Reviews for Just Like My Big Brother
K-Marie-M chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
That was cute!
spinningleaves chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
Aw! Adorable little Sammy chattering on and on in class! And Dean ready to step back into his role later! Adorablee!
Hydromagnetism chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
Um. Whoa.

That was incredible.

I actually started crying at the end because it was so sweet.

Amazing job, you captured little Sammy perfectly and Dean and Sam's relationship. You should definately write more, you're a great author :)
Port-of-Seas chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
Wow... this is just the perfect amount of fluff to end any day. I kinda wish this was a story to be made canon. It would totally fit.
winky79 chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
Aaw! This is so cute!
iluvaqt chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Gorgeous. Well written and so sweet. It's a shame that innocence is gone too soon.
Lujayn chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
I so totally love this! Little Sam is adorable and cute and I loved Dean's embarrassment and pride and the end part was amazing!

'Dean smirked at that. No way the kid was ever gonna be as tall as him.'

'Leave it to the kid to make a federal case out of ice cream.'

These two cracked me up! You've made my day:)
Ridley C. James chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
Okay, first story of yours I've read, and I'm so glad I did. This was just wonderful. The little Sam was brilliant, and Dean was perfect. Wow, in light of the turn of events this season, this piece makes me miss the boys more than ever.

Ridley
Auf Jaden Fall chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
Aw this is such an amazingly sweet story, I love Dean’s embarrassment/pride and Sam’s naïve love for his brother. As well as his pronunciation! Brilliant! also saying them like his teacher was a little slow XD hilarious and so realistic.

I love Dean keeping it in his wallet and finding it away. The last line is fantastic, Sam child like again, and you have placed it perfectly in with the series, right after they kill Gordon, it works so well.

Amazing story!
cartchica89 chapter 1 . 4/1/2009
Hey Beth, I finally had the time to sit down and read this and I am SO glad I did! This is so cute and sweet, I adored it!

Sammy's excitement over how awesome he thought his brother was was too cute for words and Dean's embarrassment but how he kept smiling at his brother... I loved the mental image you created and how you tied it into the end scene at the convience store... very nice.

Loved it! :)
Fictionnaire chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
Another great touching but hilarious story. Poor Dean, could never get a grip with his emotions. You know can't really express it. "He'll never be as tall as me" LMAO that was so funny to put in.

Very, very moving.
writergirl94 chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
omg this was soo soo cute!

i liked teh sybolism of the vinalla ice cream!

awee little samy was so cute!
irismay42 chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
*Gulp* That was lovely! But kind of hard to read in the week OTHOAP aired! I can totally see Micro!Sammy the way you wrote him here, and I loved the way he focussed on all the things he liked about Dean before finally getting to 'he takes care of me'. It really emphasises how the boys seem to have switched places so utterly this season. *sniffle*
Secret Thought chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
You've become my new favorite person! Lol. Two of my new favorite stories, wow, super amazing. :] This one was SUPER cute. I loved the ending the best.
Holly Lukeman chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
This was an incredibly cute story. I wanted to hug both of them at multiple points. Little Sammy's enthusiasm to share his paper was adorable, and Dean's embarrassment was a lot of fun to read.

Sam wanting to be like Dean was so cute! And Dean's surprise that he didn't choose someone more brainy and famous was very natural. I actually don't think that's changed much - Dean still thinks Sam wants to be a scholarly smart person, and Sam still wants to be like Dean (even if his idea about how to be like that is off).

Throughout Sammy's speech, you gave a lot of insight into both characters, especially Dean, who would not have talked about those things outright to people. Dean able to fix things, popular with girls, protecting Sam, putting Sam first, his knowledge of freaky creatures, liking chocolate (which makes sense to me!). Sam's insistence that he had *more* was very cute.

All those things he did for Sam, he didn't understand how much they meant to his little brother. You did a great job of showing that. It reminds me a bit of AHBL part 2 when Dean is surprised at Sam's statement that he would do anything for Dean. Dean didn't expect Sam to care that much about him.

The tie in to a more recent time and the heart wrenching scene with Sam and Dean in Fresh Blood was a nice addition. It kind of wrapped it all up nicely.

Dean's core identity has always been being a big brother; it's one of his central traits, and you did a great job capturing that.

Good work.