Reviews for As I Believe the Sun has Risen
Misty Blue chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
Ah, so true. So true. This world, seen by our eyes, can take away the real meaning of it all. Life and being alive. If we let it, it can blind us to that which we cannot see, but know is there. Very well said and written here.

Oh, Edmund was holding The Bible? I thought it was a journal or something, where he writes all his thoughts and such, England or Narnia related. Haha! Anyway, great fic!
Jesusrocks chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
This is an amazingly deep piece of work. And I love that it's Edmund's perspective. I love the Real magic and how well everything flows and you can feel his anguish at the very end for his sister. Truly amazing.
and music chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
"Real magic, the kind that exists only because it's true, that seems fantastical only because it belongs to the world as it should be, not as it is." I saw your commentary about this in livejournal (I don't have an account, so I'll be commenting here instead), and by the Lion's Mane-! (I've always wanted to use that ) This is an amazing piece! Short, but full of insight. The third paragraph had me gripping there. Every word was so beautiful. "... because it is irrational and incredible and so against the logic of the world that it must exist."

It's really sad seeing Susan distance herself from Narnia and Aslan. I do think she had a different kind of relationship with Edmund, seeing as they seem to be the 'darker' part of the family, if you get what I mean. I can't explain it, but I think you get it anyway. Thank you! Thank you for this wonderful, wonderful work! This is one of your best works yet!
Berserker Nightwitch chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
Hmmm... Leave it to Edmund to think through the deep thoughts. It makes me sad that we, people/Christians/humanity, force ourselves to give up our child-like, all-encompassing faith as we grow older. Thank you.
s. du jour chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
I loved this. I can tell you had a lot of passion while you were writing it. Everything just... flowed.

(Except for a minor case of missing spaces in your third paragraph :P )
CherylSongbow chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
There really isn't anything to say that I haven't said before. A very good story.
bookwurm23 chapter 1 . 9/26/2009
Oh, I really like this one. It is so true, too.

It's easy to believe when it's right in front of you... It's also easy to stop when it's gone.

Beautifully written! Actually, all of your Narnia fics are beautifully written; they're wonderful! So you'll probably be hearing from me in a couple reviews. :)

God bless you and yours,

P.S.: On your profile, you asked to be told if you were over the top with the Christianity themes - don't worry about it, you're doing perfectly. If non-Christian people don't like it, they don't have to read it; they just don't know what they're missing. I think, however, that it's marvelous. :)
Taryn Streambattle chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Well done!
priscipixie chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
If you can take a dense bit of philosophical reasoning and put it within a skeletal framework of fiction, and still make it such a gripping reading experience, you're a genius. On the lines of Lewis himself.

Thank you! That was a great one-shot. I think my favourite line was this: "Real magic, the kind that exists only because it’s true, that seems fantastical only because it belongs to the world as it should be, not as it is." Why do people find it so hard to believe good news is true, when they're so willing to believe the bad?

Your story is very tightly written, no superfluous words messing up the flow, with an occasional hint of poetry lending majesty to the prose. I also like the way you put Edmund's actions in italics and his thinking in normal font, reversing usual style. To me, that symbolises the point of the story: it's what is within and beyond - the true magic unseen and unheard - that really counts, not the visible, tangible actions you see.
hugs and puppies all around chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
Poor Susan. I like to keep thinking that she did make it back to Narnia in the end. This was great.
Kathryn G chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
That was so beautiful! My fav story that connects Aslan to Jesus. Loved it.
Amira Tair chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
Wonderful quote, wonderful title and wonderful story!

It was short but dense, deep. You are able to suggest a lot in so few words. I agree it is similar to your other story, but I think I prefer this one. This line 'in truth because it is irrational and incredible and so against the logic of the world that it must exist.' was my absolute favourite, I have always thought the same.

I loved this. Really.
Bundibird chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
Dude. I loved this. Lots. Lots and lots. I loved the way you wrote it - "We believe in Narnia, believe in Aslan, believe in the True Magic, despite its irrationality; in truth because it is irrational and incredible and so against the logic of the world that it must exist."

This was brilliant. Well done. :)

Love Bundi
Ilada'Jefiv chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
Beautiful piece! It's just like Edmund to think so deeply. I believe, even though it was a short oneshot, that you kept him perfectively in character. Excellent job! God bless! ~Ila
Eve Royal chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
That was very, very sad. I'm glad you brought in the Bible, as subtle as it is, but it was still very sad. Susan's plight always makes my heart ache. And it hurts even more through her siblings eyes, because they love her.

Good job.