Reviews for Ultimate SpiderWoman: Change With the Light
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 78 . 2/23
Excellent as ever, and I'm very much looking forward to the introduction of Nate Grey. As a wise man once said, let the good times roll... :)
T-1000000 chapter 78 . 2/23
Hell, I would love to see Chameleon's reaction as one of Bazin or Crimewave's underlings corners him in a jail cell with a shank in hand...

...but at least he seems to be in the same weak position as the Goblin was when he had his syndicate, so it shouldn't be too hard to take him down alter.

Don't forget to review!
Neil Kapit chapter 28 . 2/10
Thoughts in order as I read it again;

1.) MJ's grief is touchingly and appropriately handled. The logical jusitification for why she feels it is that she failed to save him, since that's her duty as a superhero. The emotional "logic" is far less clear, as she still lost her father and that's still devestating, even though he's a total bastard. That's what makes domestic abuse so tragic; the abused can't entirely let go of their feelings for the abuser.

2.)The use of Story of a Girl by Nine Days is appropriate and adds flavor, even if the band never had another hit song.

3.) It's hard to feel sorry for Phillip Watson himself, especially with the flashbacks to his abominable treatment of his daughters. By the same token, it's easy to see how Steve Mark Levins could end up disliking MJ by association.

4.) Nice to see an appearance from Justin Hammer, true to his old form. It makes sense that he'd have mutants as clients, not because of his tolerance for all living beings, but because bigotry means losing potential sources of income. Pragmatic Villainy, as the trope would say.
Radio Driver chapter 77 . 1/30
T-1000000 chapter 77 . 1/19
Hipsters getting what they deserve is what I'll say about April getting her comeuppance; bunch of elitist morons who get all in your face about "MAINSTREAM SUUUUUUUUUUCKS!" while sulking in coffee shops.

And the Wicked Brigade are probably the most D-List fodder of all the Marvel villains; you know its bad when you, Jared, put a character already known for being on the D-List in the equivalent of a squash match.

Don't forget about the latest issue of The Pocket, and keep an eye out for the upcoming issue of Slender Man.
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 77 . 1/17
Loving the William Blake reference in the title. This arc is shaping up to be very interesting indeed...
Radio Driver chapter 76 . 12/26/2014
T-1000000 chapter 76 . 12/21/2014
Ironic how everything that provided Mary Jane's livelihood-the Gloom Room, the role-was unwittingly caused by the Rose.

Firebrand is perhaps even worse than Scorpia, since while Scorpia is obviously just plain deranged, Firebrand is imbued with the belief that he is better because he was born into privilege in New York. Hope he becomes quadriplegic.
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 76 . 12/21/2014
Excellent work, as ever - though I think the scene between MJ and Marie-Ange could have been a bit longer.

Also, Margaret Thatcher, while she was compared to the Wicked Witch of the West, it wasn't merely a smear - believe me, speaking as a Brit, she very much deserved it. She was a nasty piece of work, autocratic in style and willing to crush everyone who was unfortunate enough to be in her way. Everyone not with her was against her, and everyone against her was The Enemy. She was brave, undoubtedly, and achieved a lot. The unions did need to be called to heel. Maybe, like Churchill, she was the monster Britain needed. But that doesn't change the fact that she ruined tens of thousands, even millions, of lives.

Political diatribe aside, I'm very much enjoying this masterwork of yours. While I appreciate your habit of remixing canon and introducing your audience to villains that even I didn't recognise, maybe it would be a good idea to have her encounter some of the heavier weight heroes. If nothing else, I figure that Cap would see potential in both her and Peter, and maybe sound them out for Avengers membership. It would be a good way to contrast the glittering high life of the Avengers and the grander scale, nigh cosmic, of the threats they face.

Also, since you're a fan of using underused characters... any chance of an appearance from Nate Grey a.k.a. X-Man? While his powers are theoretically vast (like, Dark Phoenix range), in his early years they often flickered on and off, overloaded, etcetera, and Spider-Man ended up mentoring him. He also has one hell of a temper, comes from a fairly horrific background and happens to be somewhat cynical. I honestly think that Mary Jane would be a good mentor for him, as she's see a lot of herself in him.
Son of Whitebeard chapter 75 . 11/23/2014
wow this is a pretty mean feat Jared to get so many chapters
Radio Driver chapter 75 . 11/21/2014
iowaforever chapter 7 . 11/20/2014
Phillip Watson needs to die. Painfully.
Loving your work, as always (although I'm unsure if I like this or Ultimate Sleepwalker more... they're both so good)
TheGunmaster chapter 75 . 11/15/2014
This was awesome, looking forward to more, and I can't wait!
TheGunmaster chapter 74 . 10/16/2014
This... Was a spectacular chapter. Loved. Every. Second.

Felicia showing her true psychotic Colors was wonderful. Why do I get the sense she'll find a way to get back to the land of the living?

Hate is eternal Afterall...
T-1000000 chapter 74 . 10/13/2014
So now who's gonna be Venom? Angelo is dead, and as it was revealed early in Ultimate Sleepwalker, Eddie is still just working with the Bugle, and originally for Kingpin.

But at least everyone can sleep better knowing that Felicia has finally gotten her comeuppance and that her arrogance is about to unintentionally make the Rose pissed. Awesome chapter.