella in the books that she doesn't see herself clearly. In actuality, she doesn't see herself clearly through HIS eyes. And the same applies to how he sees himself versus how she sees him. Another way that they are perfect for each other: in this respect, they are exactly the same.

I love the following lines that you wrote: "He said I am perfect in his eyes. Is that possible? Does everything good and everything bad about me add up to someone who is perfect for him?" I've heard this idea before, but it was perfectly appropriate here in this context because each of them sees the other as perfect, though they are not blind to each other's more difficult traits, of course. (The other person's stubbornness when thinking he/she knows what is best in a given situation is one of the things that frustrates each of them the most, in my opinion. One example is the scene in the Cullen family's dining room near the end of NEW MOON. Bella is absolutely stubborn that she will become one of them so that they can be together forever, if the majority of his family agrees to it, and Edward is absolutely stubborn that her change would condemn her to eternal damnation, so he is utterly against it because of his love for her. Yes, that was a bit of a stalemate for a while there. Luckily, Edward thought of proposing in exchange for changing her himself. Who would have thought a marriage proposal would be the way to end an impasse? Only Edward, of course. :-) )
Charlotte Webber chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
What a lovely combination of poetry and prose! This sweet little one shot changed how I percieve Bella's and Edward's refusal to see themselves as they are seen by each other. They still don't trust each other enough to believe what they say about their love is true.
purelyromantic chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
It's beautiful! (I need another word for 'beautiful') I love this style you have used here. The way they echo each other's feelings and thoughts makes it so obvious that they are just destined for each other... This is what makes them such a wonderful couple-that they place the other first, over and above themselves. They both think the other is better. No wonder they never fight. Example to the world I think.

Thank you! I feel the same way about reviews so I uderstand where you're coming from ) That was a good suggestion for "I will never leave you'. I think I'll go back and re-do the wording a little bit. Thanks for pointing that out!
Reese1603 chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
this is amazing. You really have a way with words. It describes Bella and Edward completely. Neither of them see themselves clearly. I think if it weren't so, Edward could have never left in new moon. He would have known that Bella wouldn't have moved on.

kneon chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
This was truly romantic. I think we all feel like that, that we can never explain to one we love how deep that love is no matter how we try.
FiWaEaAi chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
... And someday they did... ;) Beautiful! I am sure this has happened between them...:)
cytpotter chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
:) I can't get this goofy grin off my face, need I say more? :)
Naymee chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
Very moving. Almost too sad knowing what was to come in New Moon. But it's alright now, I tell myself, They are happily married and it's all ok. (because they ARE real - in my mind...)
bellasblush chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
Rosie99 chapter 1 . 3/4/2009
I loved that! It's really good :)
Eebee chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
I absolutely love this song and I thought this was excellent. You highlight the frustrations they both feel in getting the other to accept how they perceive them perfectly. Well done.
42 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »