Reviews for Indecorous Relations
TolkienScholar chapter 1 . 9/20/2016
This is a very well reasoned and well put together fic, which is obvious from both your explanatory author's notes and the fic itself. I like your choice of the names, and you do a great job of including their lingo, like the use of "Ford" where most people would say "God." The "model of promiscuity" is just the sort of ironic phrase that pops up in this universe regularly because of their skewed values.

Two things really stuck out to me about Thomas's "voice." One is his absurdly sterile attempt to be romantic: "a thousand violent passion surrogates," and the way he hopes their remains will fertilize the same tree because it was her favorite kind. Ugh. The other was how selfish he is. Everything is "I": I'm in a compromising position, I'm teased by my peers, I would be banished if anyone knew about this. And then, perhaps most significantly, he expects her to forget this "as if it never happened." He doesn't consider that she is the one who will have had something inside of her destroyed, that she will have to live with this far more than he will. It's all so selfish. Your portrayal of him is so well done; he's despicable.

Thanks for adding this to the story arc; I feel like it belongs quite well in this universe. Well done.
Saavikam69 chapter 1 . 12/13/2014
Very good fanfiction. Thank you. I enjoyed seeing the current then the past letter.
Shewhowillnotbenamed1 chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
I also cannot imagine the director writing a suicide note because even Helmholtz could not fathom writing anything relative to emotion. Despite this, I thought that the story was well written, and you were able to apply a bit of Huxley's style to your writing.
Tassel630 chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
Wow. I am impressed by the degree to which you thought that (the names, etc.) through.

I honestly couldn't see the D.H.C. writing a suicide note like that because I expect he'd be too ashamed... then again, it's not as if it's a secret any longer. Still, it was well-written and I think it portrayed his character perfectly. "...my . . . my . . . Even now my conditioning prevents me from saying this obscenity: he was my son." Great portrayal. (By the way, there is a typo in that same line.)
greengrouch chapter 1 . 1/30/2009
Amazing... I loved this perspective you've given, very interesting. :D
raemevlin chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
I really enjoyed this look at the DHC and Linda's relationship - I think that Huxley deliberately left them surname-less to show the loss of identity caused to people in the World State. This was a really well written look at one of my favourite books. Thanks
Elemarth chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
Very interesting!
Ekuk chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
Very interesting. I haven't read Brave New World in years. I'll have to go take a look at it then re-read your story. I liked it. Great work.