Reviews for Blaze of Glory
K. kei chapter 1 . 3/17
Gorgeous. I feel like I don't deserve to even review. Stunning imagery and descriptions. Just beautiful.
iimagineyou chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
Beautifully written, and with a very pleasing flow all throughout.
LeLa London chapter 1 . 2/9/2011
Thanks for this gem of a story. It really was beautiful with all the vivid imagery and accurate characterizations you wrote.
geekbydefault chapter 1 . 9/14/2009
This was the first story I added to my Castiel community and it keeps popping into my head.

I love everything about it, the story itself, the way it's written.

Thank you for this, it's beautiful!
Blatantly Jennifer chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
Gorgeous. :)
alescA Munroe chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
I love this. Fabulous work, great characterizations, and I like how you describe the connection the two have.
Enyalie chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
It's not even worth touching your grammar because you're all over it.

Your imagery, diction, words! like this, from the start:

"the hiss of demonic snakes and screams of gutter souls..."

You give just enough detail for the reader's brain to form the image without getting tangled up in words. And such perfect words you combine to draw the picture. Fire and ice and the explosion that birthed the universe? Child's hands and woven cloth... I like it.

As for form, I love how you dive right in with the dive into hell, and later on how you fade out over several lines into that simple, quiet statement at the end.

Castiel... without making him human, without making him animal, you have managed to capture the mind and emotion and love that such a being must possess. I can hear his voice in there.

Finding this on a fanfic site... well, you've made me want to write more. And I've let my dinner go cold :(

I think you have a great sense for love, for everything real and human. Very perceptive. Very alive.

Well done.
fluting-through-life chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
That was too awesome! Amazing job writing this! I envy you!
Twinchy chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
Just a.w.e.s.o.m.e. and s.t.u.n.n.i.n.g.!

Castiel's sight of things really sounded very convincing to what one might believe of an angel's track of thoughts. Always celestial and devine in whatever he does.

What a brilliant line, "Eternal and immediate. Such is the nature of the infinite."
DeansBabyBird chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
Spiritual and violently beautiful imagery, wonderful. Thanks for sharing. DBB xx
PADavis chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
This is very moving and unique from the angelic consideration of earth, to his surprise at Dean's nature, and the realization that he didn't handle Dean correctly. I loved it.

doyouqueue chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
this is gorgeous! i absolutely loved how you described cass's connection to dean. excellent imagery as well.

all in all an excellent fic! well done :D:D

wildHUE chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
Beautifully written.
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
Just loved the imagery of the words here. I loved how you portrayed Castiel, going to Hell and rescuing Dean, giving him life again, handling him almost like a newborn child. The relationship between Castiel and Dean has always perked my interest, making me want more. Nice touch on the connection (or the beautiful illustration of a silver, thin but unbreakable thread) that is still interwoven between these two. It was interesting to see that Castiel was afraid how close he was getting to Dean, getting close to humanity, and how he simply gives his fear to his father and accepted it.
Ster1 chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
This was just...amazing. Such imagery and descriptive phrases-just too many to quote! And truly wonderful insights into both Castiel and Dean.

I just loved this!