Reviews for Embrace of Infinite Dreaming
Wingedmidnight88 chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
This is a beautiful and stunning telling of what Rei sees and feels. I got a little teary eyed and remembered the scenes in the movie. I had never understood and there are many theories but I think yours is the most clear. Thank you for writing this.
Fanf1cFan chapter 2 . 10/13/2010
I feel I can legitimately review this one because I didn't contribute anything to it.

Finally felt like taking a break from crack-fic? Good. Not putting down the "Seasons" story at all, just happen to like the ones that more closely match the mood of the original series better.

I liked this chapter. It was well-written. But the POV and the mood were noticeably different from the first. I guess you can only take Rei's introspective monologue so far. Also, it doesn't feel like the final one . . . not enough of a build-up and climax. If you intend to add more chapters, that's a good thing.

Did as you suggested and looked up the song on YouTube. And yes, it does reflect your story very nicely (sniffle). Although I do like a lot of Judy Collins' music, in this case I like Bette Midler's version, or this one: www DOT youtube DOT com/watch?vEGO_tsiYeJc better.

Cheers!
Rose1948 chapter 1 . 10/10/2010
A very lovely and heart-shaking story. Thanks for sharing.
Haru chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
I am fighting back tears,here. That story was beautiful. Thank you.
Peanuckle chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
;_;

WAH! *snif*

Seriously though, great stuff.
Cryoxe chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
An incredibly raw tragic story, but at the same time beautiful and nicely written.
Storyteller of Dimensions chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
Very well written and I have to agree with everything that reviewers before me said.

You really should expand this into a longer story. Create your own post impact world and story in it. It would be nice if you did so.
dlight chapter 1 . 11/27/2008
nice,may be you should continue.
Theabraxas chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
This is very well written, and Rei is in-character. Its tragic and sad as Rei dies, but also hopeful and optimistic-as she said, 'I will not survive its dissolution. Atleast, not as I am. The future is unknown. With some surprise, I find that I can feel a small hope within me', implying that Rei might live on in some form, just changed.

As a result it lets readers feed off the sweet, sweet tragety of the scenario whilst also giving the possibility that there might be a happier future for Rei, whic stops anyone from actually getting depressed.

Maybe i'm reading too much into this, but who cares. Write more!
Fanf1cFan chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
The good:

A nice insight piece. It lessens the deep tragedy portrayed by the original EoE. I think that writing a piece like this would be very difficult, imagining yourself in the mind of Rei and bringing it off so well.

The bad, or at least, the not perfect:

Those of us familiar with NGE, particulary happenings involving Rei, will know why Rei is on the gurney and injured. Even so, I think a short paragraph noting the First Children's Unit 00 activation problems would make the transition from her school experiences to her being wheeled in to the cages a little smoother.

People keep writing about tears falling from a character's eyes in an entry plug. Tears in an entry plug full of LCL would be all but invisible, perhaps causing a little distortion as two liquids with different indexes of refraction mixed. I know it's in canon, but Gainax and Co. made that mistake. Their bad.
mangafreak7793 chapter 1 . 11/14/2008
it's sad yet so nice and peaceful and fulls a void instead of leaving a hole in your heart its a great story