Reviews for The World Keeps Burning
ManySkills chapter 11 . 4/30/2014
This affected me in a way not much fanfiction has done. I wanted to cry. I wanted more.
Thank you and ... keep writing! Please!
stripeypirate chapter 11 . 3/13/2013
I LOVE your portrayal of Cas. A lot of people forget that he's a SOLDIER and not exactly cuddly (especially in season four). Also, the alternative handprint idea was pretty cool. Well done!
Allegra chapter 11 . 12/29/2012
I always love your SPN stories and was so excited to find one that I haven't read. I love your intertwining of Dean's horrific experience in Hell with the current bout of his flu, all without compromising your 'hunt' concept. It was gripping as well as emotionally rich. Thank you for such a wonderful read. I really hope you have another story in the pipeline/your brain to bring out the angst in those Winchester brothers!
Guest chapter 11 . 7/5/2012
You captured a story which made me laugh and made me cry. Great job! I look forward to reading more from you!
FallenAngel218 chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
Your story was good. I had hard time trying to figure out how much time had passed between certain events. When Dean came home from the bar...was this the same day he woke up on the couch? You should indicate passage of time by dividing your story into little sections:

Dean shouted in horror. Bobby was dead.

SPSNSPNSPNSPN

Dean strode into the house hours later, drunk.

Something like that. It's easier to see that some time has passed. :)

Otherwise, good story! I would also make bobby say "idjits," instead if "eejits."
justlikeswimming chapter 11 . 2/8/2011
This was a beautiful story, bluenettle - wonderful characterizations! You hurt Dean so good, with just the right amount of comfort from Sam. Castiel was downright scary, but I agree with your assessment of his detachment from Dean's discomfort at that stage of the series. Since I'm reading it so late in the game (fairly recently got turned on to SN the series and am making up for lost time with the fanfic), the story has some pretty strong AU elements, but that doesn't weaken the impact. I loved the storyline - you did such a great job! I don't know if you'll ever get this review, but this is a strong vote of confidence for your writing, and a plea for more, more, more! Thanks for such a great fic . . .
PhoenixDragonDreamer chapter 11 . 5/21/2010
YES...this was a beautiful fic! Thank you for sharing it with us...poor Dean.

*hugs*

Mandy
Kaet Huntacwene chapter 11 . 5/16/2010
I really enjoyed this story. I like how Sam and Dean can't save everyone and that both choices were bad ones really.

I particularly like the bit in the epilogue when Castiel is explaining why it was better that they didn't burn the school and Dean's reaction. You write Castiel very well.
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 11 . 3/24/2010
Pretty good DD

I think Dean is more affected because of hell than he shows in the series... xD And your fanfic kinda looks like you agree with me, right? ~

Well, see ya next, then o/

Rosetta
Mad Maudlin's Dirty Toes chapter 11 . 6/20/2009
Oh, I like this! I had just been thinking about how I'd really love a story set before Yellow Fever that dealt with Dean and his time in Hell and this hit the spot. Nice writing, good case, and a strong determined Dean - no matter how battered he may be. I like your Sam and Castiel also. Well done!
TheKritty chapter 11 . 4/9/2009
Hey there!

Did I already comment on your story? I don't know honestly...but who cares...

I really love this story so freaking much! Seriously, I LOVE it! It's perfekt, really, it is. There is so much angst and hurt!dean (huh, and I love panicking!dean...*sighs*)...and this dean-has-changed-from-season1!dean-into-season4afterhell!dean - aspect (what a sentence..-.-').Hope you get what I mean *sighs*. Uh, and that Tim kid - that was one creepy and spookey kid *whoa*. Honestly, there was sth like a film before my eyes, your style of writing is so amazing and fantastic...dunno what to say now :)

Keep writing like that, really. And again: Love this story (and I SO laughed about the ending...hardass!Cas is great and this ending with him laughing about Deans answer full of deanism is so hilarious!)

Greetings from germany,

Kritty
ChampagneWishes chapter 11 . 4/3/2009
I loved how you entangled the fever with the fire so it was hard to tell sometimes where the flu ended and the memories of hell began. Great job!
PADavis chapter 11 . 2/3/2009
Very glad to see a wrap up- well not to have the story over, but an update, even if it was the last chapter ... heck. Liked this, very much. Nice indeterminate ending with Castiel too. Great job on this fic - enjoyed it start to finish.

Phoebe
LJR chapter 11 . 2/2/2009
Very good!
annie200 chapter 11 . 2/2/2009
Dean's anguish and desperation are palpable in this story. Not a comfortable read but a very well executed one, and very in tune with the darkness of series 4. You really made Dean's pain and fear that he can't do "his" job real. I found myself holding my breath in some scenes. Great writing.