Reviews for Wave o' the Sea
rbear1231 chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
i have read a few moody minie storys but u always seem to sell it better then anyone with u i can beleave it
JustFishy chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
*snip*

Behind him, Harry heard the kitchen door open, and Hermione gripped his hand in a panic. They huddled into the shadows of the staircase as best they could, but Harry knew it was hopeless: they were trapped. He felt as if bludgers were bearing down on them from both sides. They would be discovered, and there would be no possible explanation they could offer for skulking about like this. Molly would kill them first. . .and Mad-Eye would help her. . .and, after she heard the whole story, McGonagall would pounce on their sad carcasses like the predator she was.

*snip*

OH I laughed my arse off at that ... and the guns/puns/nuns bit ...
Kyria of Delphi chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
This is absolutely beautiful.
Devilish Twinz chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
Wow...hehe...this must have given Hermoine a shock...
rgrayjoy chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
E, this is so awesome and adorable!

Of course I love the view of Minerva and Alastor in their younger days and outside of their professor/Auror/Order member roles. They're very plausibly them while being examined in a very different situation.

I adore Moody here. He's as passionate and intense as one would expect him to be, yet there are hints that there's a gentleness to him as well. I love the dancing moment, and that he can still be graceful and charming when properly motivated!

And I love love love that Harry and Hermione are watching this, drawn to this in fact - and not solely out of curiosity, I think. So, so well done. 3
JUJUChick16 chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
Not bad...I would have liked to have gotten more at the end, but it leaves me thinking which is always good. Another great story I have read of yours!
Chemistress chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
Wow, the Molly / Alastor- "discussion" of Minerva is just absolutely perfect!

And the rest is fine, too, of course
tetleybag chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
Someone said something about this being red-letter week in fanfic, and she just might be right.

I wonder why I've never read this before...it's wonderful! I've always been a bit miffed why Minerva wasn't in the original Order picture when she /must/ have been in the Order, but you more than made up for that lapsus on Ms. Rowling's part. Moody's voice is great, and that irritating, infuriating, interfering Weasley woman is spot on, too!

/"Amelia Bones says that Minerva and. . ."/ YES? I'm listening?
IjaIjevna chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
It's brilliant. Brilliant, upbeat and wonderful. And what a pairing! It fits flawlessly.
Charlie.aus chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
I loved the way you put this together. It was very artful
dhawthorne chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
A great story! Thanks for sharing :D
Headmistress X chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
In the photo to which the Author's Note refers, Dame Maggie impersonates the Goddess Thetis; mother of Achilles, defender of Zeus, and nurturer of heroes.

(Tried to write a full review, only to discover that it is significantly past my bedtime. Will try again soon.)
the real snape chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
Wonderful story! I can just see Minverva and Alastair being young and fierce and in love and both utterly stubborn Scots so of course it would not last.

The white dress? Makes you wonder when Minerva changed to all those tartans ... and why. Fond memories of someone Scottish?

And Moody, never quite coming to grips with the 'school is not real life' stuff. Like, transforming a student (and that little confrontation is just in tune with your story too, really convincing) and now telling them this!

And Molly too, just in character! Great!

Look forward to your other stories. McG/Umbridge though? Well, if anyone can pull it off, it's you!
Gynji chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
Well I for one am glad that your inner romantic overpowered your outer grim! I've read this 3 times now just to let it sink in and even though it is war Molly is right us students would freak if we thought our teachers had a life hehehe admittedly with saying that 'Because of death, Harry thought. Because of death and life and dancing' says it all!.

More power to the Inner!

Looking forward to more stories

Gynji
aptasi chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
Nice concept, great job. I the connection to the book made it very realistic.