Reviews for Secondhand Smoke
epalladino chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Interesting angst-filled oneshot. I really know little about the characters, but in such a well-written story that really doesn't matter. Thanks for the excellent read, Beth Palladino
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
Great story.
Serialgal chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
Ah - just what I needed after a long day. Very nice, and an interesting take on why Charlie immersed himself in P vs NP.
printandpolish chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
So this is kind of funny, because I was re-reading some of your stuff today, since I, too, am having Cat withdrawal. I really like this. Such a plausible explanation for Charlie's retreat into P vs NP - it makes so much sense that he would try to figure that out as a way to save Margaret.

Having lost both my parents to cancer, this feels very real to me. Nice job.
lilfiftyfour chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
That was really really Good! I've been in the mood for a story somewhat like this. Came at a perfect time. Excellent flow and grammatical structure! Great work!
Stoneage Woman chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
Very nice and angsty, and I liked your explanation for the P vs. NP. Well done.
OughtaKnowBetter chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
I always like the way you write
Caseyrocksmore chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
Aw... so sweet. I always wondered why Charlie turned to P vs. NP when his mother was sick... this totally made me cry. Mostly because I didn't think of it first. :) Great job, FraidyCat. A very, very good read.
Ms.GrahamCracker chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
Once again you have reduced me to a blubbering idiot.

This was a great little oneshot. It's true we often turn grief into guilt. It helps us cope, somehow, and it's easier to blame ourselves than to be angry with the loved one who died.

Thank you for a nice Saturday evening look at the Eppes.