Reviews for Alphabet of Arda
Deandra chapter 20 . 5/23/2009
*snicker* I think I thought the same about history at one time or another!

Faramir picked up the book studied it. “These people were your longfathers, Turgon, your great-great grandfather, for example, saw Sauron again take up residence again in Mordor.”

You seem to be missing "and" before "studied" in the first sentence, but fortunately fixing it won't miss up your word count because you have an extra "again" in the last line ("Sauron again take up residence again").

Virtuella chapter 21 . 5/19/2009
It's good to see that even men can think with their moral conscience and not just with less exhalterd body parts! ;-)
Virtuella chapter 20 . 5/19/2009
Ha, Elboron is too easily beaten! To his father's reproach “Had Turgon not lived, you would not be here today,” he could have so easily replied, "Great, I can think of better places to be." But of course, he is an amiable child, and not such a cheeky monkey as I. ;-)
JuliaAurelia chapter 21 . 5/19/2009
Aragorn faithful in the face of temptation-loved this!
JuliaAurelia chapter 20 . 5/19/2009
Daddy Faramir helping out his son when the typical anti-history complaints show up!
Silivren Tinu chapter 21 . 5/19/2009
Now that was a narrow escape. ;-) I wish more men were as steadfast in the face of temptation as Aragorn! And I'm glad he did not have to remain forever alone, after all. That would have been such a sad fate.
Silivren Tinu chapter 20 . 5/19/2009
LOL! I have a feeling Elboron will find history lessons much more interesting from now on. *g*
acacia59601 chapter 21 . 5/18/2009
I really liked this one shot, it has a lot more emotion than most of the others! Good job!
Tracey Claybon chapter 21 . 5/18/2009
I always enjoy your depictions of Aragorn, and this story did a great job of showing that although he is a paragon among men - he is still a man; he is, however strong enough to resist temptation, unlike most.

Good addition to the Alphabet.
Stoneage Woman chapter 19 . 5/17/2009
I enjoyed these last few oneshots, especially the ones about Pippin. The querrelous Quickbeam one made me laugh a little, in spite of how sad it was- the image is kind of funny. I also liked the Aragorn/Faramir moment at the end. Nice!
Deandra chapter 19 . 5/16/2009
Nicely comforting of Aragorn. I can imagine it would be difficult for Faramir to come to grips with his father's actions, regardless of any difficulties they may have had between them in the past. He is not the bitter type.

Well done!

Deandra chapter 18 . 5/16/2009
Nice to see that the challenge inspired you to bring in lesser used characters from Tolkien. Likely much could be done with Radagast, if someone was willing to attempt it.

Animekitty47 chapter 18 . 5/14/2009
How cute! XD
Virtuella chapter 19 . 5/14/2009
I like this one, too. Denethor is a tricky character to get to grips with.

BTW, Gogol did a wonderful little piece on how the grief for Finduilas first prompted Denethor to use the Palantir. It's called "The Eyes of the World." I think you'd like it.
Virtuella chapter 18 . 5/14/2009
Aw! How sweet. I wish we knew more about Radagast. He seems a terribly neglected character.
151 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »