Reviews for The Treasure of Captain Cannonsmoke
HitchcockPython chapter 31 . 10/3/2017
That was fantastic. I loved every minute of it. Having just learned to love Tracy in recent months, (my favorite villain is Flattop by the way) I was anxious and happy all the way to the end. To quote Mr. Knox (from "Fox in Socks") "Thank you for a lot of fun."
HitchcockPython chapter 26 . 10/3/2017
I knew it! It was Cheater Gunsmoke all along! Nice of Dick Tracy to drop by. And I think of four characters plus some "Retouchables" that should be showing up in the next chapter.
HitchcockPython chapter 5 . 10/3/2017
I am loving every minute of this story! I got a feeling that Cheater Gunsmoke is behind all this for three reasons...
1. He hasn't shown up yet.
2. The name "Cannonsmoke" sounds suspiciously obvious.
3. He's the only partner less villain that I know of from the sixties cartoon.
EmmetEarwax chapter 28 . 3/15/2017
Captain Cannonbreath Cheater Gunsmoke Chester Gould
EmmetEarwax chapter 20 . 3/15/2017
Sketch Paree ?
If I recall from reprint books, his speciality was a blob-mask dripping water which he used to DROWN his victims. His last murder attempt was Spyke Dyke who fired him some time ago.
Guest chapter 11 . 3/15/2017
In the Dick Tracy TV show, Dick Tracy only appeared at the start and the finish. He assigned some toon to chase down classic villains, disregarding their fates in the newspaper strips, doing petty crimes like robbing parking meters. One toon officer was offensive enough to be edited out:the Japanese caricature.

Joe Bolton was the host, and he overdid it one day. Never watched the show again.
Guest chapter 6 . 3/15/2017
Well, now - - - -
I wonder who the mysterious Captain Cannonbreathe is. I;ve an idea.
Sally chapter 1 . 9/16/2013
This is great
Maximara chapter 2 . 11/22/2012
It is real hard for a real Tracy fan to get into this story and the reason is in addition to using Tracy as a framing device for their own set of lame characters the UPA cartoon played fast and loose with Tracy's Rogue Gallery.

In 1960 Flattop, BB Eyes, Itcy, Oodles, Mumbles, Pruneface and Brow had been long killed off in the comic strip. While loopholes in three (BB Eyes, Mumbles, and Pruneface) would be used to bring them back the others were killed of in such ways (The Brow was impaled on a flagpole in 1944 for example) that they could only be brought back in flashback or via previously unknown relations.
TailsLovesCosmo chapter 27 . 9/14/2011
Nice story up to this point, but it's disappointing seeing the characters from the show where Tracy never did anything but talk into his two way wrist radio. Would have preferred seeing Tracy's actual team, including Sam Catchem and Junior, or even B. O. Plenty, Vitamin Flintheart, and Moon Maid.
TailsLovesCosmo chapter 5 . 9/11/2011
Stooge Viller was probably based on Edward G. Robinson. He was the one that killed Junior's father. When is this taking place?
TailsLovesCosmo chapter 4 . 9/11/2011
Where is Tracy all this time? These guys are experienced crooks and should realize no one would invite all ten of them onboard his ship unless he had plans to deal with them if they got out of hand.
TailsLovesCosmo chapter 2 . 9/11/2011
Interesting idea but real gold would bend just like lead.
princessebee chapter 30 . 1/3/2011
I enjoyed this story very much. It was fun and though very playful and even a bit silly (obviously on purpose), still made the bad guys feel like bad guys.

I think generally was just an overcrowding of characters. You write them all very well, but none of them had enough time. I'm glad you saw the story all the way through with a full plot and denoument.

Big complaint: not anywhere near enough Flattop. In fact, if you were to ever write a DT story again, I'd love a whole story just on Flattop. If you gave it a romantic plot/subplot, I would die of happiness. I cannot find ANY Flattop fanfic!
hopedream10 chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
WOW. Thank you so much for writing this and taking your time to upload this. I was a kid when "Dick Tracy" hit the theatres in 1990, and I was obsessed with the movie/the cartoon/comic. I use to always come up with stories about Mumbles and Stooge. You have captured all of the cartoon characters perfectly, and I could really hear Stooge's voice in my head when I was reading his lines. Thank you so much for this. I am just curious, and I hope you don't mind me asking, how old are you? I was 11 when I was watching the cartoon on channel 38, the summer that the movie came out. :)

Keep up the good work please!