Reviews for Gears of War: Consequences
ChristasiaJ chapter 23 . 12/3/2013
Very excellent story
ArtanisRose chapter 23 . 11/28/2010
HELL TO THE YES! You did a FANTASTIC job with this story. You kept the action well paced with the drama and it had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Thank you, thank you, thank you for this story.
MyFantasiWorld chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
Truthfully, when I saw your story, I felt skeptical that it wasn't going to be so different than the other stories I've read around her, but when I read the first chapter of this, I had to go back to my word.

This story is very awesome! I got to at least find more time to read this so I can follow through it! Keep it up, though, you're doing an excellent job! Your writing skills just amaze me!
Jonesybites chapter 20 . 9/27/2009
Interesting theory of the origins, and now the repercussions are now floating to the surface to come back and bite humanity in the rear. Kudos.

Again, I still feel the split POV’s kinda breaks the flow, but then again, nobody else seems to have any issues about it so I will say no more.

There are, at times, that I don’t know who is saying what, not so much in your last chapter, but throughout the story (I had to catch up on the other eighteen chapters, lol).
Kurt Cooper chapter 19 . 9/20/2009
I have just read up to this point and have found this read to be very fun and exciting just gutted i got to this point and the story was not finished...however i look forward to your next chapter and cant wait to find out what happens.
Jord chapter 19 . 8/19/2009
A great intermission here - and a successful prelude to what is to come. I'm glad to see that you didn't crash straight into action scenes but chose, instead, to dwell on Marcus' and Dom's thoughts before this final confrontation with the Locust. Dom's poignant reminiscing of Maria was really touching, and like I've said before, these are the moments when I wish that she didn't die in GoW 2. To credit my naivety, I still partially cling onto the hope that the woman Dom found wasn't his wife, but that would then imply that Dom's a lousy husband, now wouldn't it?

I was a little surprised to see the Queen's final moments here - or at least, what seems to be her final moments. A part of me wishes that she doesn't die, and I don't know if that's because some kind of retribution is deserved here or not. I'm also curious to see if you're going to shed some light on the deciphered Locust texts. I think you mentioned that you're going to get into that later, so I'm pretty eager to read that when it comes. A nice chapter so far! I'm looking forward to this story's climax!
Jord chapter 18 . 8/18/2009
Ack! Did I never review chapter 18? I was totally under the impression that I did. Well, I shall remedy that now.

Anyways, like I've told you before, your plot is getting meatier chapter by chapter. I am mostly anticipating how you are going to explain the origins of the Queen and how she managed to lead the "tampered" Locust into the war. I despise Niles already for trying to use her as a weapon, but in true mad-scientist fashion, he's got no scruples or conscience and is hell-bent on using her for his own ends. I'm sure though, that a gruesome punishment awaits him.

I also enjoyed the conversation between Grace and Randall. While her past is pretty dark, it doesn't come as a surprise seeing as how everyone has felt the blow of loss in the GoW world. Part of me wished that Randall never did die, as losing a loved one is so freaking hard to deal with. I can also see that - since she loved him so much - it's very, very difficult to get over him, and even harder to envision someone else taking his place in her life. You're captivating that side of her emotions well.

I hope that chapter 19 arrives soon. Yes, I'm pestering, I know.
ElsbethRurouni chapter 2 . 8/11/2009
I like how your story is going and you have a good command of the language and grammar. However I think you might be moving a little too fast. I would enjoy more focus on the events going on because then it does not feel as rushed. But maybe your upcoming chapters will incorporate this so I hope I'm not being too prejudgmental. Don't feel bad though, your characters are pretty true to the game and this is pretty rare in most stories. I will read more tonight and see how the story is going.
Jord chapter 17 . 8/3/2009
Hooray! You updated!

Sorry for the delays in beta work, but I think you did yourself proud with this chapter. Things are coming along nicely and fluidly. You're walking at a lovely steady, pace when it comes to the developing relationship with Baird and Jamenson, you're not rushing it but it isn't stagnant either. I like how you're also trying to "keep it real" with Jamenson's feelings for him, it's obvious that her thoughts are being tugged at from opposing directions - and that his presence is pretty prevalent for it to compete with her obligations to the COG and such.

I also really enjoyed the reminiscing scenes at the end; while they were definitely sad, I liked the insight, and immediately took to Randall's character. I hope to see more of it in the next couple chapters too.

As for the developing scenario with the human-created Locust vs the um..."older" Locust, I like how this is enfolding. I really dig reading the explanations you're putting in regarding the Locust texts and such, and again, I hope to read a lot more of that later on. Good work so far! Keep writing!
Jord chapter 11 . 8/2/2009
This is more of a comment on the previous review (since I can't do the repeat review thing on this site).

While I will agree that every writer should be granted the freedom to write about whatever they want, I really don't see the creation of a female OC as being that heinous of a crime! Yes, they're plentiful, I'll give you that. But like I was telling another author in a review, this abundance doesn't mean that this is necessarily a bad thing, given that the author puts in double the effort at making their creation believable. I too, had initially planned on developing a female OC, but I felt daunted by the number of them on this site, so I switched to a male OC and made him a side character instead. So, I think you've got the guts to tackle this common phenomenon, as opposed to me, who took the easier route by chickening out. There are instances where dearths need to be filled, while similarly, commonalities need to be made unique.

It is obvious that you're trying hard to avert Jamenson's tendencies from that of your typical Mary-Sue. Your efforts at striving for such an atypical individual should be lauded. At least in my opinion.

While I do enjoy reading about canon characters, I simultaneously like reading innovative pieces as well. OCs too. Because this gives you an opportunity to stretch your imagination and flex those creative muscles!

But then again, I'm not "most people", and in all likelihood my voice will be drowned out amongst many. However, I have a right to say what I think, just as you have the right to creating your own ideas.

In other words, keep up the good work. And I'm sorry for having to write this comment in your review section (feel free to delete it - it won't offend me in the least), but I felt strongly that this needed saying.
Matian chapter 8 . 7/31/2009
Alright story, although introducing your new OC annoys me something fierce. What's the problem, you may ask? Despite that 99 percent of all OCs end up as Mary Sues, I don't really want to read about another one, not right now at least. In particular I can't stop myself from wondering why in the world you would insert an OC into the story? It was progressing nicely with a minimum of errors (although you really should look up the word Colonel), until this.

I realize of course your right to create your own characters, but just remember most people want to read about their favorite fandoms and the characters within, not original works.

I won't be following the story anymore, but good luck with it, none the less.

- Matian
Jord chapter 16 . 7/23/2009
Pretty good! I like the bit at the end especially, because this does explain the ancient structures found underground - that we get to see in GoW 2.

The character interplay seems to be coming along nicely as well. I particularly liked the conversation between Dom and Anya. I would have liked to see a longer one between Baird and Jamenson, but I think you're probably going to delve into that in chap 17. Nice work so far!
Johnnyhellion chapter 15 . 7/22/2009
I didn't see this update, damn! I dunno how I could have missed it. A great chapter here. I do believe your subsequent chapters are getting better and better. Too bad about Gracie though. Locusts are f-ing arseholes. No doubt there.
AirKing chapter 15 . 7/20/2009
nice chapter, I really liked the romance.
ChrisX7 chapter 15 . 7/19/2009
I really enjoyed Chapter 15 and the whole entire fiction since the start. I really liked the dramatic back-story during Chapter 15. And it's cool how Baird and Gracie always have something 'cocky' to say to each other. I'm awaiting Chapter 16. :)
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »