Reviews for Swallowing Stars
JynxGirl chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
This is such a sad, yet very realistic portrayal of life with an abusive alcoholic. :(

Poor Booth. :(
Chicklit chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
Excellent - You've clearly been there. I have some familiarity with the subject as well, and the moments that got me were the sound of ice hitting the glass and little Seeley counting how many refills. Fortunatley I didn't grow up in an abusive environment, but to this day the sound of ice hitting a glass makes me come to attention.

I just have one question, and that's the very end. Why do you have the nightmare sending Booth off to pound a few shots? He's not much of a drinker - are you saying he's a closet drinker in the privacy of his own home? The motivation seems unclear. If anything, I'd expect the nightmare to put him off drinking altogether. I have a few friends who grew up with alcoholic parents and they refuse to touch the stuff.

Anyway, great story, very believable. Thanks!
dawnsfire chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
It certainly feels very real, esp in light of your A/N.

I like the view of Booth as a little boy. It does seem to be what he might have been like at that age.

"Swallowing stars." I like the imagery you've brought to that. It's connected to the advertising of champagne-"I am tasting stars." Something light and bubbly and lovely, in other words. But in reality, stars are hot and fiery, so swallowing them would not be the pleasure implied.
Melissax3 chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
aww thats really sad but really good
LooseSeal chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
You made me cry.

My first time reviewing you, but not my first time reading your work. You have a really keen attention to detail and character, and a very vivid imagination. It's an understatement to say that I'm impressed.

Thank you! Oh, and very much looking forward to an update on "Pretty Woman in the Pumpkin Patch".
35 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3