Reviews for The Loss of the Order of Merlin
whitehound chapter 1 . 1/31
Yes - he was knocked out for the best part of an hour, and the irrational rage, spitting when he spoke etc which he showed that evening are all symptoms of concussion.

It occurs to me for the first time that that business with the Order of Merlin was JKR playing mind-games. She makes the whole business of Snape being given and then not given a medal in PoA seem comic - but at the end of the series we get confirmation that he was the bravest of all.

And really, he still did a very brave thing going into the Shack to confront the two people who had nearly killed him as a boy, and whom he believed were in league with the Dark Lord and about toi kill Harry, even if he *had* got the details a little confused.
Mistress DragonFlame chapter 1 . 12/7/2014
Poor Severus.
artemis2012 chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
I agree that this is written very well, with Snape being in character, and really coming to life in the story. I am going to read other stories of you.
MrsPeelWe'reNeeded chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
A great story. Very well written.
Swallow B chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
Hey, thanks for taking care of Severus after he was so sorely neglected in Canon. Now I'll take him back... Only joking, of course.

I like that one of the Weasleys was in the hospital wing at the time. Was it Ron? Did what he saw have any influence on hisfeelings? Probably not. Brat.

I doubt Severus really cared about the Order Of Merlin, though. I think his fury had more to do with Dumbledore's consistent siding with Sirius. Snape's intention had been to save Harry's life from someone who had tried to kill him as a teen-ager, someone he believed was a dangerous murderer. He had got badly injured in the process and here was Dumbledore making fun of him after having enrolled Harry's help to make Sirius escape. That would enrage anyone.
Theresa Alice chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
Awwww!Damn Potter is right! This is a fantastic image of Snape! *angst angst angst. I love it!
sevenphoenixtears chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
Love! This is Snape perfectly. Stubborn, sarcastic, infuriating and angry, yet he can still compose himself when he needs to. I love the relationship between he and Dumbledore. This is a great story and I would love to see more like it. Thank you.
wokanshutaiduo chapter 1 . 11/4/2011
Great story :). Love this insight into how Severus may have been feeling that night!
hairballl26 chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
"No, I will not have you passing out somewhere in the hallway; doing more damage to yourself. And heaven help you if you were to be discovered there unconscious by one of the Weasley twins," he added. - I loved this line, it's great, i think you could write a whole little story with this idea ;)
Catherine McBain chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
Normally, I don't stray into SS fanfiction as my area of interest concerns R.J. Lupin. But this fic is good, as good as I've been told. So I'm glad I took a look at it.

I might have to start reading your fics more often, as they contain a great wealth of detail and emotional expression. Never been a Snape fan before, but I'm willing to learn and try. _

Thanks for writing this. I'll poke around through your other fics and see what you have to offer.
Dragon MoonX chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
Silver Star started poking me to get me to read your fics, and I can see why. This is quite good actually.

I can tell that you have true talent as a writer, as the quality of this is certainly above average. You're good at describing events and emotions, and you've kept Severus just as stubborn as he always is. Very well done.

Now, who gets to pamper our injured little prince and tuck him in for the night? ;)
sevissick chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Loved this story! Poor Snape, obstinate to the end, even with a concussion. Very gladly added it to the Best H/C Stories community. Thank you for sharing it with us!
AfraidOfFalling chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
Magnificent!

Hehe; I find it funny that he actually did care about the Order of Merlin. But I agree that he'd have minded at least a little bit.

For some reason, even though I wondered and worried about how the other characters just left him out cold on the floor without checking him very closely, I never considered that he was hurt badly by the encounter-probably since I knew he had succeeded in placing them on stretchers, taking them to the hospital wing, walking and talking, and having a fantastic and thoroughly justifiable tantrum without displaying any physical weakness at all. Silly me: Snape's always been good at hiding his true feelings, and that tantrum would have exacerbated a minor headache to a splitting one, with or without a concussion.

A splendid characterization of Dumbles and Snape; I especially loved your view of their relationship: the resentment and anger, the care, the way they both accept their respective roles in the upcoming war, etc.

And of course, I loved all the angst! ;D
Overhill chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Very well done. When Dumbledore was referring to himself as Severus's friend, my first reaction was that he never was his friend, which Snape pointed out in the next paragraph. That Dumbledore still continues to care puts it a bit AU, but he does help him to the hospital wing and Vanishes the vomit along the way, which I would expect him to do.
Sindie chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
Aw, that poor man! :( You know, I always felt badly for Severus in PoA during that whole Shrieking Shack scene, and it's so sad that he had to die in that awful place ... where he was almost killed as a teen. I could always tell how bitterly disappointed he was when Dumbledore seemed to believe Harry over him. And the fact that Severus was injured so severely, and Sirius thought it would be amusing to knock his head against the ceiling of the passageway as they exited! :( I'm glad to see that Poppy took care of him here. I always imagined that she would be like a mother to him, having to look after him numerous times over the years and truly caring about him. I loved this!