Reviews for Healing the Healer
Blip-chan chapter 4 . 4/12/2009
Wow, there could be nothing mroe hysterical than watching a king deal with chickenpox. It was a briliant idea, and very well-exectuted too.
Stoneage Woman chapter 4 . 12/21/2008
LOL, this was so cute and hilarious! I'm so sorry I've been so neglectful about reading it! I've just been really busy, with exams, college, tests, assignments...you get the picture. This story was great. Now I'm off to read Alphabet of Arda...
Silivren Tinu chapter 4 . 12/20/2008
LOL! Poor Arwen and Faramir. I'm glad Aragorn finally came to his senses enough to apologize to Faramir. It certainly wasn't an easy situation for all of them. I'm very sure they all prefer Aragorn in the role of healer, Aragorn included! *g* The last sentence really made me grin - I can just imagine Faramir and Arwen rolling their eyes at hearing it! :D I enjoyed this story very much, Linda!
Virtuella chapter 4 . 12/20/2008
Right, for a start I am really impressed that you are quoting /Döblin/. He's not exactly an author that even Germans read very often (unless, of course, they study literature), so for a British person even to know him is a sign of some serious education. ;-)

This is just so, so typical. As soon as they feel the slightest bit better, they need to be entertained. That game of chess was very funny to read. Imagine it driving Faramir so mad that he would even bend the truth to escape it! "Never before had a meeting seemed so enjoyable to the Steward." Priceless! And Aragorn complaining about the scratching pen - that made me laugh.

The humour in this story is delightful, the psychology feasible and the moral message clear, but not overdone. I really enjoy these medium length stories that you write, they give the space to explore a situation leisurely and in depth, while still concentrating on a single point of interest.

Niggle:

"His gaze brightened" - I would put "Aragorn's" instead of "his", because otherwise it seems to refer to Faramir.
Siriusly Loopy chapter 4 . 12/19/2008
Aw. Go Aragorn! :D
JuliaAurelia chapter 4 . 12/19/2008
Glad to see Aragorn get well and this story come to a happy ending!
acacia59601 chapter 4 . 12/19/2008
Well, I'm glad Aragorn is better. And I'm astounded that Faramir only lost his temper once! Very impressive!
Lady-Roisin chapter 4 . 12/19/2008
Ah, how exciting! Another chapter of this wonderful story! I was so pleased to see you include the chess scene I helped you with awhile back. :-) That was fun! Aragorn truly was a difficult patient, but I was glad he came to his senses in the end. This was a most enjoyable story to read, and was very honored to share 1st place with you. :-)
Calenlass Greenleaf chapter 4 . 12/19/2008
Healers definitely make the worst patients. :) The part about the chess was funny, especially how Faramir was so eager to "escape!"

Thanks for the great story, Linda.

~Cal
slef chapter 3 . 12/13/2008
Hehehehe ... giggle. I can't help but enjoy this ... hahaha .. thanks for the laugh :D (M, am I being nasty to enjoy Aragorn's discomfort? ... Nah ... ;)
Raksha The Demon chapter 3 . 12/10/2008
I've seen all the Star Trek TNG episodes, but can't recall who was behaving like Aragorn - was it Picard? Anyway, I think Faramir should get special hazard pay and a trip to Imladris (courtesy of the King's treasury) for having to babysit petulant sick Aragorn while also ruling Gondor in the king's absence.

Great comedic touches!
black4minister chapter 3 . 12/10/2008
hahaha, poor aragorn, but even poorer arwen and faramir, they're sure to crack soon-or atleast arwen. patience only goes so far.

and there's more to come, i admit i thought this might be the last chapter, which would have been a pity.

so update soon eh? and we can have more grumpy aragorn, he's funny!
Silivren Tinu chapter 3 . 12/10/2008
LOL! I'm not sure whom to pity more - Aragorn or everyone who's trying to care for him. *g* He would certainly give me a headache, too! Luckily Faramir is both a patient man and a skilled diplomat. It seems to be true that healers are the worst patients. ;-) I hope for all of them that Aragorn will feel better soon!

P.S. I'm just re-watching the episodes of Star Trek TNG. I haven't reached "Up the Long Ladder" yet (I'm still in the middle of season one), but I'll certainly think of this story when I watch it now. :)
Sarahbarr17 chapter 3 . 12/10/2008
Aragorn is not the most patient of patients, is he? :) Bless.

A nicely amusing chapter.

Hugs,

Sarah x
Virtuella chapter 3 . 12/10/2008
"That I should be laid low by such an undignified ailment! The shame of it! None save those closest to me must ever hear that their King was felled by a childish malady!”

Ah, Aragorn is not without vanity. ;-)

“I cannot spend weeks playing in the garden!” Aragorn replied testily. LOL! And how he doesn't want any of the books! Very funny.

"Cirion should not have ceded territory to Rohan permanently, while Pelendur should have awarded the crown to Arvedui; in which case Aragorn would have been able to wed Arwen in his twentieth year." ROFL! Oh, this is absolutely hilarious...
59 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »