Reviews for Just Like My Big Brother
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 12/16/2008
Just found this as I visited your profile after reading your awesome Thanksgiving story!

That was so cute. Could so imagine an over-eager but nervous Sammy extolling the virtues of his big brother to the whole class. Could also imagine Dean's embarrassment and then his trepidation as Sammy started describing a Wendigo! Could also feel Sam's disappointment as the teacher stopped him to give another kid a chance to speak. So loved too how Sam gave Dean the sheet with his notes on and Dean carefully folded it and put it in his wallet.

Perfect then tying this in with the present day, and Dean finding the piece of paper when reaching for bills in his wallet. It linked so well with Sam's words about wanting Dean to be his brother again. And ending it with Dean getting a vanilla ice-cream cone was perfect.

A great heartwarming and well written story, you had both brothers characters perfectly. Loved it, thanks.
PlatinumRoseLady chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
When he took the ice cream out to Sam, a surprised and pleased smile lit up his face, making him look again like that six-year-old who thought Dean could do anything.

I love this.

I love this story!
Fille de Tsuki chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
Wow. That was so adorable and sweet... I could just cry. And so funny too! I loved little Sammy's extreme earnestness during his numeration of Dean's good qualities. So cute! ... That poor first grade teacher. She just doesn't realize that sometimes, violence is the answer. Especially when dealing with bullies or wendigoes!

As a parentified older sibling to a not-so-little-anymore brother, I can at least vouch for the accuracy of Dean's side of the equation. Of course you'd carry the twerp home if he stepped on a bee (or twisted his ankle, or fell off his bike into rosebushes, or otherwise incapacitated himself... fun times) and, duh, you'd beat on anyone who pushed him around. And you don't do it for the appreciation, but if the little punk does notice... *sniffle* And even when he's all grown up, and taller than you, and after you've screwed up and not been what he needed at times - he's still your kid brother, and you'll still take him out for ice cream and buy him his favorite flavor. *sniffle*

...You haven't been stalking me and my brother, have you? Or is this just normal for four-years-apart sibling pairs where the older sibling is somewhat parentified? Are there studies on that?

Haha, wow. Now I've written a dissertation comparing me and my brother to Dean and Sam, instead of singing the praises that your story fully deserves! Well, take it as my way of saying that I emotionally connected to this fic. Because it was way cool. If it was a person, it could totally eat a whole pizza. I bet Thomas Jefferson couldn't do that.
staceycj chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
Wow! You have me stunned. Fantastic work.
sinful delight chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
So while procrastinating on my work today I read your message, suggesting your story. I read it in an attempt to stall the real world. I love it! Its so cute and so predictably Sammy. I can definitely see him doing this as a child and embarassing Dean. Nice work! I will definitely add it to my C2 for others to read.

These days I'm usually pretty busy and don't have as much time as I'd like to read fanfics and update my C2 so I always appreciate a good recommendation... even if it is from the author. Keep up the good work and I look forward to reading more! : )
sweetysmart0505 chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
Dean's good at the big brother thing but somtimes he just needs a little reminder. Good GOOD job. Really sweet!
Merisha chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
Aw that was absolutely awesome! (hugs story) :) - I love how proud Sammy is of Dean, and Dean buying Sammy his fav ice-cream, aw god! It was precious!

What an awesome oneshot!

Hugs and luv

Mish :)
smokeyhorse chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
Gah - I loved this! Sam is too cute for words LOL! And his reasons for wanting to be like Dean were perfect.

I really, really enjoyed it!
L5472 chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
Aw! *squeals* I think I just turned to mush. Hearing Sam say those things in season 3 were just heartbreaking! [

Anyways, loved it!
MKofGod chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
Aw... how ADORIBLE!

I was wondering if you'd written something new and lo and behold - you had! And a fine story it was.

Sniff - so cute. Snicker Sam's attempts at writing and saying long difficult words had me smiling and nodding my head. That's exactly something he'd do.

I love how Dean kept the list, even years later - very good touch.

Very sweet. Very cute.

I can't wait to see what you write next.
moogsthewriter chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
That deserves a huge "AW!"

_

Yay for Sammy and Dean. I love those kind of moments - no matter what, they're still brothers, and they're always gonna be like that. I do have to say, though, one of my favorite parts was this one right here:

"Dean smirked at that. No way the kid was ever gonna be as tall as him."

*snerk* Yeah. We all know what happened with that. Heehee.

Thanks for putting that scene at the end too - it's cute that Dean kept that paper all those years. This story made me very giddy and happy. Thanks for the great read! :)

Moogs
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 12/2/2008
Very, very sweet. I love a worshipful little Sam, and to become the kind of brother he is now, I kinda think he had to have been like this at some point, before it became too uncool to openly admire his brother. I also love when you set this story, after Gordon. It's a nice bridge to Dean's brotherly impulse on the road in the ep tag.
gert chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
Just got a chance to read this one - I liked the way you tied Sam's line to a past event, and the way Dean's recalling that event leads him to try and get past his father's death.

And you just know that Dean would have saved that piece of paper all those years - but he'd die before he'd let Sam know that he did that.

Nice job!
Aishybashy chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
oh I love it! so so so sweet. can i ask though what were their ages? Im Irish so we have a different system so im not sure how old frst grade is? im assuming fairly young?
JennK528 chapter 1 . 11/25/2008
Well, I can't believe I missed this! If I hadn't popped over to send you a PM, I wouldn't have seen it. And now that I've had time to read...

Aw! Too, too delightful. And sweet. That Sammy - who can resist? Loved how the teacher kept trying to make him sit down and give the other kids a chance, but he just kept going...HEE!

And I liked how you ended with a scene from the present day. Nice way to tie it in and wrap it up. Dean is just the best big brother ever. *g*
175 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »